Does oral DHEA work?

danielvp

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I took the yk11 out midway through the cycle to check and the shedding continued. But it’s really hard to say because I don’t think the shedding would just suddenly stop when you remove the drug causing it. It might take a couple weeks until that side effect reverses. I only left yk11 out for about 2-3 weeks and then added it back in. Maybe it did cause it but my suspicion was that it was dermacrine. I just started an S4, MK677, DHEA cycle about an hour ago so I should know in the next couple weeks whether DHEA does cause me to shed.
Cool, keep me posted! Been following your other thread deciding what compound to use for your cut. Rad-140, 10 mg MK, and dermacrine worked great for my cut, I think yours will go well. I'm also interested in how oral DHEA works for you as a test base. One last thing, what did you think of YK-11? Reports of joint pain have kept me away so far.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Damn some of you guys are making DHEA sound like the most androgenic compound known to man. I sure hope I can handle 50mg a day because I just picked up some caps of that. I’m pretty sure my dermacrine dose during my dose last cycle was around 75-100mg a day. The one issue I had with that was excessive shedding. I was also on yk11 and lgd but I’m pretty sure the dermacrine is what caused me to shed a little more than usual. It wasn’t too crazy though but it definitely concerned me a bit.
50mg 2x a day would be what I’d call a good vitamin dose. Meaning take that daily and never stop. Perfectly fine. I’ve been taking that much since I was about 24.

If you’re trying to actually **** with your hormones you’ll need at least 100mg 2x a day.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Cool, keep me posted! Been following your other thread deciding what compound to use for your cut. Rad-140, 10 mg MK, and dermacrine worked great for my cut, I think yours will go well. I'm also interested in how oral DHEA works for you as a test base. One last thing, what did you think of YK-11? Reports of joint pain have kept me away so far.
I had some joint issues with my fingers. When I’d do something like farmers walks, it’d be really difficult to open my grip afterward for a minute or two. My fingers would be locked up. It also skyrocketed my blood pressure. That caused headaches, heavy breathing, and some other high blood pressure related symptoms. It also had mental side effects like serious aggression and mood swings, but sometimes I would feel elated. It also increased my libido by a lot. Actually it kind of got too high at times to the point of being disctracting. All of this was at only 6mg a day. So needless to say, I’m extremely sensitive to it. The positives I got from it were increased endurance and a mild strength boost. It also made my muscles look a little more pumped all the time. All in all it was more negative than positive and it’s unlikely I’ll ever mess with it again. I’d rather just use a real AAS if I’m gonna deal with all that. I have about seven left so I might just take it as a preworkout here and there during this cycle since it feels like it kicks in immediately for me. But I wouldn’t order more. It’s also not out of the question that I throw some anavar into this cycle for the last six weeks or so.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
50mg 2x a day would be what I’d call a good vitamin dose. Meaning take that daily and never stop. Perfectly fine. I’ve been taking that much since I was about 24.

If you’re trying to actually **** with your hormones you’ll need at least 100mg 2x a day.

You definitely recommend starting off with 50mg twice a day? I took my first dose about two hours ago but maybe I’ll take another tonight when I take more S4. I just watched an interview with Jerry Brainum and he’s been on it for ten years and takes 25mg twice a day.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I’m telling you right here and now dhea does not work as a test base, not oral, not TD, not period. All you’re going to get from it is bloated and sweaty at any real active dose.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’m telling you right here and now dhea does not work as a test base, not oral, not TD, not period. All you’re going to get from it is bloated and sweaty at any real active dose.

So many people have successfully used DHEA as a test base in the past, including myself. This only works for mild cycles like sarms though.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
So many people have successfully used DHEA as a test base in the past, including myself. This only works for mild cycles like sarms though.
Never seen anyone’s blood work show high test while on dermacrine. Only high estrogen. Because dhea is pure estrogen precursor to almost 100% of men. And herbs are bull****.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Now, if you take aromasin with it, yeah, now you’re rockin.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have some aromasin but don’t you think I’d be jumping the gun if I started taking it day one, considering I may be one of those lucky men who don’t experience a rise in estrogen from 100mg of DHEA a day?

And maybe DHEA works as a test base in a way that doesn’t directly raise testosterone. It seems to increase energy, sense of well being, and libido regardless of whether it converts to testosterone and those are the results we’re looking for in a test base anyway.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I’m just going to say, if dermacrine actually worked to get a lot of dhea into your system and more potently than oral, and the herbal AI in it worked, then everyone using it should have extremely high test numbers, similar to using TD test base mg for mg.

But they don’t, in fact they barely keep baseline ANYTHING. Why? Because dermacrine is a placebo or at best, you get a tiny dose of estrogen, and it makes you feel good, because that’s what tiny amounts of estrogen do.

Now taking 200mg dhea orally, those same guys would have horrible high estrogen in the triple digits, skyrocketing blood pressure, headaches, poor erections....

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’m just going to say, if dermacrine actually worked to get a lot of dhea into your system and more potently than oral, and the herbal AI in it worked, then everyone using it should have extremely high test numbers, similar to using TD test base mg for mg.

But they don’t, in fact they barely keep baseline ANYTHING. Why? Because dermacrine is a placebo at best, you get a tiny dose of estrogen, and it makes you feel good, because that’s what tiny amounts of estrogen do.

Now taking 200mg dhea orally, those same guys would have horrible high estrogen in the triple digits, skyrocketing blood pressure, headaches, poor erections....
Well maybe it is placebo. There’s so many conflicting studies on it. I have it some I might as well take it. And if you think it’s essentially nothing more then an estrogen bomb then is that the sole purpose for you taking it? To increase estrogen? And there’s a lot of proof that it does in fact act as a neorosteroid.

danielvp

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I had some joint issues with my fingers. When I’d do something like farmers walks, it’d be really difficult to open my grip afterward for a minute or two. My fingers would be locked up. It also skyrocketed my blood pressure. That caused headaches, heavy breathing, and some other high blood pressure related symptoms. It also had mental side effects like serious aggression and mood swings, but sometimes I would feel elated. It also increased my libido by a lot. Actually it kind of got too high at times to the point of being disctracting. All of this was at only 6mg a day. So needless to say, I’m extremely sensitive to it. The positives I got from it were increased endurance and a mild strength boost. It also made my muscles look a little more pumped all the time. All in all it was more negative than positive and it’s unlikely I’ll ever mess with it again. I’d rather just use a real AAS if I’m gonna deal with all that. I have about seven left so I might just take it as a preworkout here and there during this cycle since it feels like it kicks in immediately for me. But I wouldn’t order more. It’s also not out of the question that I throw some anavar into this cycle for the last six weeks or so.
Sounds like a lot of sides with very little benefit. Think I'll steer clear. Just 10 mg of Rad had me very irritable and bitchy.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Well maybe it is placebo. There’s so many conflicting studies on it. I have it some I might as well take it. And if you think it’s essentially nothing more then an estrogen bomb then is that the sole purpose for you taking it? To increase estrogen? And there’s a lot of proof that it does in fact act as a neorosteroid.
Dhea itself unconverted is a potent steroid, but after just a few minutes it is converted to estrogen. It’s presence in the system causes a hormone cascade lasting the rest of the day.

I actually have low estrogen to start with, very prone to joint pain. Dhea helps lube up the elbows.

danielvp

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So would you think something like 100 mg oral DHEA daily plus 6 mg Aromasin twice per week make an alright test base for a sarm cycle?

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
So would you think something like 100 mg oral DHEA daily plus 6 mg Aromasin twice per week would make an alright test base for a sarm cycle?
Hell no. 300mg daily, 12.5mg twice a week minimum to start and raise it if estrogen gets too high. There’s your test base.

Personally I’d go 12.5mg eod. The dhea WILL convert to estrogen even with the lowest levels of aromatase. It’s great for after you totally crush e2 with letro and aromasin while fighting gyno, so you can have some estrogen back while also getting some test out of the deal to tip the scale the right direction.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’m not gonna start all the way up at 300. I’ll take 100 and adjust accordingly. I’ll try to remember to update this thread in a couple weeks about how its going.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I really don’t think 100mg is enough to feel anything even if you take it all at once. AI or not.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
It’s enough to replicate a youthful amount of serum dhea and that’s all.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
If using an actual test base, you’re using something like 300mg test c a week, which is pure test. This is dhea. Of that 300mg you’re absorbing like 10mg maximum.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
We’re basically talking about what it actually takes to use dhea as a trt dosage. In order to do that, the deck has to be stacked heavily.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sounds like a lot of sides with very little benefit. Think I'll steer clear. Just 10 mg of Rad had me very irritable and bitchy.
Yeah I’ve heard rad can cause mood issues in some people and that it can hurt blood pressure pretty bad. I’m looking forward to the s4 kicking in cause I here it has a bit of a feel good effect to go with it.

danielvp

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah I’ve heard rad can cause mood issues in some people and that it can hurt blood pressure pretty bad. I’m looking forward to the s4 kicking in cause I here it has a bit of a feel good effect to go with it.
BP wasn't an issue for me, but I'm not sure I'd run it again because of mood issues. S4 had a significant feel good effect for me, only negative thing I can say about it is driving at night got kind of sketchy at 50+ mg. In hindsight I probably should've let my eyes adapt to the dark for 5-10 min before getting behind the wheel.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
BP wasn't an issue for me, but I'm not sure I'd run it again because of mood issues. S4 had a significant feel good effect for me, only negative thing I can say about it is driving at night got kind of sketchy at 50+ mg. In hindsight I probably should've let my eyes adapt to the dark for 5-10 min before getting behind the wheel.
So you’d pretty much always eventually adjust to seeing in the dark? That’s tolerable.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
So you’d pretty much always eventually adjust to seeing in the dark? That’s tolerable.
When I took s4, I am pretty sure it took quite a while to adjust to the dark. When I got off s4, vision was restored to normal. No BP issues from it.

danielvp

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, it just took much longer to adjust to the dark. I didn't get any yellow tint at all, or complete night blindness. It only became an issue on two occasions while driving at night in areas without streetlights.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Never seen anyone’s blood work show high test while on dermacrine. Only high estrogen. Because dhea is pure estrogen precursor to almost 100% of men. And herbs are bull****.
you seem to be saying that dermacrine is just dhea...read the label.

and for you guys thinking you will get same results from oral dhea as dermacrine-good luck!!!

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
you seem to be saying that dermacrine is just dhea...read the label.

and for you guys thinking you will get same results from oral dhea as dermacrine-good luck!!!
It is. Dhea and bull**** herbs.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Water, ethyl alcohol (organic), dimethyl isosorbide, ethoxydiglycol, propylene glycol monolaurate, Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA), Trans-resveratrol (98%), 7,8,benzoflavone (98%), tiethanolamine, carbomer, pregnenelone, tetrahydropiperine.

So it’s got a little pregnenolone, great. Just what we need, a prohormone to cortisol.

If you think trans resveratrol and 7,8 benzoflavone are effective AIs then I have a bridge I want to sell you.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Water, ethyl alcohol (organic), dimethyl isosorbide, ethoxydiglycol, propylene glycol monolaurate, Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA), Trans-resveratrol (98%), 7,8,benzoflavone (98%), tiethanolamine, carbomer, pregnenelone, tetrahydropiperine.

So it’s got a little pregnenolone, great. Just what we need, a prohormone to cortisol.

If you think trans resveratrol and 7,8 benzoflavone are effective AIs then I have a bridge I want to sell you.
lol...be careful you don't fall off that bridge. 7,8 benzo/trans res is plenty effective for dhea/preg.

dermacrine has stood the test of time, when iconic picked it up there were many repeat users glad to have it available again.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
lol...be careful you don't fall off that bridge. 7,8 benzo/trans res is plenty effective for dhea/preg.

dermacrine has stood the test of time, when iconic picked it up there were many repeat users glad to have it available again.
Cigarette smoking has also stood the test of time. It’s still not the correct thing to do.

Popularity means nothing. Placebos were popular at one point, too.

Dhea in any form works... to get dhea into your system. Taking a little herbal extract might tip the scale a little (insignificant, in my experiences of quite a few years) to help it end up as test or stay dhea longer, but it’s not going to do the job of a real AI.

It’s estrogen in a bottle.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Cigarette smoking has also stood the test of time. It’s still not the correct thing to do.

Popularity means nothing. Placebos were popular at one point, too.

Dhea in any form works... to get dhea into your system. Taking a little herbal extract might tip the scale a little (insignificant, in my experiences of quite a few years) to help it end up as test or stay dhea longer, but it’s not going to do the job of a real AI.

It’s estrogen in a bottle.
you are a walking encyclopedia of misdirection, lol.

there is little connection between dermacrine and cigarette smoking....unless you have inside info you care to share?

seriously you are all over the place in that post, I suggest a little proofreading.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
you are a walking encyclopedia of misdirection, lol.

there is little connection between dermacrine and cigarette smoking....unless you have inside info you care to share?

seriously you are all over the place in that post, I suggest a little proofreading.
Just because a product is popular for years doesn’t mean a damn thing.

Hmm... reads pretty clearly to me.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
The only reason it’s popular now, is because of people like you (salesmen) whom insist on its efficacy, despite every shred of physical chemical evidence that it’s at best a frill and at worst a detriment to a cycle.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’ve been taking oral DHEA for a couple days now and I was under he expectation that it wouldn’t do anything but I feel a positive impact on my sense of well being. Also, oral DHEA converts to DHEA-S which is active in the body for 10 hours.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I’ve been taking oral DHEA for a couple days now and I was under he expectation that it wouldn’t do anything but I feel a positive impact on my sense of well being. Also, oral DHEA converts to DHEA-S which is active in the body for 10 hours.
Dhea itself is actually quite powerful. Like I keep trying to say. It just has so much interaction with enzymes, and mostly aromatase, that it doesn’t really convert into testosterone very well. At all. Whether oral or in dermacrine, it’s a fact. Dermacrine might work to get MORE dhea into your system, and have it spread out over a longer period, which in itself is nice. But all the flim flammery about TR and 7,8BF being effective at AI is laughably false.

It’s estrogen in a bottle. The first 30 minutes after it’s in your system, it’s as anabolic and reactive as it will ever be after that you get E2, and DHEA-S which while longer lasting is also the excretory form of dhea. That means it’s slated for metabolism out of the body without hope for conversion into anything.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Just because a product is popular for years doesn’t mean a damn thing.

Hmm... reads pretty clearly to me.
you can't be serious, I hope you are just clowning?

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
you can't be serious, I hope you are just clowning?
If you think efficacy is a popularity contest, I am wholeheartedly sorry for you. What is popular is almost never what is actually most effective, and ofttimes wholly ineffective.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I meant to say DHEA-S reaches its peak concentration 10 hours after you take it. And that hormone, whether it converts or not, still serves a purpose. It’s a neurosteroid that makes you feel all around good, can reduce depression, and anxiety. It can help improve cognition and memory. So it might not serve the greatest bodybuilding purpose but it’s still a healthy hormone to have at peak levels.

A huge portion of DHEA also converts to androstenedione, but only a small amount of that will ever reach the end goal of converting to testosterone. But again, androstenedione may serve an androgenic purpose on its own, which could help allow someone on cycle to avoid low test symptoms. And of course, as Old Witch has pointed out, some of it converts to estrogen, but I think he’s blowing that out of proportion because in his own experience basically all of it converts to estrogen. But DHEA is a versatile hormone that responds in vastly different ways depending on the user’s biochemistry.

Lastly, DHEA converts to testosterone in women 100% of the time. None of it turns into estrogen. I find that interesting so I just wanted to point that out.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I meant to say DHEA-S reaches its peak concentration 10 hours after you take it. And that hormone, whether it converts or not, still serves a purpose. It’s a neurosteroid that makes you feel all around good, can reduce depression, and anxiety. It can help improve cognition and memory. So it might not serve the greatest bodybuilding purpose but it’s still a healthy hormone to have at peak levels.

A huge portion of DHEA also converts to androstenedione, but only a small amount of that will ever reach the end goal of converting to testosterone. But again, androstenedione may serve an androgenic purpose on its own, which could help allow someone on cycle to avoid low test symptoms. And of course, as Old Witch has pointed out, some of it converts to estrogen, but I think he’s blowing that out of proportion because in his own experience basically all of it converts to estrogen. But DHEA is a versatile hormone that responds in vastly different ways depending on the user’s biochemistry.

Lastly, DHEA converts to testosterone in women 100% of the time. None of it turns into estrogen. I find that interesting so I just wanted to point that out.
Yes yes yes yes yes. Except, I’m not exaggerating the estrogenic effect, more than just myself consider it to be pure estrogen in a bottle. However that definitely doesn’t mean it’s without benefit. Estrogen makes you feel good as long as it’s still in range for you. It lubes the joints, adds some strength and stamina (really? Yes really.)

And yes for women it’s basically test in a pill. Which is awesome because that means women have it practically made while using it.

Lots of the women I’ve met using it say it’s better than much more expensive orals and it is fantastic stacked with anavar or winstrol (some use all three) or primo (women using primo!? Yes, some do)

Of course, for women, those doses are tiny tiny amounts. Unless they’re gung ho about using gear and don’t mind a little Adam’s apple, clitenis, square jaw and brow, and deep voice. I certainly don’t mind a woman who has those things, they usually **** like animals, which is the best interaction a man and woman can have. It’s primal instinct.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
If you think efficacy is a popularity contest, I am wholeheartedly sorry for you. What is popular is almost never what is actually most effective, and ofttimes wholly ineffective.
since you are a noobie here let me explain something to you...here at AM we have no problem calling out weak formulas and ineffective products....up to this point you are the 1st I have heard bad mouthing dermacrine.

dermacrine was here long before you and will still be here long after you are gone, lol. have a nice day, i'm through here.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
since you are a noobie here let me explain something to you...here at AM we have no problem calling out weak formulas and ineffective products....up to this point you are the 1st I have heard bad mouthing dermacrine.

dermacrine was here long before you and will still be here long after you are gone, lol. have a nice day, i'm through here.
Well, that’s complete bull****. But hey, talk big all you want Mr. Salesman.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I see complete nonsense posted here all the time, especially in the Supplement forum, and bolstered by know-nothings and salesmen like yourself.

“Oh watch out you could get low E2 from arimistane.”

Never laughed harder. People have no idea what’s going on in their own bodies, and it is sad that people like you disinform others and bolster it.

I’ll be here fighting nonsense, especially nonsense like dermacrine, for years. Until the nonsense stops.

Oral dhea is cheaper, does the same thing, can’t rub off on your wife, can’t rub off on your children, doesn’t contain chemical propellants, and always absorbs.

No TD can touch that. With or without goofy and BUNK herbal extracts.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
By the by for anyone interested in a fact, this is by far and away the only place online where dermacrine is even really mentioned often at all, let alone popular. Except maybe Evolutionary. And you know what high esteem they hold... pff!

Try telling anyone on the biggest hardcore bodybuilding “secret group” on Facebook (which I won’t name) you’re on some dermacrine, they’ll laugh your ass straight off Facebook and call you a moron.