Doctors Need To Change The Way They Help Patients

Prince

Prince

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
DOCTORS NEED TO CHANGE THE WAY THEY HELP PATIENTS

I’m going to trigger a lot of people here, but it needs to be said. The way modern medicine and doctors are treating patients today is wrong. Now, I’m going to preface this by saying that not all doctors are bad. That would be an unfair statement to make by painting everyone with the same brush. But there is a considerable number of doctors who (in my opinion) have no idea what they are talking about if it doesn’t involve a prescription or medication. Think I’m wrong? I’d love to debate it. But I also come with research (hard to trump that).

READ: https://www.ironmaglabs.com/2020/doctors-need-to-change-the-way-they-help-patients/

Attachments

TheVenom

TheVenom

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I really don't think very many people here, or much of anywhere else would disagree with this

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It is completely unreasonable for a physician to teach the general public nutrition. Your insurance won't pay for a physician to give u more than 2 minutes nutrition or exercise advice. IMO the physician comes out of school wanting to give good care until his company and/or insurance grind him down into a machine that does what they want to be business productive.

Dietitians, who are nutrition experts, are few and far between bc the pay sucks and they have a mountain of loans from their education. Why go into a field like that?

Insurance companies won't pay for dietician consults and most Americans would never pay out of pocket for their service.

The general public don't know how to communicate with their physicians and have no clue how rigorous their physician's job is. This article sucked.

TheVenom

TheVenom

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I really don't think very many people here, or much of anywhere else would disagree with this
It seems the title and this post were more so clickbait. I didn't want to gratify that tactic with a view of the actual article, but from the other responses there appears to be much more than what it said in the post. Just to clarify, my first response was to the post, not the hardly-related article it links.

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
The biggest problem is multigenerational plebs that don’t take their health into their own hands. They would rather have a pill to take then hear education. Some traditionally trained MDs/DOs actually preach nutrition/supplements more than you would realize but they don’t have the time to do much. Insurance and institutions have them by the balls as far as their pay, production metrics, reimbursements, etc.

To prove my original point, if people wanted to take control of their health they could go see a functional med doc, ND’s, etc. they might pay cash for it tho.

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I dont know what a functional med doc is. But it sounds like id not trust a single word of BS puked from their mouth to sell me a supplement.