Does Fascia Stretching Cause Muscle Growth?

ucimigrate

Awards
  • Established
Anthony Ellis in his "Gaining Mass Program"

He said that fascia stretching helps to gain muscle. He says that once being overweight makes muscle growth easier, because the fascia is already stretched.

Is there any truth in that?

Will fascia stretching help muscle growth?

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hany Rambod sure belives so with his FST-7 protocol. Dante also believed in it with his fascia stretching technique for his Doggcrapp Training. I havent seen any studies myself, but maybe someone else has.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You'll find a lot of anecdotal evidence of people swearing by it, but I haven't seen any studies on it. However, that doesn't mean that it doesn't work or that studies don't exist. A lot of the online articles I see point to studies that were looking at muscle stretching and gains from that. So to stretch the entire muscle and claim any benefit comes from the fascia being stretched seems like a leap to me.

Like most things, I'd give it a shot and if it works for you, great.

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
In Muscular Development, several years ago, someone wrote in to ask Hany Rombod a question. He was about the whole fascia stretching and said that muscle fascia actually has about the tensile strength of steel, and a workout shouldn’t be able to stretch it. Hany said that stretching the fascia was the original idea of his training system, but later research showed the fascia wasn’t stretching, but the workout system still produces results, so it’s likely a different mechanism. I never followed up on any of it, and I’ve never tried to research, I just remember that article as I had read so much good stuff about FST7 around that time.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
In Muscular Development, several years ago, someone wrote in to ask Hany Rombod a question. He was about the whole fascia stretching and said that muscle fascia actually has about the tensile strength of steel, and a workout shouldn’t be able to stretch it. Hany said that stretching the fascia was the original idea of his training system, but later research showed the fascia wasn’t stretching, but the workout system still produces results, so it’s likely a different mechanism. I never followed up on any of it, and I’ve never tried to research, I just remember that article as I had read so much good stuff about FST7 around that time.
He's still claiming the fascia stretching benefit on his FST-7 page though lol.