Donald Trump running for president

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
We are not a healthy country thats for sure. Its sad really. I wonder why they dont declare a war on eating so damn much, as being over weight is the number 1 cause of chronic illness and far more dangerous than the CCP-Virus. You would be saving millions every year. Im not for that, but if this is about saving lives maybe they should ration how many calories people can consume in a given day.
You're making unequal comparisons here. Of course obesity is a HUGE problem and kills a TON of people, but when you eat yourself into morbid obesity, you only harm yourself physically. On a financial level, you harm more people, but lets talk about direct physical impact here. With this virus, you can spread it to OTHER PEOPLE by your stupidity. You can't catch obesity from an idiot who doesn't believe in wearing masks. A fat person sneezing on you won't make you catch obesity. I honestly hope you don't believe what you're saying and are just playing Devil's Advocate here, otherwise I really feel sorry for you...

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You're making unequal comparisons here. Of course obesity is a HUGE problem and kills a TON of people, but when you eat yourself into morbid obesity, you only harm yourself physically. On a financial level, you harm more people, but lets talk about direct physical impact here. With this virus, you can spread it to OTHER PEOPLE by your stupidity. You can't catch obesity from an idiot who doesn't believe in wearing masks. A fat person sneezing on you won't make you catch obesity. I honestly hope you don't believe what you're saying and are just playing Devil's Advocate here, otherwise I really feel sorry for you...
You can catch bad habits from people and culture. Your raised eating grilled cheese, pizza and french fries in elementary school by other peoples stupidity, you know those in the government who think they can solve the CCP-Virus crisis. A fat person showing a little kid horrific eating habits can have life shortening impacts on children. TV spreads bad eating habits to OTHER PEOPLE and commercials such as McDonalds display advertisements of pure poison brainwashing OTHER PEOPLE to eating like shyt and dying straining the entire health system and then more people die from that.

So yeah, the irresponsible food culture is far more contagious than sneezing CCP virus on people ,which for the most part most people can take a little CCP virus and be fine.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You can catch bad habits from people and culture. Your raised eating grilled cheese, pizza and french fries in elementary school by other peoples stupidity, you know those in the government who think they can solve the CCP-Virus crisis. A fat person showing a little kid horrific eating habits can have life shortening impacts on children. TV spreads bad eating habits to OTHER PEOPLE and commercials such as McDonalds display advertisements of pure poison brainwashing OTHER PEOPLE to eating like shyt and dying straining the entire health system and then more people die from that.

So yeah, the irresponsible food culture is far more contagious than sneezing CCP virus on people ,which for the most part most people can take a little CCP virus and be fine.
Holy hell is this a dumb post. I tried giving you the benefit of the doubt, but man, I was wrong...

I mean you can catch COVID from someone in an instant, when you do NOTHING. Bad dietary habits take years to develop into obesity, and don’t truly manifest into chronic disease for years/decades. You can also exercise and diet to reverse most if not all of those negatives, while if you catch COVID, it’s acutely dangerous.

You’re either just playing devil’s advocate, or you are truly an absolute dolt. Either way, we’ve both made our views known, so I won’t waste my time further arguing with you.

To quote the great Julius Benedict, “You have no respect for logic... and I have no respect for those with no respect for logic.”

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Now that’s a great quote. Amazing how applicable it is to current times...

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Holy hell is this a dumb post. I tried giving you the benefit of the doubt, but man, I was wrong...

I mean you can catch COVID from someone in an instant, when you do NOTHING. Bad dietary habits take years to develop into obesity, and don’t truly manifest into chronic disease for years/decades. You can also exercise and diet to reverse most if not all of those negatives, while if you catch COVID, it’s acutely dangerous.

You’re either just playing devil’s advocate, or you are truly an absolute dolt. Either way, we’ve both made our views known, so I won’t waste my time further arguing with you.

To quote the great Julius Benedict, “You have no respect for logic... and I have no respect for those with no respect for logic.”
Its not realistic to expect people to exercise and diet, obviously we have a multi-billion dollar fitness industry here in the USA and for society its been nothing but a colossal failure. We can regulate people's caloric intake and mandate masks when they go to the store and buy their "essential" bottle of Jack to drink off the depression they get from dieting at the same time.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I mean you can catch COVID from someone in an instant, when you do NOTHING.
Just stay home and nothing will happen to you. Obese covid invested elephant goblins will never have a chance to sneeze and fart on you.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just stay home and nothing will happen to you. Obese covid invested elephant goblins will never have a chance to sneeze and fart on you.
Either I or someone I know has to go grocery shopping every so often, and to pick up prescriptions from the pharmacy.

You just keep saying more and more stupid s**t.

Man, sometimes it is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
20200630_140254.jpg

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Now that’s a great quote. Amazing how applicable it is to current times...
I don’t know why I even bother with these people. Maybe I’m really the dumb one for expecting to somehow convince them of anything? You can’t use logic to change someone’s mind on a topic they didn’t use logic to arrive at in the first place

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
How many of those come from people with pre-existing conditions as well as nursing homes? How many of those were marked down as CCP-Virus deaths where traditionally people who are sick from other diseases and die after getting the flu are marked for their original disease? What financial incentives did hospitals get to mark patients down as CCP-Virus cases?

I think we have something here with CCP-Virus, it appears to be far more contagious but the solutions are going to cause far more deaths than the sickness. We could have sealed off nursing homes (they did throw in sick elderly in nursing homes causing government error outbreaks here in NY) and informed people as much as possible that if they are risk to stay home and implemented plans to help get these people needs, but the shutdown has been absolutely abusive of power.
Does it friggin matter? 130,000 people is still 130,000 individual lives. 130,000 mothers, fathers, sons, daughters, cousins, friends, work colleagues and acquaintances.

40%+ of the US population is considered obese. That is an underlying health condition. Hypothetically, if the entire US population contracted Covid and 40% died, would you just shrug it off and say, "well they had underlying conditions anway"?

That mindset is shocking. Incredibly selfish. It just sounds like you're OK with 130,000 people dying just so that you can go about your day to day.

What you're also neglecting is that the virus itself doesnt kill people. Have a read here: https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/04/how-does-coronavirus-kill-clinicians-trace-ferocious-rampage-through-body-brain-toes

In essence, a patient may die from a heart attack, or pneumonia, or whatever else but that is triggered by Covid-19. If you shot someone in the femoral artery and they bled to death, you could put down cause of death as substantial loss of blood, but ultimately it was the bullet that caused the cascade of events that led to that person bleeding out. What you're essentially refuting is that it wasn't the bullet (covid) but the loss of blood (pneumonia, heart attack, etc..) that killed the person. You need to understand the bigger picture.

It also blows my mind that you think it's some conspiracy to make money off covid, yet it is crippling your economy. Dont you think state and govt bodies would rather hide how many people were actually dying from covid to better help the economy?

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
During the China virus all other deaths are magically down. The hospitals are counting deaths as China virus for the federal money. Each time someone tests positive it is counted as a new case. People are getting tested multiple times with multiple positives. They already said most people never know they have it so how could we possibly come up with a 4-5% death rate.

I am not saying it’s not real. I am not saying it isn’t serious to some. I am saying that the world over reacted and the facts and data don’t add up. If masks work, why do we need to stay 6 ft apart. If staying 6 ft apart works why do we need masks? If staying 6 ft apart and wearing masks work then why did everything close?

There is massive fraud in the reporting. There is massive fraud happening at the economic level. Has anyone been keeping an eye on Chinese purchases when the global economy is down? What have those terrorists been buying on the cheap?

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If wearing a mask is the saving grace, then why not open everything up? It makes zero sense that a woman can get her nails done, someone can get a tattoo or a massage but we can’t go to a gym in NC. There’s no logic to that.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
We are not a healthy country thats for sure. Its sad really. I wonder why they dont declare a war on eating so damn much, as being over weight is the number 1 cause of chronic illness and far more dangerous than the CCP-Virus. You would be saving millions every year. Im not for that, but if this is about saving lives maybe they should ration how many calories people can consume in a given day.
Lordy, that's some false equivalence here. Is obesity spread through contact? Does it kill you in days or decades?

So unless we can stop all deaths, we shouldnt worry about another way to die? This logic is actually nuts.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lordy, that's some false equivalence here. Is obesity spread through contact? Does it kill you in days or decades?

So unless we can stop all deaths, we shouldnt worry about another way to die? This logic is actually nuts.
Yeah, what if one falls on you?

Look, Im not saying CCP-V isnt a concern or suggesting its a "conspiracy" but you do not solve a crisis by creating another crisis that causes deaths.

Im just trying to put things into perspective but this obsession with the CCP virus is absolutely ridiculous. And stats do matter, if half the people are dying are elderly and the worst case you do what you can to suggest you stay home, keep nursing homes protected and prepared and people can decide for themselves what risks they can take without government intrusion. Should there be regulation on public streets during a pandemic with masks? Sure why not. Can a business mandate masks when entering a store? Of course.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, what if one falls on you?

Look, Im not saying CCP-V isnt a concern or suggesting its a "conspiracy" but you do not solve a crisis by creating another crisis that causes deaths.

Im just trying to put things into perspective but this obsession with the CCP virus is absolutely ridiculous. And stats do matter, if half the people are dying are elderly and the worst case you do what you can to suggest you stay home, keep nursing homes protected and prepared and people can decide for themselves what risks they can take without government intrusion. Should there be regulation on public streets during a pandemic with masks? Sure why not. Can a business mandate masks when entering a store? Of course.
The problem is that idiots refuse to wear masks. If people are responsible and wear their damn masks instead of saying “muh rights” and not wearing them, we won’t have to close businesses again. It’s a really simple concept.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If wearing a mask is the saving grace, then why not open everything up? It makes zero sense that a woman can get her nails done, someone can get a tattoo or a massage but we can’t go to a gym in NC. There’s no logic to that.
Maks HELP A GREAT DEAL. They are not the be-all-end-all. And yeah, it's asinine that tattoo parlors were among the first things to reopen, but some stupidity doesn't justify more stupidity.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
During the China virus all other deaths are magically down. The hospitals are counting deaths as China virus for the federal money. Each time someone tests positive it is counted as a new case. People are getting tested multiple times with multiple positives. They already said most people never know they have it so how could we possibly come up with a 4-5% death rate.

I am not saying it’s not real. I am not saying it isn’t serious to some. I am saying that the world over reacted and the facts and data don’t add up. If masks work, why do we need to stay 6 ft apart. If staying 6 ft apart works why do we need masks? If staying 6 ft apart and wearing masks work then why did everything close?

There is massive fraud in the reporting. There is massive fraud happening at the economic level. Has anyone been keeping an eye on Chinese purchases when the global economy is down? What have those terrorists been buying on the cheap?
Again, do you realise that this is more than just America? Did Italy make up their numbers for Federal money? What about Sweden? NZ? Australia? Russia? What do these countries have to gain by lying about their numbers?

I'm from NZ and we went through an intense 4 week lockdown and pretty much eliminated covid. It's only coming back now due to recent residents and citizens arriving from overseas, but there's no new evidence of community transmission. Guess what? I'm not going about my daily business without a mask (never mandated here at any stage anyway) because we adhered strictly to social distancing.

But you guys cant even get that right, so they are trying to add another preventative measure by mandating masks be worn. And guess what? People are fighting that as well. It is absolutely mind blowing. Darwinism at it's absolute peak. Problem is, you are a huge risk to everyone else around you and not just yourselves.

If you can shrug off 130,000 people dying to this disease, then there is no helping your selfishness.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
It's not a saving grace; it's a preventative measure, not a cure. And you guys are fighting even the most basic of preventative measures.

I really hope the game Plague Inc make a new scenario which accounts for people resisting basic prevention methods. But that would make the game too easy

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Do you even read what you type? If people are getting tested multiple times, and that counts as multiple positives, that would actually DECREASE the death rate, as total cases are the DENOMINATOR in the fraction, and decreasing this number DECREASES the death rate. It's almost like you just make things up as you go along.

Did you read my other post? I told you EXACTLY how I calculated 1%, using not just confirmed/reported cases, but also antibody testing.

And your analogy about extra precautions is dumb as s**t, and you should be embarrassed for asking it.

If seat belts work, why do we have airbags? And if airbags work, why do we have seat belts? See how dumb you sound now?

Please, actually read my other post regarding the 1% calculation, and the calculation on what would happen if we let the virus run its course and reach herd immunity naturally. And if you disagree with my methodology or calculations, explain why. Please. Until then, stop running your mouth with inane, easily disproved drivel.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The problem is that idiots refuse to wear masks. If people are responsible and wear their damn masks instead of saying “muh rights” and not wearing them, we won’t have to close businesses again. It’s a really simple concept.
I agree with that! I have no problem with common sense regulations that at the end of the day truly aren’t in the way of living in with your life. It’s really not a big deal to wear a mask.

I actually had a problem with my ears for a while, just got these hook straps that go on the back of your head problem solved.

https://www.amazon.com/FCXJTU-Adjustable-Anti-Slip-Protector-Relieving/dp/B085R8KZFS/ref=mp_s_a_1_1_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=mask+straps&qid=1593823777&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzSDhWQllNNFBZMVkxJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMDA3NTEwMVpPSlpWVFhQUlcyWSZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwODYyNTkyMUxCTzdWV1JLRkNZSCZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX3Bob25lX3NlYXJjaF9hdGYmYWN0aW9uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Again, do you realise that this is more than just America? Did Italy make up their numbers for Federal money? What about Sweden? NZ? Australia? Russia? What do these countries have to gain by lying about their numbers?

I'm from NZ and we went through an intense 4 week lockdown and pretty much eliminated covid. It's only coming back now due to recent residents and citizens arriving from overseas, but there's no new evidence of community transmission. Guess what? I'm not going about my daily business without a mask (never mandated here at any stage anyway) because we adhered strictly to social distancing.

But you guys cant even get that right, so they are trying to add another preventative measure by mandating masks be worn. And guess what? People are fighting that as well. It is absolutely mind blowing. Darwinism at it's absolute peak. Problem is, you are a huge risk to everyone else around you and not just yourselves.

If you can shrug off 130,000 people dying to this disease, then there is no helping your selfishness.
Nope, LITERALLY EVERY COUNTRY IN THE WORLD (except China and Russia) is in on this together. The mental gymnastics people are displaying here are truly Olympian.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I agree with that! I have no problem with common sense regulations that at the end of the day truly aren’t in the way of living in with your life. It’s really not a big deal to wear a mask.

I actually had a problem with my ears for a while, just got these hook straps that go on the back of your head problem solved.

https://www.amazon.com/FCXJTU-Adjustable-Anti-Slip-Protector-Relieving/dp/B085R8KZFS/ref=mp_s_a_1_1_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=mask+straps&qid=1593823777&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzSDhWQllNNFBZMVkxJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMDA3NTEwMVpPSlpWVFhQUlcyWSZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwODYyNTkyMUxCTzdWV1JLRkNZSCZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX3Bob25lX3NlYXJjaF9hdGYmYWN0aW9uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl
Exactly, you made it work. But when a ton of people are morons who refuse to wear masks and social distance, what option isl left besides closing things down again?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Exactly, you made it work. But when a ton of people are morons who refuse to wear masks and social distance, what option isl left besides closing things down again?

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

I am talking about the US. It is where I live and I am basing it off of what I am seeing. According to stats we are worse hit. But I am of the belief that the count is pure bullshit. The count is probably bullshit everywhere. Lot of crooks that are on their knees to China and who knows the back door deals being made at our expense.

As for me I don’t put anyone at risk. I was social distancing long before it became trendy. My truck door has always had the jumbo size hand sanitizer long before the great sanitizer shortage of 2020. Shaking hands has always had me looking for a sink right after. Only place I am near anyone is at the gym around like minded people that are moving on with life.

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

I am talking about the US. It is where I live and I am basing it off of what I am seeing. According to stats we are worse hit. But I am of the belief that the count is pure bullshit. The count is probably bullshit everywhere. Lot of crooks that are on their knees to China and who knows the back door deals being made at our expense.

As for me I don’t put anyone at risk. I was social distancing long before it became trendy. My truck door has always had the jumbo size hand sanitizer long before the great sanitizer shortage of 2020. Shaking hands has always had me looking for a sink right after. Only place I am near anyone is at the gym around like minded people that are moving on with life.

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Yes, literally every country in the world besides China and Russia are all in on it together because they're all "on their knees to China." Clearly that's the most logical conclusion with the least number of totally impossible to prove or disprove assumptions. Hell, it's like talking to a wall, but at least walls don't spit back nonsense.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
And as for claims that all deaths are being counted as COVID deaths in the US, that's easily shown to be wrong, as right here you see that there are plenty of deaths listed NOT associated with COVID, including influenza and pnemonia:

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/index.htm

But of course you didn't bother to actually check anything before posting, you just "base it off what you see." But you don't see enough...

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Do you even read what you type? If people are getting tested multiple times, and that counts as multiple positives, that would actually DECREASE the death rate, as total cases are the DENOMINATOR in the fraction, and decreasing this number DECREASES the death rate. It's almost like you just make things up as you go along.

Did you read my other post? I told you EXACTLY how I calculated 1%, using not just confirmed/reported cases, but also antibody testing.

And your analogy about extra precautions is dumb as s**t, and you should be embarrassed for asking it.

If seat belts work, why do we have airbags? And if airbags work, why do we have seat belts? See how dumb you sound now?

Please, actually read my other post regarding the 1% calculation, and the calculation on what would happen if we let the virus run its course and reach herd immunity naturally. And if you disagree with my methodology or calculations, explain why. Please. Until then, stop running your mouth with inane, easily disproved drivel.
The problem with the world is that no one can have a different opinion without it being stupid, drivel, dumb or whatever other snobby response people want to make. Way to make your case. You took one example and made it absolute. I am saying there is more to this virus than what is being told. Stevie wonder can see these numbers don’t add up. The advice we are being given doesn’t add up. The precautions and closures that are being done don’t add up. Surely you can agree with that?

I can’t find a single reason to shutter the economy, put 10-15% of our population out of work, watch thousands of businesses close their doors for good to avoid catching this thing which has an incredibly high rate of survival. The harm the closures have done is more than the harm the virus has done.

Let’s compare total deaths from 2019 to total deaths in 2020. Is there a huge difference? Are we seeing 130k extra people dead? No. Because the people dying from China virus were already dying from something else.

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

The problem with the world is that no one can have a different opinion without it being stupid, drivel, dumb or whatever other snobby response people want to make. Way to make your case. You took one example and made it absolute. I am saying there is more to this virus than what is being told. Stevie wonder can see these numbers don’t add up. The advice we are being given doesn’t add up. The precautions and closures that are being done don’t add up. Surely you can agree with that?

I can’t find a single reason to shutter the economy, put 10-15% of our population out of work, watch thousands of businesses close their doors for good to avoid catching this thing which has an incredibly high rate of survival. The harm the closures have done is more than the harm the virus has done.

Let’s compare total deaths from 2019 to total deaths in 2020. Is there a huge difference? Are we seeing 130k extra people dead? No. Because the people dying from China virus were already dying from something else.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote

If you filter by ICU beds in use, there is only 9% of beds left unoccupied.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

No, the problem is that you post nonsense that is easily shown to be objectively incorrect.

Did you read how I arrived at 1%? Why do you disagree with it?

Do you know that your claim of multiple positive tests counting as multiple cases would actually DECREASE the death count? Which would mean it's actually MORE DANGEROUS than is being reported?

Also, you clearly didn't follow my last link, they actually do compare this years deaths to the expected deaths up to this point, which is compared to the same time period from 2017-2019. It's actually up 5% from those years. At 1.284 million total deaths from all causes, that means we are roughly 61,000 deaths over what we had in past years. So even if you cut the death rate in half, it's still nothing to turn your nose at or ignore. Which means, any way you cut it, it's already killed more than a full year of the flu at it's highest estimate, and that's WITH all the measures and shutdowns you say "don't add up" and are overreactions...

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There was a 6-week period this year when all-cause total deaths were up at least 20%, and a 9-week period when they were up at least 10%. So I don't see what you're saying that total death count isn't significantly up. It's like you don't even bother to check things, you just "say what you see."

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
No, the problem is that you post nonsense that is easily shown to be objectively incorrect.

Did you read how I arrived at 1%? Why do you disagree with it?

Do you know that your claim of multiple positive tests counting as multiple cases would actually DECREASE the death count? Which would mean it's actually MORE DANGEROUS than is being reported?

Also, you clearly didn't follow my last link, they actually do compare this years deaths to the expected deaths up to this point, which is compared to the same time period from 2017-2019. It's actually up 5% from those years. At 1.284 million total deaths from all causes, that means we are roughly 61,000 deaths over what we had in past years. So even if you cut the death rate in half, it's still nothing to turn your nose at or ignore. Which means, any way you cut it, it's already killed more than a full year of the flu at it's highest estimate, and that's WITH all the measures and shutdowns you say "don't add up" and are overreactions...
I looked at all your links. I don’t buy the numbers. Sorry, call me a skeptic. So what is your genius solution? Close everything down? Keep going full tyranny till there is nothing left? Should they start counting starvation, suicide, lack of preventive care as China virus deaths now as well? I hold firm that this was a giant overreaction. I guess we will see after the vaccine comes out if the numbers add up or not next year.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote

It's easy to be willing to sacrifice your life for the economy when you're not in harm's way.

You also like to make things up: https://ourworldindata.org/excess-mortality-covid

Plenty of data like the above identify that there is a huge number of excess deaths compared in 2020 compared to other years

"EuroMOMO’s figures suggest that there were about 170,000 excess deaths between March 16th and May 31st"

bUt PeOpLe WeRe DyInG aNyWaY

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I looked at all your links. I don’t buy the numbers. Sorry, call me a skeptic. So what is your genius solution? Close everything down? Keep going full tyranny till there is nothing left? Should they start counting starvation, suicide, lack of preventive care as China virus deaths now as well? I hold firm that this was a giant overreaction. I guess we will see after the vaccine comes out if the numbers add up or not next year.

Explain why you don't buy the numbers. You just say "I don't buy them,"but can't say why? I just told you all-cause total deaths are up 5%, which is ~60,000 additional deaths.

Also, you didn't even f**king read your own link. Top of the page, in a big red rectangle:

All data from 2020 and beyond are UN projections and DO NOT include any impacts of the COVID-19 virus.

Hell, are you really that stupid man?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's easy to be willing to sacrifice your life for the economy when you're not in harm's way.

You also like to make things up: https://ourworldindata.org/excess-mortality-covid

Plenty of data like the above identify that there is a huge number of excess deaths compared in 2020 compared to other years
He doesn't even read the s**t he posts. Their 2020 numbers are a projection, not actual data, and don't reflect COVID deaths. It's at the top of the damn page in a red rectangle.

He has no respect for logic...

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote

It worked for us, and now we're back to normal. No Govt. roaming the streets takin away MUH FREEDOM.

I'd never have thought that I'd get to witness an event like the fall of Rome in my lifetime. I'm sure the US's reaction to Covid will be studied in detail in the future, and people will be perplexed at how such a powerful nation was crippled by a virus because they refused to adhere to simple guidelines lol

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
And another source:

There were approximately 781 000 total deaths in the United States from March 1 to May 30, 2020, representing 122 300 (95% prediction interval, 116 800-127 000) more deaths than would typically be expected at that time of year. There were 95 235 reported deaths officially attributed to COVID-19 from March 1 to May 30, 2020. The number of excess all-cause deaths was 28% higher than the official tally of COVID-19–reported deaths during that period. In several states, these deaths occurred before increases in the availability of COVID-19 diagnostic tests and were not counted in official COVID-19 death records. There was substantial variability between states in the difference between official COVID-19 deaths and the estimated burden of excess deaths.

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/fullarticle/2767980

This one actually says that the total excess deaths were actually HIGHER than what was reported with COVID deaths.

It DOES all add up, you just can't understand it, or don't want to.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It worked for us, and now we're back to normal. No Govt. roaming the streets takin away MUH FREEDOM.

I'd never have thought that I'd get to witness an event like the fall of Rome in my lifetime. I'm sure the US's reaction to Covid will be studied in detail in the future, and people will be perplexed at how such a powerful nation was crippled by a virus because they refused to adhere to simple guidelines lol
"Patriots" who "love their country" can't even be bothered to wear masks when they go shopping. And if this doesn't apply to you, whoever may be reading this, then ignore it and don't take it personally.

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I know one thing you don't do...

Actually read the sources you post. ;)
I am in utter awe at your whit and supreme intellect. I don’t think there is another human being on this earth that is quite as intelligent, well spoken, and superior like you. I bet you are the best looking guy in your town as well. You got it all. I can’t imagine how cool it would be to be you for just a single day.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
A US record of the Spanish Influenza:

Violence erupted in some areas, with people being shot for not wearing their masks, along with homicides and suicides. “An epidemic erodes social cohesiveness because the source of your danger is your fellow human beings, the source of your danger is your wife, children, parents and so on. So, if an epidemic goes on long enough, and the bodies start to pile up and nobody can dig graves fast enough to put the people into them, then morality does start to break down.”

How does that quote go about forgetting history and it repeating itself?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am in utter awe at your whit and supreme intellect. I don’t think there is another human being on this earth that is quite as intelligent, well spoken, and superior like you. I bet you are the best looking guy in your town as well. You got it all. I can’t imagine how cool it would be to be you for just a single day.
Way to not actually admit you've been repeatedly wrong, and to also not actually say why you think the statistics I've provided are wrong. You've just stuck your head in the sand and said "I disagree, it doesn't add up," posted things that don't say what you claim they say, and ignored any data that disagrees with you.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
A US record of the Spanish Influenza:

Violence erupted in some areas, with people being shot for not wearing their masks, along with homicides and suicides. “An epidemic erodes social cohesiveness because the source of your danger is your fellow human beings, the source of your danger is your wife, children, parents and so on. So, if an epidemic goes on long enough, and the bodies start to pile up and nobody can dig graves fast enough to put the people into them, then morality does start to break down.”

How does that quote go about forgetting history and it repeating itself?
"There were 3 different waves of illness during the pandemic, starting in March 1918 and subsiding by summer of 1919. The pandemic peaked in the U.S. during the second wave, in the fall of 1918. This highly fatal second wave was responsible for most of the U.S. deaths attributed to the pandemic."

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-resources/1918-commemoration/three-waves.htm

Look how low the first wave was compared to the second. And the third. People are idiots...

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Way to not actually admit you've been repeatedly wrong, and to also not actually say why you think the statistics I've provided are wrong. You've just stuck your head in the sand and said "I disagree, it doesn't add up," posted things that don't say what you claim they say, and ignored any data that disagrees with you.
I conceded. You can now stand proud in front of all your bros and tell them how you won the China virus debate on a bodybuilding forum. Kudos.