Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
You seem to think a lot of things are true
I have lived a long time[longer than I expected, to be honest] hopefully one day you will be so lucky to have lived as long as I have and you can set the youngsters straight on how it actually was 'back in the day'.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
bullshit...I lived it ...she was born in 64, in 72 when I started high school bussing was in effect.

try all you want, you can't rewrite history.
Did you go her school (which wasn't high school if you read the article) or were you already in Indiana? Parts of Indiana began busing in the 70's, but Indianapolis didn't begin until the 80's. Not all places began at the same time.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Did you go her school (which wasn't high school if you read the article) or were you already in Indiana? Parts of Indiana began busing in the 70's, but Indianapolis didn't begin until the 80's. Not all places began at the same time.
bullshit again...dude you are so wrong. I went to high school in Indianapolis, and bussing WAS going on in 72. we didn't have enough busses to transport all the kids getting bussed so bus tickets were given out to use city busses for free. used to trade bus tickets for cinnamon rolls in cafeteria--don't tell me stuff I lived thru!!! lol, like I said there are still more than enough of us who were actually there to rewrite history--even though plenty seem to be trying, lol..

in 1971 the supreme court ruled to uphold the use of busing 'to achieve racial desegregation in schools'.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
bullshit again...dude you are so wrong. I went to high school in Indianapolis, and bussing WAS going on in 72. we didn't have enough busses to transport all the kids getting bussed so bus tickets were given out to use city busses for free. used to trade bus tickets for cinnamon rolls in cafeteria--don't tell me stuff I lived thru!!! lol, like I said there are still more than enough of us who were actually there to rewrite history--even though plenty seem to be trying, lol..

in 1971 the supreme court ruled to uphold the use of busing 'to achieve racial desegregation in schools'.
Maybe if Indiana focused more on reading and less on cross burning...

https://blog.history.in.gov/tag/forced-busing/

"In 1973, IPS having taken no significant steps towards desegregation, the district court asserted jurisdiction over the issue. Judge Dillin of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Indiana ordered a one-way busing system to force IPS and the township schools to integrate."

"In Indianapolis, the first buses of black students began commuting to white schools in 1973. Not all schools responded to the desegregation order immediately. Some townships, including Perry, Decatur, Franklin, and Lawrence only began accepting IPS students bused to their schools in 1981."

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Maybe if Indiana focused more on reading and less on cross burning...

https://blog.history.in.gov/tag/forced-busing/

"In 1973, IPS having taken no significant steps towards desegregation, the district court asserted jurisdiction over the issue. Judge Dillin of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Indiana ordered a one-way busing system to force IPS and the township schools to integrate."

"In Indianapolis, the first buses of black students began commuting to white schools in 1973. Not all schools responded to the desegregation order immediately. Some townships, including Perry, Decatur, Franklin, and Lawrence only began accepting IPS students bused to their schools in 1981."
they didn't use 'school'buses, they gave out bus tickets to ride city buses..and it started in 72, I went to a inner city school in marion county less than 2 miles from center of downtown....all the quotes aren't going to change what really happened-I was there and lived it.

those township schools are where all the rich white kids went, us poor white trash kids didn't get treated much[if any]different than the black kids. inner city schools were busing in 72, I guess history doesn't want to acknowledge this FACT.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
they didn't use 'school'buses, they gave out bus tickets to ride city buses..and it started in 72, I went to a inner city school in marion county less than 2 miles from center of downtown....all the quotes aren't going to change what really happened-I was there and lived it.

those township schools are where all the rich white kids went, us poor white trash kids didn't get treated much[if any]different than the black kids. inner city schools were busing in 72, I guess history doesn't want to acknowledge this FACT.
You can scream about your cinnamon rolls all you want. The point is that different districts and schools began busing at different times and some didn't begin until much later. That's looking just at your general area, so how the hell are you going to use that as an example of what was going on in California?

And yes, I am sure that life for a poor white kid was just as bad for a black kid in Indiana, the state that had the largest branch of the KKK. I'll just start calling you Navin Johnson so we all know how oppressed you were.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
You can scream about your cinnamon rolls all you want. The point is that different districts and schools began busing at different times and some didn't begin until much later. That's looking just at your general area, so how the hell are you going to use that as an example of what was going on in California?

And yes, I am sure that life for a poor white kid was just as bad for a black kid in Indiana, the state that had the largest branch of the KKK. I'll just start calling you Navin Johnson so we all know how oppressed you were.
I grew up dirt poor with no dad 2 blocks from brick city in a neighborhood that was over 70% black...quite the childhood.

but just like alcoholism, my childhood made me a better person. I truly appreciate how blessed I have been in life. some people don't have appreciation for how good they have it, I am not one of those people...I wake up everyday and say a prayer of thanks for the wonderful life GOD has given me.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I grew up dirt poor with no dad 2 blocks from brick city in a neighborhood that was over 70% black...quite the childhood.

but just like alcoholism, my childhood made me a better person. I truly appreciate how blessed I have been in life. some people don't have appreciation for how good they have it, I am not one of those people...I wake up everyday and say a prayer of thanks for the wonderful life GOD has given me.
Kamala Harris brought up the subject of busing not because she wanted to present herself as poor. She brought it up because it applied directly to an opponent, Joe Biden. Even if we ignore that it's a personal issue for her and assume it's all strategy, it's still no reason to jump on the birther train all over again. People instantly attacked her, questioning if she is black enough or was poor enough. Who cares? You voted for the billionaire who has never been able to relate to you.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Kamala Harris brought up the subject of busing not because she wanted to present herself as poor. She brought it up because it applied directly to an opponent, Joe Biden. Even if we ignore that it's a personal issue for her and assume it's all strategy, it's still no reason to jump on the birther train all over again. People instantly attacked her, questioning if she is black enough or was poor enough. Who cares? You voted for the billionaire who has never been able to relate to you.
i don't care if she is black, I don't care if she grew up poor... all I care about is that she's a democrat-which means I don't like her. don't like biden either, never have, never will.

tbh I don't even like trump as a person....but he isn't a democrat.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
wanna hear something funny...my wife is native American and she comes from a wealthy family...I always tell her that she got MY white privilege, lol.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yup...I grew up with blacks, was in navy with all races-ate, lived, drank and frequently fought with them. lived with Asians in philipines for 7 years and i'm married to a Cherokee woman...race don't mean a thing to me, but democrats suck, lol...why? because I love my country and democrats want to destroy it.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yup...I grew up with blacks, was in navy with all races-ate, lived, drank and frequently fought with them. lived with Asians in philipines for 7 years and i'm married to a Cherokee woman...race don't mean a thing to me, but democrats suck, lol...why? because I love my country and democrats want to destroy it.
We are all just human and as you said in the past, the only color that matters is green :)

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
tbh I don't even like trump as a person....but he isn't a democrat.
Keep telling yourself that lmao

3 guesses who said this: "In many cases, I probably identify more as Democrat," ... "It just seems that the economy does better under the Democrats than the Republicans. Now, it shouldn't be that way. But if you go back, I mean it just seems that the economy does better under the Democrats. ...But certainly we had some very good economies under Democrats, as well as Republicans. But we've had some pretty bad disaster under the Republicans."

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Keep telling yourself that lmao

3 guesses who said this: "In many cases, I probably identify more as Democrat," ... "It just seems that the economy does better under the Democrats than the Republicans. Now, it shouldn't be that way. But if you go back, I mean it just seems that the economy does better under the Democrats. ...But certainly we had some very good economies under Democrats, as well as Republicans. But we've had some pretty bad disaster under the Republicans."
remind Maxine, chuck and Nancy that trump used to be a democrat.lol.

Last edited:
thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
We are all just human and as you said in the past, the only color that matters is green :)
like Samuel l Jackson says-whats in your wallet?

I am a firm believer that financial status determines how you are treated much more than skin color.

kamalla harris enjoys much more privilege than most whites I know.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
nike dropping betsy ross 4th of july shoe because colon krapperfullofshit says it's racist.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
so I google 10 worst run cities in America...every single one is run by democrats-imagine that, lol.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
You want a Correct America. Vote Toups for the Correct America 2020. I will fix everything wrong and abide by the Constitution. Because, the people are the boss. The people in Washington are just employees. And if they dont follow the Constitution I will get rid of them

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You want a Correct America. Vote Toups for the Correct America 2020. I will fix everything wrong and abide by the Constitution. Because, the people are the boss. The people in Washington are just employees. And if they dont follow the Constitution I will get rid of them
I would vote for you, but you better get a damn good VP!!!!

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I would vote for you, but you better get a damn good VP!!!!
I have another Iraq Veteran with one Eye willing to serve as my VP. We fought for lower gas prices(Iraq), and Heroin(Afghanistan) amazing how Narcan became over the counter right after we got there? Right

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I plan on creating an all Military Veteran Cabinet once elected. I want to help Veterans, and the non existent middle class. We went to war for this Country and no one in Office NOW. UNderatands what we did

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
We Can create a better America by abiding by the Constitution. Thats what it was created for. Not for politicians who interpret it the way they want too

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
We Can create a better America by abiding by the Constitution. Thats what it was created for. Not for politicians who interpret it the way they want too
Im all for that. Most of the government as of now doesnt give a crap about it, mostly every Repiblicrat and Demican.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Double-Amen-non-fat-latte-with-low-fat-whip-sprinkles-but-no-dairy-caramel-drizzle-my-nizzle-salted-xtra-w/room.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
In other news, it's been a strange day. I found a hat full of money and then I was chased down the street by an angry man with a guitar. :scratches-head:

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Actually. As it turns out racist groups have appropriated that flag for their use so it makes sense to omit it in this case especially.

Kind of how a religious symbol was appropriated in the past by another figure to fuel his Reich.

Don’t like it. Don’t buy Nike.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
“That flag” is the country’s flag. Just like every country has their own. This guilt by association thing is so fucking stupid. I bet you racist people use amazon too.

I 100% agree with the sentiment of if you don’t like don’t buy. If Nike wants to listen to a guy who says America is oppressive while simultaneously wearing communist apparel that is their right. It’s dumb, but it’s still their right to do so.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Huh? English that out bro.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Huh? English that out bro.
The first part is simply saying I do not like the modern day guilt by association.

The second part is about Colin wearing communist shirts. He also acts as though America is extremely oppressive. If you know anything about communism/communist country’s you could see how this contradicts. I concede America is not perfect by any stretch, but there is a reason people leave communist countries to come here as opposed to the opposite. I do agree with the right of Nike to do what they want so we agree on “don’t like don’t buy.”

The tone comes the constant comparison , and in my opinion, belittling of what actually happened in WWII. I do not know when this became the in thing, but I believe it is horrible. Just as a person who loves learning about and appreciating the history of the human race. Nothing to do with politics. Nazi Germany was incredibly horrible. I can’t even describe in words how bad I believe it was.

Edit: the tone was absolutely nothing personal against you to be clear.

Last edited:
Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
“That flag” is the country’s flag. Just like every country has their own. This guilt by association thing is so fucking stupid. I bet you racist people use amazon too.

I 100% agree with the sentiment of if you don’t like don’t buy. If Nike wants to listen to a guy who says America is oppressive while simultaneously wearing communist apparel that is their right. It’s dumb, but it’s still their right to do so.
They're not using the current flag. They're using the flag from a time in this country when slavery was still a thing and I believe that the point of the backlash. <--How I understand their concern, not mine. How is Amazon racist?

Everybody needs to take a step back, a deep breath, and look at what the internet is telling them to be upset about this week. Unless the flag code doesn't pertain to past flags, people should be upset that Nike was planning on doing this in the first place, not that they decided to pull them. However, most of those people are hypocrites and will be rocking American flag cargo shorts during the 4th. Also, let's not pretend that Nike was this US-made apple pie company up until yesterday or whenever this happened. Were all these twitter patriots planning on buying shoes that go against the flag code, has you walking on the flag as it's on the ground as part of your shoes, and is made in some other country? Seems odd to me.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
They're not using the current flag. They're using the flag from a time in this country when slavery was still a thing and I believe that the point of the backlash.
Everybody needs to take a step back, a deep breath, and look at what the internet is telling them to be upset about this week. Unless the flag code doesn't pertain to past flags, people should be upset that Nike was planning on doing this in the first place, not that they decided to pull them. However, most of those people are hypocrites and will be rocking American flag cargo shorts during the 4th. Also, let's not pretend that Nike was this US-made apple pie company up until yesterday or whenever this happened. Were all these twitter patriots planning on buying shoes that go against the flag code, has you walking on the flag as it's on the ground as part of your shoes, and is made in some other country? Seems odd to me.
I didn’t say amazon was racist. I will clarify.
The post said religious groups were appropriating the flag like how hitler appropriate religious symbols. My point is just because a racist person or group starts to like something it does not mean that thing is inherently racist. I went extreme with saying I bet racist people use amazon. The point is that is no slight on amazon if they are not racist themselves.

Make sense?

If they were using a rebel flag I 100% agree with complaints. I admit I haven’t seen the shoe. I don’t care what Nike does. I just don’t understand Colin having so much sway considering his massive contradiction.

The flag code is not a hill I want to die on my friend. My only “outrage” I guess you could say is the lack of education people seem to have on communism and/or nazi Germany. That’s more of a history thing than political IMO.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
To be clear I would be just as annoyed if republicans did an equivalent like starting saying Bernie’s ideas are like the Great Leap Forward in China.

It is preposterous.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I didn’t say amazon was racist. I will clarify.
The post said religious groups were appropriating the flag like how hitler appropriate religious symbols. My point is just because a racist person or group starts to like something it does not mean that thing is inherently racist. I went extreme with saying I bet racist people use amazon. The point is that is no slight on amazon if they are not racist themselves.

Make sense?

If they were using a rebel flag I 100% agree with complaints. I admit I haven’t seen the shoe. I don’t care what Nike does. I just don’t understand Colin having so much sway considering his massive contradiction.

The flag code is not a hill I want to die on my friend. My only “outrage” I guess you could say is the lack of education people seem to have on communism and nazi Germany. That’s more of a history thing than political IMO.
I see, thanks for clarifying. They were going to use the Betsy Ross flag.

Can you clarify the connection between Colin and Nazi Germany? I think maybe I've seen him in a Che Guevara shirt, but haven't really looked into what his political beliefs are.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I see, thanks for clarifying. They were going to use the Betsy Ross flag.

Can you clarify the connection between Colin and Nazi Germany? I think maybe I've seen him in a Che Guevara shirt, but haven't really looked into what his political beliefs are.
Sorry I suck at this. That was two separate thoughts. You are 100% on correct on Colin.

Nazi germany was brought up in another post. I did not articulate my point well. That’s what happens when I just into these convos when I get a minute here and there on the phone .

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Sorry I suck at this. That was two separate thoughts. You are 100% on correct on Colin.

Nazi germany was brought up in another post. I did not articulate my point well. That’s what happens when I just into these convos when I get a minute here and there on the phone .
You're all good. This form of communication is what sucks lol.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
To be clear I would be just as annoyed if republicans did an equivalent like starting saying Bernie’s ideas are like the Great Leap Forward in China.

It is preposterous.
speaking of 'bernie', he is a big fat liar...1st off MCDONALDS does not sell hash, and if they did I doubt they would be slinging it....just sayin.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
navy seal found not guilty of killing isis member in Iraq.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
navy seal found not guilty of killing isis member in Iraq.
Because his piece of @#$% friend took the blame after getting immunity. Claims he did it to save the prisoner from getting tortured by Iraqi soldiers.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Because his piece of @#$% friend took the blame after getting immunity. Claims he did it to save the prisoner from getting tortured by Iraqi soldiers.
information is slow getting out but I heard something about a 'sewing circle'?

immunity and plea deals really piss me off, but that is a whole different topic.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
information is slow getting out but I heard something about a 'sewing circle'?

immunity and plea deals really piss me off, but that is a whole different topic.
The guys under him used WhatsApp to discuss the things they witnessed him do before coming forward. Apparently they called that group the sewing circle.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
The guys under him used WhatsApp to discuss the things they witnessed him do before coming forward. Apparently they called that group the sewing circle.
oh boy!!!

I have a feeling this is only the beginning of this story....

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
eric swalwell......never thought I would be saying this but good job. he and Andrew yang are the only 2 2010 dem hopefuls to condemn Antifa attack on journalist.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
eric swalwell......never thought I would be saying this but good job. he and Andrew yang are the only 2 2010 dem hopefuls to condemn Antifa attack on journalist.
Show up to support groups like the Proud Boys and you get what you deserve. Throw some snowflakes on the bruises and stay home next time.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Not super familiar with Swalwell but I do think Yang is a very reasonable person. Unfortunately I don’t think he is what the party is looking for.