John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That’s the whole concept of dc. Blast and cruise (he wasn’t just referring to the drugs). If you run dc you need to blast and cruise with your training. I wish he published it a full plan, but still, if you dig deep you will see those are the parameters for the program. Hit it hard, pull back a little and recover, then hit it hard again.
I wish I knew this when I started in 2007. I was a natural guy then, and blasted my training months upon months, untill i developed a major elbow injury, which took a year to heal. I had to use light weights and even stop training upper body completely, it was so bad. My fault though, i didn't know better. I found out through logic and expirience on my way aka the difficult way, but sooo glad I did!

it was the best I got to without using hormones . I have some pics in 2006, back pics. I was 215 on here and been doing dc a couple months here. After this I hurt myself , lost muscle, and realized how much I missed bodybuilding and did my first competition. so maybe a blessing in disguise, and I learned a valuable lesson.

Attachments

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
True. He doesn’t really go deep into the topic of cruising. How did you do your cruise phase? No failure, no static holds etc..?
dont even do DC on your cruises. go lighter more reps, supersets, whatever have some fun, no failure give your cns a break. When you truley train to full intensity your Central nervous system is shot. It takes a lot less to maintain muscle, maybe 70 %, then to build it.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
dont even do DC on your cruises. go lighter more reps, supersets, whatever have some fun, no failure give your cns a break. When you truley train to full intensity your Central nervous system is shot. It takes a lot less to maintain muscle, maybe 70 %, then to build it.
Absolutely. Will just do a different split or take a complete 10days break. That could be a great super-compensation, I hope.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Absolutely. Will just do a different split or take a complete 10days break. That could be a great super-compensation, I hope.
yup ten days break like on a vacation. im in the gym to train and while ill glance around , i used to avoid eye contact with people , once training starts, this could be a time to socialize, if you don't have another social outlet at the time.

im did a incline smith widowmaker wide gro i learned from Dante, its been years since ive done it,and it seems to give the upper chest nice striations.