Does creatine make you look smooth?

Independent

Independent

Awards
I've been using creatine mono for about 3 weeks now and I feel like I'm not looking as defined. I'm about 13% bf and had very visible abs and vascularity. Now I feel like I smoothed out. Is it the water retention from the creatine? Would switching to magnesium chelate reduce the water retention?

Thanks.

tenorguy33

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I've been using creatine mono for about 3 weeks now and I feel like I'm not looking as defined. I'm about 13% bf and had very visible abs and vascularity. Now I feel like I smoothed out. Is it the water retention from the creatine? Would switching to magnesium chelate reduce the water retention?

Thanks.
You’ll get many different opinions on this but I have the same problem with creatine mono and know others that do too. Doesn’t matter if it’s creapure or generic. I have had much better luck with MCC and HCL and don’t get the crazy bloating from them. SNS has both at a great price. I would give them a try and see how your body responds.

Independent

Independent

Awards
You’ll get many different opinions on this but I have the same problem with creatine mono and know others that do too. Doesn’t matter if it’s creapure or generic. I have had much better luck with MCC and HCL and don’t get the crazy bloating from them. SNS has both at a great price. I would give them a try and see how your body responds.
Both SNS versions are the only ones that don't leave me looking and feeling like a bloated cow.
I will order the system mcc and try it out.

Thanks!!

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yep. Great advice above and the Sns should treat you very well.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
It shouldn't, it should cause you to store more water in the muscle, not under the skin. But, I can't speak for someone else, if your loosing definition since take it I would assume there's only 2 possible reasons. The creatine is making you hold water in the wrong places or you have been eating worse and put some fat on. If it's not the latter I would guess it has to be the creatine 🤷

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
It shouldn't, it should cause you to store more water in the muscle, not under the skin. But, I can't speak for someone else, if your loosing definition since take it I would assume there's only 2 possible reasons. The creatine is making you hold water in the wrong places or you have been eating worse and put some fat on. If it's not the latter I would guess it has to be the creatine 🤷
I've experienced bloating with creatine myself.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
3 weeks, you’re most likely ‘saturated’….Drop the dose down to 2-3mg per day…or maybe even just training days
i would take every day, but i agree with dropping the dose down to 3gm.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
For the past year I've been taking 7-10gm 5-6x week intra workout. Mainly because I got these weird 8gm scoops that came with my creatine and glutamine. I assume it's working and I don't see any harm in taking a little extra sooo..... Ya that's what I do lol

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I'm too lazy to level off the scoop so whatever I scoop out goes in the shaker cup

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
For the past year I've been taking 7-10gm 5-6x week intra workout. Mainly because I got these weird 8gm scoops that came with my creatine and glutamine. I assume it's working and I don't see any harm in taking a little extra sooo..... Ya that's what I do lol
i don't recall anyone ever calling you normal, lol.... :p

Reactions: Nac
Independent

Independent

Awards
So I got my mcc, since I've been on mono for some time now, is one dose per day of the mcc enough? The container says take 2 doses per day.

Thanks.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I'm sorry, each dose is 2.5g.
2.5g a day should be enough but I personally would use a extra 2.5 in my intra workout mainly because I always have taken a little more then the recommendation for mono, and I like it intra workout, and it's cheap so that's what I do lol

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
And I just did a quick Google search and 2.5g a day is what they recommend so ya, 1 scoop is plenty according to the literature

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
So I got my mcc, since I've been on mono for some time now, is one dose per day of the mcc enough? The container says take 2 doses per day.

Thanks.
I think you'll be very pleased with Magnesium Creatine Chelate.
Regular Creatine Monohydrate makes me smooth out and hold water terribly; Magnesium Creatine Chelate doesn't.

Because MCC absorbs better, 2.5 grams per day is fine but its also fine to go to 5 grams per day as well if you want to. If you do go to the full 5 grams per day, just space the dose out - 2.5 grams twice per day due to the magnesium content.

Independent

Independent

Awards
I think you'll be very pleased with Magnesium Creatine Chelate.
Regular Creatine Monohydrate makes me smooth out and hold water terribly; Magnesium Creatine Chelate doesn't.

Because MCC absorbs better, 2.5 grams per day is fine but its also fine to go to 5 grams per day as well if you want to. If you do go to the full 5 grams per day, just space the dose out - 2.5 grams twice per day due to the magnesium content.
Cool. I'll just run it once a day pre-workout. I can definitely say the mono made my strength go up. I have been on mtest for about 5 weeks and have only another few days left, not sure if it's doing anything. Let's see how I feel when I stop it.