Does anyone have a protein shake "mid sleep"?

Em3

Awards
  • First Up Vote
As the title suggests. I feel like this sounds crazy and ridiculous, but does anyone actually set an alarm 4 hours into their sleep and have a protein shake beside that they chug and go back to sleep?

Gota max that MPS! haha

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
No reason to unless you’re an open bodybuilder trying to push 8000 calories in and it’s impossible during the day so you need to get up midnight to force a meal. You actually WANT to let your digestive system relax a bit during the night and give it a break. If you had all your macros in during the day... absolutely no reason to get calories in the middle of tue night.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
As the title suggests. I feel like this sounds crazy and ridiculous, but does anyone actually set an alarm 4 hours into their sleep and have a protein shake beside that they chug and go back to sleep?

Gota max that MPS! haha
just sleep with an IV amino drip ez

AnaBrolicHK

Awards
Apparently BCAAs at night lead to heart enlargement, so I've been trying to allow a few hours before my last shake and sleepytime

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Apparently BCAAs at night lead to heart enlargement, so I've been trying to allow a few hours before my last shake and sleepytime
there's some pretty scary bcaa mice studies TBH. I stay away from them for the most part

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have known a few hard gainers that did this, it will help if you train hard. Might be worth a try.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I have known a few hard gainers that did this, it will help if you train hard. Might be worth a try.
I've recommended things like this for guys who say they just Can't gain weight.
For most it wouldn't be desirable, but for that few .....

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
You’d be better off devoting that time to sleep or worrying about maximizing benefits of improving other areas that need work when you actually are awake.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
You’d be better off devoting that time to sleep or worrying about maximizing benefits of improving other areas that need work when you actually are awake.
^^^ This
Sleeping is more important than waking up and trying to slam down a shake.
Why not maximize MPS in your normal meals throughout the day with proper protein allocation? That will triumph this idea of waking up to make a protein shake