Do you regret that you didnt stay natty?

Zariph

Awards
So as title says - do you regret that you didnt stay natty? why or why not?

YoungBodyBuil

Banned
Awards
Not really, if you cycle intelligently there's not many sides.

YoungBodyBuil

Banned
Awards
Just dont over do it and pct correctly and you should be fine.

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yes, you just cannot duplicate what you look like muscular wise on cycle vs off cycle. So mentally you never want to get off cycle. Which a lot of people just at your local gym never get off, cycle year round. Feeling like you are 18 libido wise is fun and just seeing your body change daily. I will say supplements have come a long way and plenty of stuff to make natural fun, lol. But no comparison. Talking to most guys at the gym quote "I'm only taking 500mg test with some dbol so I'm not really on anything"

YoungBodyBuil

Banned
Awards
Yes, you just cannot duplicate what you look like muscular wise on cycle vs off cycle. So mentally you never want to get off cycle. Which a lot of people just at your local gym never get off, cycle year round. Feeling like you are 18 libido wise is fun and just seeing your body change daily. I will say supplements have come a long way and plenty of stuff to make natural fun, lol. But no comparison. Talking to most guys at the gym quote "I'm only taking 500mg test with some dbol so I'm not really on anything"
That's the only thing i'd say too.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
nah, i have more fun this way. it makes me happy and feel good (not even the cycles themselves but just in general) and gives me motivation to push teh envelope.

netflixNchill

netflixNchill

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I agree, as long as you don't jump on too early. You need to have muscle first, maturing muscle, before steroids enhance you. Otherwise you'll just have a glycogen bloated muscle look and then lose everything afterwards, while still having all the possible repercussions of someone who has built a solid foundation

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I still enjoy,just giving reality to beginners.

YoungBodyBuil

Banned
Awards
I was 168 at 9.7% BF (Using DEXA as my college has a D1 wrestling program so their equipment is top level. And they treat us pretty darned well) Which is a pretty solid foundation and looking back i still dont think that's anywhere near my natty potential. Now im about 182 at 11.4% bf so no complaints. (3 years post starting cycles started early at 21 no flame please :D )

bashar

bashar

Awards
  • Established
No! Provided you know what your doing and why.

Kiwigear

Kiwigear

Banned
Awards
168lb me natty vs 281lb me juiced.. Nah no regrets lol

NewAgeMayan

Awards
Yeah, sometimes I wish Id never touched supps at all.

dave39

dave39

Awards
  • Established
I regret it because my cell tech is so expensive but now its gone until next GNC trip so I'm natty again, for now

UncleSarm

UncleSarm

Awards
  • Established
Never looked back from the moment I started taking creatine and protein powder. Anything else was just another chemical. Natty or non-natty is an arbitrary line that doesn't mean much. It's like sex. Losing your virginity is a big deal. Doing kinky stuff, not so much. But fun as hell.

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I love peds and love every minute I'm on them. I have literally doubled my starting weight and I feel like a million bucks every day. No regrets.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Started when I was 21, going on and off orals (typically designers stacked on DHEA analogues) for 3.5 years or so. Just turned 26 and it's been well over a year I haven't done a real cycle. Occasionally some DHEA or preg, occasionally some RC exem and caber to keep things where I want them (and I truly mean occasionally with all of those) and usually 10k iu Vit D a day. Longjack is something great too.

So I'm basically unenhanced, except I am enhanced because I take supplements so I can live and lift better. There is what's legal and illegal, and competing in a tested or untested federation in a sport, but the concept of natty is very arbitrary and a bit silly to me. I took time off because I needed to learn how to train properly and learn better technique so I could make real progress, and I wanted to get a little healthier. I am stronger and bigger than ever. But I'm certain there will be a time when I supplement again.

You get one life; you should try to live it well in whatever way seems best to you. Be happy, and be a positive influence on the people and world around you. Help others and do epic ****, I say.

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Don't regret giving away my natural card, mainly because I still claim natty ;)

unreal89

unreal89

Awards
Well for me it was drugs and alcy and replaced that void with cycling which if done right is healthy so im happy with my choice cause when i weighed 140 at 6"2 i was not very healthy

Toren

Toren

Awards
  • Established
I don't regret my decisions to chemically enhance. I love being on. I also miss the days of being natty and making gains based solely on food, weights and a ravenous desire to look and feel better.

One thing I would like to add is that no matter how informed we are, how prepared we are, or how conscious we are of our cycling, sometimes unfortunate things happen that are beyond our control. Sometime our bodies just say enough is enough. I think as long as we are always aware of that factor, we can pursue our passion with an open mind.

Even with no regrets, I sometimes wish I had always stayed natural. It is what is is though. Cheers to getting jacked.......or staying natty!

Ratiocinative

Awards
I regret not learning how to lift properly before I did. I think the first time I tried a cycle I was 24 or 25. Barely made it to a 300 lb bench and 400 lb deadlift. Off cycle I'd usually get stuck around a 250 bench and 375 deadlift. I actually gave up for a few years because it seemed impossible.

This past year I finally learned how to properly lift and benched 345 @ 185 lbs and deadlifted 475. Currently trying to lose around 20 lbs or so, but after that I'm gonna do a real bulking cycle. 400/600 or bust.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I regret not learning how to lift properly before I did. I think the first time I tried a cycle I was 24 or 25. Barely made it to a 300 lb bench and 400 lb deadlift. Off cycle I'd usually get stuck around a 250 bench and 375 deadlift. I actually gave up for a few years because it seemed impossible.

This past year I finally learned how to properly lift and benched 345 @ 185 lbs and deadlifted 475. Currently trying to lose around 20 lbs or so, but after that I'm gonna do a real bulking cycle. 400/600 or bust.
That's what I had to do. All of my biggest numbers now have happened since I stopped taking stuff, because I learned much better technique and how to progress my strength training vs just relying on the drugs to make me stronger. Because they'll only take you to that next level, but if you can't get stronger without them you're probably not going to get super far with them and no consistent programming.

Joedoubledose

Joedoubledose

Awards
No regrets at all , I started at 21 myself . If it makes you happy and you're educated about it then the world is your oyster .

jmero2

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was 29 when I first cycled, I was about 165 and was powerlifting at that time, I cycled on and off for 10 years or so getting into body building. I went up to 185 ish and very strong. I stopped about 5 years ago and lost about 10 pounds. I'm natty now at 45 but I'm getting the itch to start throwing the weights around again..

Kiwigear

Kiwigear

Banned
Awards
I love peds and love every minute I'm on them. I have literally doubled my starting weight and I feel like a million bucks every day. No regrets.
Haha bro me too.. From poping those dbols at the beginning of a blast to pinning mls of oils.. Love every fukn minute of it

Alpha1a

Alpha1a

Awards
  • Established
Haha bro me too.. From poping those dbols at the beginning of a blast to pinning mls of oils.. Love every fukn minute of it
I don't consider it non-natural I consider it SUPERNATURAL lol unfortunately I haven't made the jump yet but it's coming

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I would be happy staying on some of the top natural supps year round but they are so expensive, a real cycle is pennies in comparison. Not talking about the over priced andros, real gear. So if I got all the natural supps for free I would be content, but like I said price comparison I save money going on cycle and of course results are superior. But again would be happy if supps didn't break the bank.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I don't consider it non-natural I consider it SUPERNATURAL lol unfortunately I haven't made the jump yet but it's coming
Don't feel like you have to rush it; that's a very personal decision. I have made the best gains of my life since stopping; your genetic ceiling is usually higher than most people realize. Well, then there's the other half that still think Phil Heath is natty of course.

Learn all you can before you use your first hormone and get bloods at least as often as you have your car's oil changed. Remember that it's always gonna be a marathon, and (unless you need to be a top-level competitor) less is more - stay healthy!

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Don't feel like you have to rush it; that's a very personal decision. I have made the best gains of my life since stopping; your genetic ceiling is usually higher than most people realize. Well, then there's the other half that still think Phil Heath is natty of course.

Learn all you can before you use your first hormone and get bloods at least as often as you have your car's oil changed. Remember that it's always gonna be a marathon, and (unless you need to be a top-level competitor) less is more - stay healthy!
Great post, and made me wonder something.

So just to understand, you no longer use any PEDs?

Just going by your wording it made me think, if you are making better gains natural now, do you think the gains made by hormones added to your base and actually enhanced your ability to make gains naturally after?

Does that make sense?

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar

Just going by your wording it made me think, if you are making better gains natural now, do you think the gains made by hormones added to your base and actually enhanced your ability to make gains naturally after?

Does that make sense?
It definitely proves that using hormones makes it harder to gain afterwards isn't exactly true.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Does that make sense?
Correct, no cycles. I just realized I had multiple training partners just as strong at lighter bodyweights that were natural. If they could do it, why not me? I benched my very first raw 315 last week, after 7 years of lifting (I have deadlifter's arms). It had everything to do with learning proper technique, to eat and sleep seriously, and do what you need to get better, not just what you feel like doing. Things I should have learned before cycling.

I don't think the previous cycles increase natural potential, but we know from studies most males on drugs are still far from their fat-free mass drug-free limits. So even without cycling anymore, I could still improve a ton. To that end, I've never taken more than 8 days straight off from training, so I'm sure I've retained some cycle gains that helped me shortcut some work.

I'll also point out that I'm concerned with numbers and strength training, but for a physique competitor the decision becomes much blurrier because anabolics can have profound physique transformations simply not attainable without them. Muscle biopsies from geared and natty athletes have showed pronounced differences in muscle composition.

My opinions here are explicitly my own, by the way - not CL's.

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
I just pinned the first pin of my Sust Cutting cycle if that answers your question? I honestly don't regret it. The pinning can be a hassle sometimes, but it's amazing if you know what you are doing. Bulking, recomp, cutting..everything is just better with AAS. The pct and the off period just sucks.

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I like cycles for cutting or summer. Usually only in swim trunks so try to look my best, lol. Other months when working ok without the juice.

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Correct, no cycles. I just realized I had multiple training partners just as strong at lighter bodyweights that were natural. If they could do it, why not me? I benched my very first raw 315 last week, after 7 years of lifting (I have deadlifter's arms). It had everything to do with learning proper technique, to eat and sleep seriously, and do what you need to get better, not just what you feel like doing. Things I should have learned before cycling.

I don't think the previous cycles increase natural potential, but we know from studies most males on drugs are still far from their fat-free mass drug-free limits. So even without cycling anymore, I could still improve a ton. To that end, I've never taken more than 8 days straight off from training, so I'm sure I've retained some cycle gains that helped me shortcut some work.

I'll also point out that I'm concerned with numbers and strength training, but for a physique competitor the decision becomes much blurrier because anabolics can have profound physique transformations simply not attainable without them. Muscle biopsies from geared and natty athletes have showed pronounced differences in muscle composition.

My opinions here are explicitly my own, by the way - not CL's.
Appreciate the detailed response man.

Kiwigear

Kiwigear

Banned
Awards
I couldn't imagine coming off.. Blast cruise was best decision I ever made, from a gains and well being stand point

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I couldn't imagine coming off.. Blast cruise was best decision I ever made, from a gains and well being stand point
Hell it's hard enough just coming back down to cruise

Prepare mentally for 2 weeks, and taper down over a month LOL

Kiwigear

Kiwigear

Banned
Awards
Lol I never taper bro.. Just hit my usual 300mg test and start counting the weeks till its blast off again lol

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Nope.

Edit: I guess a better, more honest response would be "Not Yet" :D Plus, I just use weak-a$$ 2-Step DHEAs and SARMs.

DTA

DTA

Awards
Not at all. I feel better, look better. Pros far outweigh the cons for me. Key words "for me". I've actually talked others out of coming to the dark side

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
Not sure how unnatty ya'll consider PH use or if you're only talking real gear, but I feel like I've pretty much met my potential by 33 so the results from the 1 cycle I've ran and the final I'm planning gave me that push to go from impressive to more impressive lol so yeah I don't regret. I've also taken a ton of precautions with my OCT and PCT so that I can keep my innards healthy while my outters grow!

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
For what it's worth, testosterone and its synthetic derivatives generally increase dopamine levels, which explains the sense of well-being and drive. But little known to many, that slow drip of added dopamine also sends a cascade of events that actually lead to you becoming a smarter person, more willing to learn and enjoy doing so. This has been the obvious case in my life. I read more, do more, take on harder challenges at work and remember considerably more of what I learn nowadays. It's been a slow progression but it would almost seem as if my IQ jumped 5-10 points over time. No joke.

It also turns out that many steroids are good for mental performance gains too! If you ever try a high dose of test/mast/EQ you will understand what I mean very quickly.

I'm not encouraging people to take AAS but I do think that when the general population learns about the secret benefits of some of these steroids (used appropriately), they will be less critical of them and perhaps willing to try them out. Mention steroids now in an athletic conversation outside of bodybuilding and you're a scumbag but mention them as a life enhancer that will bring out "limitless-like" mental fortitude and the tone changes significantly.

The guys I know that take lots are generally people who think for themselves and work hard and quite honestly provide most of the productivity in our local communities. I wouldn't be surprised if our economy/GDP took a 1-2% hit if steroids were to disappear tomorrow.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
And just to add to that, my threshold for productivity personally has increased dramatically and I'm already 30 years old.

I'm seriously contemplating starting up a franchise, going back to school for my Masters, continue training as a competing bodybuilder all while maintaining a normal, 8-5 job and of course maintaining my home.

I would have never considered such things before I picked up AAS and competitive bodybuilding. The correlation doesn't equal causation, but I am certain AAS has a critical role in thinking this way.

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So as title says - do you regret that you didnt stay natty? why or why not?
Well, in terms of now I'm 33, and think it'd be cool to see the difference in progress if I had stayed clean.
Then yea.

BUT!

then I wouldn't of had the chance to run all the cool gear that was legally available to me on the market.

I mean, stacks with pheraplex and superdrol were everywhere, and no more than $50 for a 4-5 week. Usually if you shopped around, you'd find those compounds solo or stacked, for $30 on average.

Zariph

Awards
wow nice to see all who tunes in! seems like almost all of you guys didnt regret anything, and i see you have some good reasons why you enjoy the non natty road