Doing okay?

yzinger

Awards
Hi guys/girls - a quick question...

typically i am taking about 50-56 grams of protien immediately after my workout....i then try to follow up with a decent whole meal within 2 hrs. This is correct?

...also, lately I have been having a plain/raisin bagel (54g carb) about 15-30 minutes before workout...also a good idea? I am having a bad ass time trying to decide when to injest protien...

HELP????

I have read the excellent articles on here....just looking for some more specifics

flytrapcan

flytrapcan

Awards
  • Established
I'd like someone to address the max amount of useful protein to ingest in any one serving. I've heard 30 - 35 grams is the max.

Hope you don't mind me appending to your post yzinger.

idunk42

King Kong
Awards
  • Established
I'd like someone to address the max amount of useful protein to ingest in any one serving. I've heard 30 - 35 grams is the max.

Hope you don't mind me appending to your post yzinger.
Its hard to say. Every person is different on how much protein a person digests and utilizes at one time. You just have to try out different amounts and see what works best for you. I just wouldnt suggest going over 60g unless you are extraordinarly large.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
...also, lately I have been having a plain/raisin bagel (54g carb) about 15-30 minutes before workout...also a good idea? I am having a bad ass time trying to decide when to injest protien...

/QUOTE]

Save the bagel the plain bagel for post w/o and have a lower gi carb source pre