Does planet fitness have free weights?

Tryingtobe

Awards
I'll be stuck using a planet fitness for 10 days and wanted to know what to expect since I've never been inside of one. Are there free weights to bench and squat with?

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've heard there are but I refuse to find out

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
i dont think they have barbells. each onecould be different though, so idk

make sure you slam a loud ass deadlift on your last day. and record the lunk alarm and their response for us

dds

dds

Awards
  • Established
I would rather have my manhood removed by a rabid chipmunk then go to PF

cedman1

cedman1

Awards
They have dumb bells and smith machines. Also I believe they have flat benches that can incline however I'm not sure about decline.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Went in there once to check it out, as its very cheap for a year. Almost puked with disgust. Awful "look at me" atmosphere. Shiney new equipment, mostly cardio stuff and dumbbells only go up to 60 pounds. They wanted $20 to try it out for a day, when most places will give you a free pass to workout for the day. You'd have to pay me to work out at that place. The atmosphere was like walking back into high school...."No judgement zone"-my ass!.

jmiyamoto

jmiyamoto

Awards
It's dirt cheap, so if you have one near you it might be an affordable option.

The one I know of has dumbbells up to 75lb. Obviously that's still limiting but if you get to the point where you need something more, you can always switch.

The major downside, though, is that they don't have free barbells. If you want to do deadlifts you're out of luck.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's dirt cheap, so if you have one near you it might be an affordable option.

The one I know of has dumbbells up to 75lb. Obviously that's still limiting but if you get to the point where you need something more, you can always switch.

The major downside, though, is that they don't have free barbells. If you want to do deadlifts you're out of luck.

So you have to pay for the barbells?

cedman1

cedman1

Awards
cedman1

cedman1

Awards
jmiyamoto

jmiyamoto

Awards
Yeah, but the Planet Fitness I know is DIRT cheap. Like, $10 monthly. A Gold's gym is $30.

That said, there's a point where you pretty much have to switch. If you're incline pressing 75s, it's time to upgrade.

rj123

Awards
Yeah, but the Planet Fitness I know is DIRT cheap. Like, $10 monthly. A Gold's gym is $30. That said, there's a point where you pretty much have to switch. If you're incline pressing 75s, it's time to upgrade.
idc if I have a planet fitness built into my house I will not workout there can't dead lift can't squat= no

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, but the Planet Fitness I know is DIRT cheap. Like, $10 monthly. A Gold's gym is $30.

That said, there's a point where you pretty much have to switch. If you're incline pressing 75s, it's time to upgrade.
It is dirt cheap here also. I think the prices are the same nationwide. I pay for the entire year in advance though, once I find a good gym.