Do you think organic is bull**** and why so many weirdos in natural food stores?

LoveCompeting

LoveCompeting

Awards
I love clean food and making my own meals. On the other hand I see tons of organic this, organic that. Which got me thinking.........

Is Organic any better than non-organic?

And also, when I stop at a natural foods store It always seems those stores attract the weirdest old ladies.

Your thoughts?

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Thoughts...

Why does someone have to be a weirdo because they shop at a natural food store?
Stereotype much.

Are you still battling the devil about keto?
I think your mirror image is why you have an eating disorder and continue to plaque this subsection with ridiculous threads that have no significant meaning at all besides your own opinion.

Then again you tell us that your buddy gained 50 pounds because he has no clue of portion control and you blame it on carbs.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Just outta curiosity, and I'm being 100% serious. Not rude.

Do you have anyone to talk to in real life? Or is this the only place you have to ask questions?

It seems like you literally post about everything that crosses your mind and it don't seem too healthy to care so much about so many irrelevant things.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I love clean food and making my own meals. On the other hand I see tons of organic this, organic that. Which got me thinking.........

And also, when I stop at a natural foods store It always seems those stores attract the weirdest old ladies.

Your thoughts?
Organic doesn't have a lot of what one would consider unhealthy additives.

• Steroids
  • Antibiotics
  • Chemical Additives (Pesticides)
"Foods claiming to be organic must be free of artificial food additives, and are often processed with fewer artificial methods, materials and conditions, such as chemical ripening, food irradiation, and genetically modified ingredients. Pesticides are allowed as long as they are not synthetic.

Organic foods may have higher nutritional value than conventional food, according to some research. The reason: In the absence of pesticides and fertilizers, plants boost their production of the phytochemicals (vitamins and antioxidants) that strengthen their resistance to bugs and weeds."

Organic Foods: What You Need to Know
The Benefits and Basics of Organic Food and How to Keep It Affordable
https://www.helpguide.org/articles/healthy-eating/organic-foods.htm

These things are there to make the chicken appear plumper, bigger, healthier in unhealthy conditions and 'disease free' because they are in unhealthy cramped and stressful conditions.

If you want fresh, go to the farm. Local growers for veggies and meat.
We are particular on the food we eat and it helps us stay less resistant to antibiotics.
That's my uneducated guess on the topic.

Regarding the statement about attracting 'weirdest old ladies', order online if it bothers you?
I hope this helps, but I was bored.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

Your thoughts?
True story, I was chatting to a lovely old lady the other day, she was telling me that she’d been in a natural food store earlier and had seen a weirdo in the corner ranting about carbs being the devil whilst frantically entering macros in his phone and jacking himself off over an organic carrot.......Thought she must have been losing her mind but now I’m thinking it might be true......

Pinggolfee96

Awards
  • Established
]I love clean food [/B]and making my own meals. On the other hand I see tons of organic this, organic that. Which got me thinking.........

Your thoughts?
1. do you clean your food with dish soap or something to make them this so called "clean"???

and "better" in what aspect/way?? wtf does "better" mean......way too general of a question

LoveCompeting

LoveCompeting

Awards
Just outta curiosity, and I'm being 100% serious. Not rude.

Do you have anyone to talk to in real life? Or is this the only place you have to ask questions?

It seems like you literally post about everything that crosses your mind and it don't seem too healthy to care so much about so many irrelevant things.
Plenty of people to talk to in real life, I just choose to come here to ask about my fitness/bodybuilding related questions.

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Justhere4comm’s right

+

With most foods, organic variants are more nutritious in that they contain more micronutrients and phytonutrients. With some tho, organic variants actually tend to be less nutritious.
I’ve come across lists before but haven’t saved them. A quick google search should do the trick.

Why are there a lot of old ladies relatively? A lot of them care a lot about their health and want to live longer. Younger folks are less concerned on average.
It’s probably also a trend in their demographic so a lot of them have heard that eating organic’s better for you.

A lot of organic foods also taste a little bit nicer

Imo for most people eating organic isn’t worth the additional cost.
Organic eggs are that bit nicer so I get them but aside from that I don’t bother

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
With most foods, organic variants are more nutritious in that they contain more micronutrients and phytonutrients. With some tho, organic variants actually tend to be less nutritious.
I’ve come across lists before but haven’t saved them. A quick google search should do the trick.

Why are there a lot of old ladies relatively? A lot of them care a lot about their health and want to live longer. Younger folks are less concerned on average.
It’s probably also a trend in their demographic so a lot of them have heard that eating organic’s better for you.