Do you support the preservation of liberty and the fight to STOP Obamacare?

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
If you don't know, several states have filed suit against the federal govt on the unconstitutionality of Obamacare and specifically the mandate to buy insurance or face a tax penalty. The judge in Florida DENIED the fed motion to dismiss the suit. Virginia is having its case heard this week. Below is an online petition showing support to stop Obamacare before it destroys any more of our way of life. If you value liberty and your personal freedom, sign the petition to show your support. Pass it along as well.

Grassfire

noot

noot

Awards
  • Established
The consitution doesn't say anything about healthcare.

Noting specifically this,
"Specifically, I believe that government-mandated requirements for individuals to obtain health insurance are unconstitutional"

I mean, the statement that they provide does not appear to be editable, so it appears in order to sign the petition I would have to be agreeing with something, and I have checked, is not in the consitution. And the fact that it adds "I believe," does not help either, the site is just putting words in to my mouth...And apparently is telling me what to believe. Why not allow me to use my so-called "individual liberty", and not write my opinions for me.

Doesn't help that the petition is sponsored by "LibertyAction.org", who's slogan apparently is "restoring the culture by advancing religious freedom".

:D

JCunningham

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I value liberty. Which means I am not tolerant to anyone against me or my countries well being.. Liberals, different religions, women(jk), illegals, and foreign ties..

Long live God's country.. Lets get rid of this lying muck who calls himself a good Chirstian man..

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
The consitution doesn't say anything about healthcare.

Noting specifically this,
"Specifically, I believe that government-mandated requirements for individuals to obtain health insurance are unconstitutional"

I mean, the statement that they provide does not appear to be editable, so it appears in order to sign the petition I would have to be agreeing with something, and I have checked, is not in the consitution. And the fact that it adds "I believe," does not help either, the site is just putting words in to my mouth...And apparently is telling me what to believe. Why not allow me to use my so-called "individual liberty", and not write my opinions for me.

Doesn't help that the petition is sponsored by "LibertyAction.org", who's slogan apparently is "restoring the culture by advancing religious freedom".

:D
Your post doesn't make a lot of sense. The stance in the petition is that mandating citizens to buy healthcare is unconstitutional. Then you say you looked, and the constitution doesn't say anything about healthcare. And you are correct, the constitution doesn't say anything about healthcare. So if you agree that is true, what part don't you agree with? The part where the petition says that the constitution doesn't say anything about healthcare?

I'm just confused about your response.

noot

noot

Awards
  • Established
Your post doesn't make a lot of sense. The stance in the petition is that mandating citizens to buy healthcare is unconstitutional. Then you say you looked, and the constitution doesn't say anything about healthcare. And you are correct, the constitution doesn't say anything about healthcare. So if you agree that is true, what part don't you agree with? The part where the petition says that the constitution doesn't say anything about healthcare?

I'm just confused about your response.
I guess I was just implying that the constitution makes no mention about health care at all, not for it or against it and never has. Why is always labeled as "unconsitutional" when it doesn't even have anything to do with the constitution in the first place. No one goes around claiming that it is "unconstitutional" for marijuana being illegal, and no one made any connection between the consitution and the legalization of alcohol.

The petition makes it sound that the constitution is the only group of laws that are in effect, when that is not the case. Abortion is mostly illegal, yet no one is saying that it is somehow "unconstitutional", same with things like marijuana and the like.

I am just confused why people believe that, say healthcare does pass, that it will somehow be embed in the constitution.

I mean, what if we do have ObamaCare for the next 50+ years. At what point do people expect it to no longer be "unconstitutional".

What I am confused about is the literal connection between healthcare and the constitution, when neither has anything to do with each other. I don't really here people that are pro-ObamaCare claim that it says somewhere in the constitution that we are entitled to healthcare.

Must be a liberal..
Not a liberal, just aware that not everything done by the Congress is automatically added to the constitution.

joedf

Awards
I don't think it's refering to the healthcare as being the problem. It's the fact that you have to purchase insurance from a private company...or get penalized.

noot

noot

Awards
  • Established
I don't think it's refering to the healthcare as being the problem. It's the fact that you have to purchase insurance from a private company...or get penalized.
Don't we already have that with auto insurance. I don't really hear people complaining that paying for insurance rather than out of pocket for repairs is really a burden on their part.

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Don't we already have that with auto insurance. I don't really hear people complaining that paying for insurance rather than out of pocket for repairs is really a burden on their part.
Well played sir...well played.

joedf

Awards
You have a choice if you drive a car or not. Most people don't have a say if they get sick. Of course lifestyle has some influence, but not always.

Plus auto insurance companies compete for your business. I get thank you cards in the mail all the time. If I don't like their service or the way they treat me, I can always switch companies. Rates get to high? Switch companies. I give them the heads up when I send them a new client and they even send me a gift card.

Health insurance goes up? Tough Titty. Rude operators? Tough. Health care is a business but for some reason they're not held accountable for good customer service like EVERY other company is.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
No sir its not the same thing. If you don't have a car, you are NOT mandated to have auto insurance. And if you don't have a car, and therefore don't have auto insurance, the state doesn't penalize you with an extra TAX. In the Obamacare plan, if you don't have health insurance, the federal government and the IRS will hit you with an unfair penalty TAX. Never before has the federal government MANDATED an individual buy any product or service and if you didn't you would be hit with an additional penalty TAX. Therein lies the argument for the Unconstitutionality of the Obamacare bill ad it has passed.

Now there are plenty of other confiscatory taxes built into the bill that are just absurd. Have you heard of th

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
Sorry. The 1099 provision says as a business, if you do more than $600 in business with ANY and ALL other companies you have to report it and send them a 1099. What the hell is the point of that other than tax the hell out of businesses. There are plenty of other ridiculous things in the bill, including cutting $500BILlION fro Medicare over the next 10 years. Oh wait, I thought the libs said that the Republicans want to take your Medicare. And for the record, Susan Collins and Olympia Snow don't count as Republicans.

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Purchasing a car is a "choice" that carries certain risks, getting sick in many cases is not a choice, yet still brings along the same "risk" factors. People are getting caught up in words like "choice", when they should be focusing on the word "risk".

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I guess I was just implying that the constitution makes no mention about health care at all, not for it or against it and never has. Why is always labeled as "unconsitutional" when it doesn't even have anything to do with the constitution in the first place. No one goes around claiming that it is "unconstitutional" for marijuana being illegal, and no one made any connection between the consitution and the legalization of alcohol.

The petition makes it sound that the constitution is the only group of laws that are in effect, when that is not the case. Abortion is mostly illegal, yet no one is saying that it is somehow "unconstitutional", same with things like marijuana and the like.

I am just confused why people believe that, say healthcare does pass, that it will somehow be embed in the constitution.

I mean, what if we do have ObamaCare for the next 50+ years. At what point do people expect it to no longer be "unconstitutional".

What I am confused about is the literal connection between healthcare and the constitution, when neither has anything to do with each other. I don't really here people that are pro-ObamaCare claim that it says somewhere in the constitution that we are entitled to healthcare.

Not a liberal, just aware that not everything done by the Congress is automatically added to the constitution.
Actually you are complete wrong here.

If you read the minutes of the constitution and the federalist papers you will realize that the Constitution is intended to be a discreet set of rules the federal government can govern over, and all other intentions are to be relegated to the state level. Therefore the overstepping of the federal government is encroaching upon states governmental rights... ie... unconstitutional.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Purchasing a car is a "choice" that carries certain risks, getting sick in many cases is not a choice, yet still brings along the same "risk" factors. People are getting caught up in words like "choice", when they should be focusing on the word "risk".
Ah, but even look inward to AM... look at the choices people are making that puts their own health at risk.

I don't think a company should be forced to cover someone who chose to ingest **** like Boladrol.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh, and online petitions are shown to be useless. If you want to be part of a movement against this abomination, join Campaign 4 Liberty (Ron Pauls Org).

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ah, but even look inward to AM... look at the choices people are making that puts their own health at risk.

I don't think a company should be forced to cover someone who chose to ingest **** like Boladrol.
I agree with you. It's personal to me, not because I take a liberal approach to every issue, but because I have a father who worked 30 years at a securities firm, did everything the right way and was laid off along with many others. Now what does that have to do with health care? He also happens to be a diabetic. At an age where he should be enjoying his life, he finds himself struggling between paying medication costs and actually enjoying his life, it's tough for a son to watch his father go through that. I understand that some people would prefer handouts over hard work. My father was never that type of person. I remember him working three jobs during my childhood, while putting himself through school. I think someone like him deserves a break and some much needed help for doing things the right way.

noot

noot

Awards
  • Established
What's difference between ObamaCare and National Health Care, like Canada and many European countries always brag about. Aren't they suppose to be the same?

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
They are supposed to be siamilar. But that doesn't mean its good for the country. There is a reason wealthy Europeans and canadians come here for medical treatment.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I value liberty. Which means I am not tolerant to anyone against me or my countries well being.. Liberals, different religions, women(jk), illegals, and foreign ties..

Long live God's country.. Lets get rid of this lying muck who calls himself a good Chirstian man..
I dun' 'tink liberty means what choo 'tink it means, senor.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

This thread like this comment is making me laugh:icon_lol:

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
1) Health-care needs to be reformed. - Bureaucrats need to form a commission made up of health-care professionals and businessmen to suggest PRIVATE SECTOR health coverage.

2) There needs to be legislation immediately passed to allow insurance companies to sell health insurance plans across state lines.

3) We need to stop paying for ER visits for illegal immigrants. If illegal immigrants are found (ab)using the ER, they must be deported. If they're suffering life-threatening illnesses that need immediate attention, they must be treated AND THEN deported. (I DO have a soul, contrary to popular belief)