Doing a 1-AD cycle (my first!)

Boonfly8

Boonfly8

Awards
  • Established
Hey all,

Male,32yr, intermediate lifter, I’m planning my first prohormone cycle and i have decided to go with 1-DHEA (1-AD). Been researching for awhile still have some questions before I make all the necessary purchases. If you can help with some answers or clarification, much appreciated.

1. There are lots of products out there by Steel, Hi-Tech, Blackstone , etc which product did any of you guys go with? The ingredients are all slightly different , due to esterification (I assume) I am especially confused with Hi-Tech “1-AD” vs “1-Testosterone”. 1-AD converts into 1-Testosterone so what is the difference of the two products?

2. definitely looking to do on cycle support as well as an aromatase inhibitor and of course PCT. Any recommendations? I’d like to get everything i need before I start.

3. Novedex used to be the go to PCT, but now we also have armistiane. What is the difference?

Humbl3

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Should probably stay away from the Hi-Tec brands IMO

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
A lot to address there but I'll start with this: if it was me looking at a 1-DHEA run I'd skip the low dosages you'll get from hi tech and go for Iconic Formulations Icon One. Lots of good reviews, a board sponsor and they're running a good black Friday deal right now.

Just saw your post humbl3, I agree

elo76

elo76

Awards
  • Established
Just be sure to get something that is dosed correctly. I would not run 1-Andro under 330mg/day. If you like caps, you can try Super Mandro which is a fully dosed product.

Humbl3

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Just be sure to get something that is dosed correctly. I would not run 1-Andro under 330mg/day. If you like caps, you can try Super Mandro which is a fully dosed product.
A great product!! As well as Andro the Giant.

Boonfly8

Boonfly8

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys,

Thanks for the replies. I did read from a West Texas and California university studies that it was run around 300/330mg per day as elo76 wrote. And I'm sure many of you guys know, lots of 1-AD products out there are dosed low in the 50mg to 60mgs. This is not particular a problem as I'll just take 2 tabs per serving (or whatever it is to get to the doses). I've never done any prohormones, steriods etc... ... do you guys still recommend starting at 330mg?

This has been bugging me but I have no idea what the difference between 1-Testosterone vs 1-AD is. Seems redundant to have two products that should convert to the same thing.

Also looking to get on cycle support and an AI to be extra safe so-to-speak.

Thx guys, looking forward to more replies and hopefully get all this soon.

Last edited:

mawalega

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
This has been bugging me but I have no idea what the difference between 1-Testosterone vs 1-AD is. Seems redundant to have two products that should convert to the same thing.
Its the amount of conversion or "steps" it takes to reach the target hormone. Taking one closer to the target will be more efficient/powerful but a lot of factors like if the compound is active by itself.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Hey all,

Male,32yr, intermediate lifter, I’m planning my first prohormone cycle and i have decided to go with 1-DHEA (1-AD). Been researching for awhile still have some questions before I make all the necessary purchases. If you can help with some answers or clarification, much appreciated.

1. There are lots of products out there by Steel, Hi-Tech, Blackstone , etc which product did any of you guys go with? The ingredients are all slightly different , due to esterification (I assume) I am especially confused with Hi-Tech “1-AD” vs “1-Testosterone”. 1-AD converts into 1-Testosterone so what is the difference of the two products?

2. definitely looking to do on cycle support as well as an aromatase inhibitor and of course PCT. Any recommendations? I’d like to get everything i need before I start.

3. Novedex used to be the go to PCT, but now we also have armistiane. What is the difference?
I just wanted to point out the obvious...

None of these products are 1-Testosterone.
.... Despite the fact that one Company named it's product that.

elo76

elo76

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys,

Thanks for the replies. I did read from a West Texas and California university studies that it was run around 300/330mg per day as elo76 wrote. And I'm sure many of you guys know, lots of 1-AD products out there are dosed low in the 50mg to 60mgs. This is not particular a problem as I'll just take 2 tabs per serving (or whatever it is to get to the doses). I've never done any prohormones, steriods etc... ... do you guys still recommend starting at 330mg?

Also looking to get on cycle support and an AI to be extra safe so-to-speak.

Thx guys, looking forward to more replies and hopefully get all this soon.
Most of "that companies" marketing is very misleading. Still can't believe one of their products are actually called SD. Whatever...it still gets people to use it.

To the OP....I would run 1-Andro @ 330 and Epi-Andro @ 750-1000 for 8 weeks for your first run. I did 1/4/ Epi @ 330/330/1000 for mine and ran it later without the 4 and saw no difference. Unless u can pick up some real 4AD...u can leave it out. It will produce some lean gains. Remember....Andros don't "kick in" for most people until 4-5 weeks in.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I just wanted to point out the obvious...

None of these products are 1-Testosterone.
.... Despite the fact that one Company named it's product that.
As this points out the products you are looking at are not 1-testosterone. The kinds of products you are looking for are as stated above products like Icon one which you can add something like dermacrine to for support and then a good pct. If you your looking for something more of a single ingredient you can look at iron legions 1-ad.

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Its the amount of conversion or "steps" it takes to reach the target hormone. Taking one closer to the target will be more efficient/powerful but a lot of factors like if the compound is active by itself.
I think he's specifically talking about the two hi tech products

EDIT: my page hadn't loaded like 4 responses! Sorry for that!

Boonfly8

Boonfly8

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys,

Thx for the additional input. As "Anabolicwrwlf" mentioned, I am specifically referring to Hi-Tech's two products. I have been looking at various companies that offer 1-DHEA (Steel, Hi-Tech, Blackstone, etc) and they all seem to have different analogs for 1-AD. What is interesting is that Hi-Tech offers "1-AD" and "1-Testosterone". It's just the name as we know it takes conversion processes to get to the parents hormone 1-Testosterone. The latter is dosed at 110mg (Hi-tech 1-Tesosterone).

I am unsure of which company's 1-AD to use, as like I mentioned above, they all have slightly different names/ingredients, maybe some to due esterification, etc.. but I will dose at 330mg per day. I understand that this may take up to double amount of bottles I have to purchase, but so be it. I'd rather dose at the clinical proven dosages.

1-AD does not aromatize nor does it convert to DHT. However, because of the added stress and added work for the body, I will be taking an on-cycle support as well. I also read that 1-AD can be dry on the joints. Anyone recommend a good on-cycle support for this? There are quite a bit out there and each of them have different ingredients as well. Any major ingredients that are "must-haves" for on cycle? Also, as for PCT, what is the difference between the age-old Novedex by Gaspari and "Arimistane"? Could def use some guidance on PCT products as well.

Thx all for the contributions. Any advice or experience you can share is greatly appreciated!

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
I ran 1-andro earlier this year at 220 for a couple weeks and then 330 for 6 and it had me pretty lethargic that last 4 weeks or so. Probably would have done well with something alongside it. I thought an OTC pct product (active ingredient was arimistane) was going to be sufficient with an andro but it definitely wasn't, at least for me. Lesson learned. I will be using serms from here on as it took me months to get back to feeling normal using just arimistane that first month and then natural boosters. (Just now getting there and I finished the andro back at the beginning of July. M Test has been very helpful)

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i ran iconic formulations icon one and alpha seven[androsterone] and saw what i consider great results, 7 very lean lbs that were easily maintainable after cycle and even now...given that alpha four wasn't released yet when i ran that cycle, next time i will be running alpha four along with icon one.

and like chef said great sale going on right now!!!

Henrock

Awards
Hi-Tech's stuff works, but you have to dose them HIGH. 330+ ed for the 1-Test product. I've ran this a couple of times with decent results..hard, dry, some strength a size gains. But at that dosage, you need several bottles for a 4-6 week cycle.

Hi-Tech also has a prodocut called "Halodrol" (they acutally made it for Gaspari back in the day) which has both 1-test (or 1andro, 1-dhea, all same thing) and 4-Andro.

Boonfly8

Boonfly8

Awards
  • Established
Does anyone know if the 2013 West Texas and Cal 1-ad study that was dosed at 330mg/day had liposomal delivery back then? It just said on paper that they had a third party tested the ingredients (which was >99%)

UNX

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Does anyone know if the 2013 West Texas and Cal 1-ad study that was dosed at 330mg/day had liposomal delivery back then? It just said on paper that they had a third party tested the ingredients (which was >99%)
No liposomal delivery:

Each prohomone capsule contained 110 mg of 3β-hydroxy-5α-androst-1-en-17-one, the active compound, and 50 mg of 6,7,-dihydrobergamottin, a member of the furanocoumarin family that inhibits cytochrome P450 34A and was included to increase oral PS bioavailability.

Henrock

Awards
What UNX said. And I also took mine with grapefruit juice. Not sure if that made a difference or not.

Boonfly8

Boonfly8

Awards
  • Established
not sure if liposomal technology was mainstream during 2013. It does look like the study was based off a commercial bottle which they just tested for purity. So not sure why they chose the dose the way they did.

if it did not have liposomal delivery, maybe 110mg twice a day is sufficient, or at least to start with.

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Hi-Tech's stuff works, but you have to dose them HIGH. 330+ ed for the 1-Test product. I've ran this a couple of times with decent results..hard, dry, some strength a size gains. But at that dosage, you need several bottles for a 4-6 week cycle.

Hi-Tech also has a prodocut called "Halodrol" (they acutally made it for Gaspari back in the day) which has both 1-test (or 1andro, 1-dhea, all same thing) and 4-Andro.
1-test and 1-andro are not the same thing, regardless of what hi tech might have you believe.

EDIT: Their products have misleading names to say the least.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
just run iconic formulations icon one, i can vouch for it's effectiveness!!!

Boonfly8

Boonfly8

Awards
  • Established
So I have made my decision and will run the following for a 8 week cycle

first 4 weeks
220mg Hi Tech
2 servings of ironmag labs advanced cycle support + 2 servings of TUDCA 500mg (servings split between morning and night)

I will assess how I feel after the first 4 weeks. May look to bump up another pill to total off 330mg at that time.

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Personally I think the Tudca is overkill at that dose, or at all really, you're not dealing with a methylated compound here. That said, I've seen some say it's a good thing to use for general wellness and keeping your liver happy.

I would definitely suggest bumping up sooner than 4 weeks, I wish I had run it at that to start and potentially gone up from there. These guys are on it saying 330 is a minimum effective dose. Others may be able to chime in on the point of diminishing returns with 1-andro?

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
I should rephrase that I suppose. I don't know that I necessarily agree with the general concept of "minimum effective dose" per se. You could take 110mg and probably notice something. I think the argument is not that you won't see something happen at a lower dose but rather you will see much more happen at a higher dose. An illustration I saw someone recently pose was something to the effect of "1+1=3"

Boonfly8

Boonfly8

Awards
  • Established
Anaboicwrwolf,

believe me I’d love to bump up to 330mg, but as you can probably reference from my on cycle support schedule, I don’t want to do things half-assed. I have read countless reviews that 220mg ppl have seen great results (and noticing difference within first week). As in reference to the study, it was dosed at 330mg but no liposomal delivery. I do plan on running this for the full 8 weeks and maybe I’ll do the 330mg in the new year. Please also keep in mind that this is my absolute first prohormone.

Boonfly8

Boonfly8

Awards
  • Established
But I will keep in mind that I can go up another pill. I will post here intermittently as I’m on the cycle with any developments etc.

what do you suggest for PCT? I have a bottle of Hi Tech Arimistane but nothing else at the moment as I figured I’ll research it more during the 8 weeks. I have looked into PCTs and many “accessory” ingredients im already taking as on cycle support anyways (without the arimistane). ...do I just keep taking them during pct and add arimistane and maybe a test booster?

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Being cautionary going into your first run is nothing but a wise move.

Def want a test booster in pct and as I suggested look into serms. That's my advice anyway, others may feel differently. Arimistane was not enough for me, I felt like ass for months. Kept the gains though so maybe I had mono or something :LOL:

Boonfly8

Boonfly8

Awards
  • Established
Did you go with arimistane for 1DHEA? Or another prohormone? If you did , did you run 1-DHEA at an elevated dose?
Can you recommend a pct schedule for someone doing 220 to 330mg 8 weeks just 1-DHEA?

I know nothing about a “proper” pct , at this time. And I’m sure proper is different everywhere you look lol

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Allow myself to introduce... myself...
I ran 1-andro earlier this year at 220 for a couple weeks and then 330 for 6 and it had me pretty lethargic that last 4 weeks or so. Probably would have done well with something alongside it. I thought an OTC pct product (active ingredient was arimistane) was going to be sufficient with an andro but it definitely wasn't, at least for me. Lesson learned. I will be using serms from here on as it took me months to get back to feeling normal using just arimistane that first month and then natural boosters. (Just now getting there and I finished the andro back at the beginning of July. M Test has been very helpful)

Boonfly8

Boonfly8

Awards
  • Established
Besides the lethargy did you also experience dehydration (and thus frequent urination)?

Anyone know why it causes lethargy? Suppose to make us feel good no?

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
I think the lethargy is your body working overtime makin' them gainz! (Broscience; I'm no doctor but I've seen one on TV)

Dehydration is hard for me to say, I work construction and drink A LOT of water. I was on this in the late spring into summer and average about 1.5-2 gal in the hot months.

Boonfly8

Boonfly8

Awards
  • Established
We’ll see how i do in this. Last year i didn’t want to start a PH cycle so I got a really good natural test booster (Hunter Test by Roar Ambition) and I remember I was thirsty all the time, and of course along with it frequent urination. I also felt lethargic so I stopped after a week. The two sides went away...

who knows maybe I’m just not cut out for all this hormonal stuff lol.

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Well use this thread to keep track of your progress (and everything you're taking and at what doses and when) for practical application in later use for yourself and possibly others in your situation. You'll appreciate the efforts later and it may make things easier to sort out in the present as well (what works and *maybe* why it does).

Do your research before ingesting anything, not just hormonals. Ask questions, study. Then jump with a parachute on instead of hoping that's what's in your backpack.

mawalega

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
This is an old thread that may help you out @Boonfly8 I suggest reading it over then asking about things you don't understand or have questions on.

Don't take everything for gold as some things do change but it's a good place to start.

Boonfly8

Boonfly8

Awards
  • Established
Just wondering a few things for those who have done a cycle of 1-AD

1. When did you start to feel a difference?
2. How long was your cycle, and if you upped dosage, was the "marginal return > marginal cost"? I know this is a difficult thing to gauge but I guess the core of it is that did you gain a ton more by upping the dosage vs potential hazards?
3. Did you feel you recovered quicker? If so, did you change your workout to increase frequency of some lifts/body parts
4. If you used 1-AD as a cut, did you lose body fat and also gain strength?

thanks!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
go to search function and type in ICON ONE...my log will be on page 3.

all your questions should be answered there.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
1-DHEA does not convert to estrogen or DHT,
Besides the lethargy did you also experience dehydration (and thus frequent urination)?

Anyone know why it causes lethargy? Suppose to make us feel good no?
No, 1-DHEA is not a feel good compound...it's generally known to make people feel pretty run down and it will likely destroy your libido by the end of week 1.

1-DHEA does not convert to DHT - DHT is responsible for all male characteristics...including libido. it also does not convert to estrogen - estrogen is also vital and responsible for more functions than you'd probably guess...and yes, suppressing estrogen too much will make you feel really run down and lethargic.

DO NOT RUN AN ESTROGEN BLOCKER - taking an AI while on 1-DHEA will make you feel TERRIBLE!

if you're going to run the hi-tech 1-DHEA, be sure to get some dermacrine to run along side it to mitigate some of these negative sides - Dermacrine is a topical matrix of DHEA and Pregnenolone, along with 7,8 benzoflavone and resveratrol - this is considered a base for your cycle...it will help keep the lethargy at bay and also help keep the libido going.

Our Icon One products is essentially a 1-DHEA stack with a slightly more aggressive dose of DHEA and Pregnenolone

Humbl3

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Stupid question but is 1DHEA, the same as a 1-Andro conversion product? Sorry for the stupid question

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
yes, 1-DHEA is commonly known as 1-ANDRO

Boonfly8

Boonfly8

Awards
  • Established
Thx for the replies. I’m currently looking at nolva as pct and will start 5 days after cycle. Do you guys know any reputable research chems pls DM me, appreciate a referral. Be better if it was tablets but maybe that’s hard to come by these days. ...if you guys do use research chems do you also buy empty capsules to fill the dose or just squirt it in your mouth?

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Thx for the replies. I’m currently looking at nolva as pct and will start 5 days after cycle. Do you guys know any reputable research chems pls DM me, appreciate a referral. Be better if it was tablets but maybe that’s hard to come by these days. ...if you guys do use research chems do you also buy empty capsules to fill the dose or just squirt it in your mouth?
Nolva starts the day after your last 1-andro dose, playa !!

Boonfly8

Boonfly8

Awards
  • Established
Nolva starts the day after your last 1-andro dose, playa !!
I have seen different opinions on this. Because I'm talking a deaconate ester, it will stay in the system for about 5 days after and some have recommended to take it then.

Boonfly8

Boonfly8

Awards
  • Established
1-DHEA does not convert to estrogen or DHT,

No, 1-DHEA is not a feel good compound...it's generally known to make people feel pretty run down and it will likely destroy your libido by the end of week 1.

1-DHEA does not convert to DHT - DHT is responsible for all male characteristics...including libido. it also does not convert to estrogen - estrogen is also vital and responsible for more functions than you'd probably guess...and yes, suppressing estrogen too much will make you feel really run down and lethargic.

DO NOT RUN AN ESTROGEN BLOCKER - taking an AI while on 1-DHEA will make you feel TERRIBLE!

if you're going to run the hi-tech 1-DHEA, be sure to get some dermacrine to run along side it to mitigate some of these negative sides - Dermacrine is a topical matrix of DHEA and Pregnenolone, along with 7,8 benzoflavone and resveratrol - this is considered a base for your cycle...it will help keep the lethargy at bay and also help keep the libido going.

Our Icon One products is essentially a 1-DHEA stack with a slightly more aggressive dose of DHEA and Pregnenolone
I do have Hi-Tech Arimistane on hand, but will save it for PCT. Thanks for the tip!

mawalega

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I have seen different opinions on this. Because I'm talking a deaconate ester, it will stay in the system for about 5 days after and some have recommended to take it then.
1 andro/1dhea is a DHEA metabolite. Other smarter people will chime in but all orals or stuff that you can legally buy pct starts immediately. You wait with various pinned substances to clear if they have a long half life

Boonfly8

Boonfly8

Awards
  • Established
1 andro/1dhea is a DHEA metabolite. Other smarter people will chime in but all orals or stuff that you can legally buy pct starts immediately. You wait with various pinned substances to clear if they have a long half life
I’d be interested to hear more about this. Deconate ester is not short tho...