Unanswered Doctor just put me on TRT

benjammin5150

Awards
I'm 43, my total test was 209, free test was 5.5. My doctor prescribed 120mg a week test C. Along with anastrazole. I fear losing my hair, but I'm looking forward to feeling better than I have in a long time. I have trouble sleeping and feel lethargic mostly. Is hair loss common with a dose this size? Can I expect to see/feel big changes in energy levels and results in the gym? I lift 4x a week and eat pretty good.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I'm 43, my total test was 209, free test was 5.5. My doctor prescribed 120mg a week test C. Along with anastrazole. I fear losing my hair, but I'm looking forward to feeling better than I have in a long time. I have trouble sleeping and feel lethargic mostly. Is hair loss common with a dose this size? Can I expect to see/feel big changes in energy levels and results in the gym? I lift 4x a week and eat pretty good.
You will feel alot better. My total test and free test was lower than that and my doc put me on 200mg per week. I been on for 38 weeks now

TMloc

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You will feel alot better. My total test and free test was lower than that and my doc put me on 200mg per week. I been on for 38 weeks now
Hey DC have you notice any benefits gym wise like strength,body composition etc so far( assuming your only on the trt dose)?

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Hey DC have you notice any benefits gym wise like strength,body composition etc so far( assuming your only on the trt dose)?
Yes, strength has gone up, dropping some fat. And I have added some extra's here and there. But have never adjusted TRT dose. I keep TRT the same, even when I do add extra's. But even just TRT has made great changes.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Don’t be stressed about it. You will feel soooo much better. Don’t stress it out about the hair either. Unless you’re prone to it you’ll be fine. When I got on trt it’s basically like I was born again.

TMloc

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
@DemntedCowboy Sounds great IAM bout ready to make the leap pretty soon myself as I just turned 41 last time I got bloods a few months back total T was at 667 but to be honest I kinda sick of the whole pcting thing and just stay feeling good without the hassle..But I'll see thoe..

benjammin5150

Awards
Don’t be stressed about it. You will feel soooo much better. Don’t stress it out about the hair either. Unless you’re prone to it you’ll be fine. When I got on trt it’s basically like I was born again.
Cool man, thanks.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
You still on 200 mg? Dr. just bumped my dosage to 200 mg. You need an AI on that dosage?

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
You still on 200 mg? Dr. just bumped my dosage to 200 mg. You need an AI on that dosage?
Yes, and I didnt need anything until I changed docs. Originally, they said I was good on bloodwork.

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Hairloss is entirely genetic; if you aren’t prone to it, you’ll have no issues. If you are prone to it, higher dosages could accelerate the process, but I personally don’t think 120mg is that high of a dose. Splitting injections twice a week would be better overall though, and be even less likely to cause hair loss due to less dramatic spikes in levels.

benjammin5150

Awards
Hairloss is entirely genetic; if you aren’t prone to it, you’ll have no issues. If you are prone to it, higher dosages could accelerate the process, but I personally don’t think 120mg is that high of a dose. Splitting injections twice a week would be better overall though, and be even less likely to cause hair loss due to less dramatic spikes in levels.
Yea I am gonna split it into two.

benjammin5150

Awards
Is the dose I'm taking enough to shut me down?

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Is the dose I'm taking enough to shut me down?
Did your doctor explain you the concept of TRT?? Of course you will be completly shut down from producing testosterone by your own it’s pretty obvious. Your body is already not producing enough test thus the reason he puts you on trt. When someone needs to go on trt he’s on it for the rest of his life.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
@DemntedCowboy Sounds great IAM bout ready to make the leap pretty soon myself as I just turned 41 last time I got bloods a few months back total T was at 667 but to be honest I kinda sick of the whole pcting thing and just stay feeling good without the hassle..But I'll see thoe..
667 isnt really all that bad