Does Tribulus even do anything?

Stanfoo

Awards
"Tribulus is a natural LH (leutenizing hormone) pro-hormone which eventually increases testosterone."

I've seen plenty of posts saying Trib is junk and doesn't actually do anything. Likewise I've seen people report positive effects with Trib (though it might be placebo?).

Anyone here can actually claim Trib works for them (+libido) and isn't placebo?

mbonheur

mbonheur

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes, and there are literally hundreds of threads about this topic already.

Those who report that it is junk, mostly consumed junk or had expectations that were too high.

Quality control and excellent raw materials are absolutely necessary for a natural herb to work. This is much more important than for a synthetically produced Amino acid. That is why some products don't do anything at a higher standardization while others work pretty well. You might be surprised how many companies only buy stuff from China without testing it and putting them in caps to sell. Might work, might not work.

For Tribulus, use Bulgarian tribulus. Sopharmas Tribestan (pharma quality), Vemoherb (very good labtests) are for instance solid choices. And do not expect too much. Slight recovery improvements, strength improvements, a little bit more pumped and better libido is what you get. Some more, some less

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Browse around the supplement/supplement logs section and you should be able to find a lot of info on people using tribulus.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Totally agree. The words test booster are what confuse a lot of people. There will actually be people new to building muscle that read that and think "excellent I don't need to inject test cos I can just take tribulus" and that's where most theories on it being ineffective come from.

liftin4fun

Awards
  • Established
Get blood work to see if works for you. Obviously libido would be a personal feeling. For me I ran it for 4 weeks just to see what it would do. Bloodwork came back just about the exact same as 4 weeks before using it. No effects for me.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Get blood work to see if works for you. Obviously libido would be a personal feeling. For me I ran it for 4 weeks just to see what it would do. Bloodwork came back just about the exact same as 4 weeks before using it. No effects for me.
Did it improve your libido though?

liftin4fun

Awards
  • Established
Yes I did notice an increase personally.

dvw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Quality extract has been shown to increase test levels in men 30%. Some say tribulus alatus is better for performance enhancement.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
At high doses I have heard that it helps with libido.

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Big increase in aggression and libido for me. Never done bloods to check increase in test tho. Like others haven mentioned quality matters. Mine is very good

totalpackage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Big increase in aggression and libido for me. Never done bloods to check increase in test tho. Like others haven mentioned quality matters. Mine is very good
What brand are you using if you don't mind me asking.?

totalpackage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
http://www.nutrabio.com/Products/tribulus_terrestris.htm

Unfortunately looks sold out. Tastes horrible. Get caps
Funny you mentioned this cause THIS is the brand that I was planning on picking up in the
future and I will be going with the caps. I've used other products from Nutrabio and their
stuff is QUALITY! Their protein flavoring could be a little stronger so that could use a little
work but the ingredient profiles and quality are on the $.:)

bb333

Awards
  • Established
I avoid opening a new discussion (otherwise they reproach me ...), I have a question, should the Tribulus be taken on an empty stomach, or on a full stomach?
Some houses recommend on an empty stomach, others after a meal. Where is the truth?
Thanks to those who answer me.

totalpackage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I avoid opening a new discussion (otherwise they reproach me ...), I have a question, should the Tribulus be taken on an empty stomach, or on a full stomach?
Some houses recommend on an empty stomach, others after a meal. Where is the truth?
Thanks to those who answer me.
Good question cause products that have Trib and other herbals in the mix are usually recommended
20-30 min before a meal which is how I've always dosed herbals that I've used but straight Trib products
I've used in the past have had both recommendations either before a meal or after so I'm also curious
which way others feel would be more effective.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I like trib .. is it the best ? ..no

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
PowerHouse555

PowerHouse555

Awards
  • Established
Alot of haters out there...but find a good quality and dose it higher than the bottle recommends. its a go to herb ive used fot years. I always experienced higher recovery and libido on it.

totalpackage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Alot of haters out there...but find a good quality and dose it higher than the bottle recommends. its a go to herb ive used fot years. I always experienced higher recovery and libido on it.
Same results I've gotten and also a bit deeper sleep when using Trib.

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
what brand do you use.

PowerHouse555

PowerHouse555

Awards
  • Established
I've used soooo many over the years. I just started using BRI Nutrition (merica made! GMP) and I'm liking it alot. I used Sopharma years back in college which is touted as the best but for the cost I dont think its worth it.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I just ordered some Tribulyze, we shall see how it goes. SAN Endotest used good trib, and was a great product back in the day....