Do you ever feel like you have that One muscle group that lags....

Borashi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Honestly. For me. It's my chest. I do incline, decline bench sets, I do seated chest press, yet my chest is lagging behind the rest of my muscle groups. I feel like that no matter what I do my chest won't grow. It's frustrating... Anyone else have this problem?
IMG_20180916_1803105672_1_2800x2800.jpg

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
Yeah
I stopped training everything else

Now I go into the gym, I'll find a 15RM and keep doing it until I cannot get 8 reps. I super set it with an opposing muscle group. I train it again when it's not sore.

Eating my face off... If my chest and biceps don't grow after this then I'm not sure what will make them grow :)
I know it's not respected when people only train certain body parts, but these are the areas that need attention

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
I think maybe the body has a certain capacity to grow and if you're training your whole body it will only grow the areas it wants to. So if you stop training them the adaptations can only come from the areas you train

BroScience to the max, but it seems to make sense and is a worthwhile experiment for a month

Borashi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You could be right. I'll give you an example since I started to lift again in June after a long layoff, my triceps, my traps and shoulders have blew up which I'm very happy with. Maybe as dedicated as we are to this, we will never be satisfied with our progress.

Borashi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I enjoy compound lifts to maximize growth, muscle development.

Dobs27

Dobs27

Awards
Samesies. Biceps are so frustrating for me.
So ****ing frustrating.

It doesn't matter what I do. They're strong but wont grow

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I think maybe the body has a certain capacity to grow and if you're training your whole body it will only grow the areas it wants to. So if you stop training them the adaptations can only come from the areas you train

BroScience to the max, but it seems to make sense and is a worthwhile experiment for a month
You may not be as wrong as you think. I believe there’s a study showing a group got better gains in bench press strength by decreasing leg training volume vs. a group that maintained leg volume.