Does anyone have experience with DIM?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Does it help with estrogen? E2 in particular.
Dim can raise or lower e2. Depends on the person individual chemistry. I would look for reasons why your levels are low before supplementing with any thing. You need to be evaluate the levels first with the proper testing.

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
I have used DIM and I3C for years. I've never heard of it raising E2 levels.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I have seen it in clinical cases and verified through lab testing.

H

hitest

Awards
I have used I3C for years and like it. I tried DIM more recently and felt like crap (bad fatigue) and stopped it right away. I was thinking about trying it again to see if that was a fluke.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I have used I3C for years and like it. I tried DIM more recently and felt like crap (bad fatigue) and stopped it right away. I was thinking about trying it again to see if that was a fluke.
When evaluating hormone pathways, If certain testing shows that dim is needed then I will recommended. If there is methylation issues then I will address them first before suggesting DIM. People really need to understand the complexity of the biochemistry involved before engaging in certain supplementation.

CpenDoc7

CpenDoc7

Awards
Bioavailability is the issue....maybe bypass the stomach? Bulk DIM powder+ Capsule + Lecithin in an ultrasonic machine? Absorb in the bowl maybe?

CpenDoc7

CpenDoc7

Awards
Be Careful with IC3.....Although most studies of the effects on I3C and related compounds on carcinogenesis in animal models have demonstrated chemopreventive effects (1-10), there have been reports of apparent tumor promotion by I3C in certain systems and at relatively high doses (21-23). A single report of tumor promotion by DIM, in an aflatoxin B1-initiated liver tumor model in trout, also has been published (24). A unifying feature of the studies showing tumor promotion by either I3C or DIM is the use of high doses of these supplements, and these doses appear to be associated with toxicity (25). These reports of possible tumor promoting activity for these indole derivatives is noteworthy, however the high doses employed in those studies and the associated toxicity both differ from the dosing regimens we have used and from our observations on tolerability and adverse effects reported here and in our current multiple dose study.

CpenDoc7

CpenDoc7

Awards
The microencapsulated formulation of DIM (BioResponse DIM®) contains a minimum of 25% of diindolylmethane. Our 150 mg capsules contain a minimum of 37.5 mg of diindolylmethane. Generic DIM, although it may contain a higher percentage of diindolylmethane, has been shown in studies to be very poorly absorbed.

Please refer to the graph above, which shows the absorption results of a comparison of absorbable BioResponse DIM versus generic DIM. Note that this study compares 300 mg of BioResponse DIM, providing 75 mg diindolylmethane, to a generic DIM capsule, providing 100 mg diindolylmethane.

The BioResponse DIM® showed substantially higher absorption values than the generic DIM, even though 25% less diindolylmethane was delivered with this dose of BioResponse DIM. Microencapsulated BioResponse DIM displays much higher absorption, while the generic DIM shows little absorption at all.

Recently, a number of knock-off manufacturers are attempting to position products offering a higher milligram amount of DIM in formulations without addressing the need for an absorption-enhancing microencapsulated formulation. Simply increasing the milligrams of DIM does not result in any predictable absorption. Our formulation is the only DIM formulation shown to shift the estrogen metabolite ratio in clinical studies.

Bioresponse DIM® Complex is the only formulation with proven absorption. No studies have shown that black pepper works as an additive to generic DIM to improve absorption. BR-DIM's patented, microencapsulated diindolylmethane is the only DIM proven to achieve significantly higher blood-levels.

CpenDoc7

CpenDoc7

Awards
The above company has researched liposomal DIM and found it in blood serum levels. Maybe switch products or if your adventurous DIY.