Do Natural Anabolics cause addiction???

mrhankey87

mrhankey87

Awards
  • Established
Hey there guys - I'm asking this because when taking Anabeta Elite I was feeling invincible and horny all the time, a week after I stopped I noticed muscles not being as hard as before, loss in libido and overall a more quiet mood, making me crave going back to it. Is this normal?

JCR97

JCR97

Awards
It sounds like you cut it off really quickly maybe you should of eased off it in the last couple days... I'm not sure how many capsules you have but let's say you take 3 a day and on your last day you got 3 only take 1 on the next 3 days... I'm sure your body will come back to normal it's probably in shock.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey there guys - I'm asking this because when taking Anabeta Elite I was feeling invincible and horny all the time, a week after I stopped I noticed muscles not being as hard as before, loss in libido and overall a more quiet mood, making me crave going back to it. Is this normal?
That's not really addiction at all IMO. You felt good and noticed benefits when using it that went away when you stopped, making you want to go back on. The way I think about it, if I go from driving a Lamborghini to driving a Pinto, I'm probably going to "crave" the Lambo again. Does that mean I'm actually addicted to the Lamborghini? I say no, as that seems to trivialize actual addiction, and would make just about anything good/enjoyable "addicting."

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
^^^ Agreed. haha I don't think it's an addiction I think you just like the results and don't want to go back to not taking ABE. I love ABE so I know exactly how you feel. Just take a break and get back on it in a few weeks:)

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
It's definitely normal to enjoy the feeling you get from some products, but as others have stated I wouldn't call it an addiction. I would follow the label, cycle off, and run it again if you're enjoying the benefits from it.

As with any anabolic, natural or exogenous, you need to stay grounded and have a high level of self control. It's very easy to get carried away and end up causing more harm than good.

51FTY

Awards
  • Established
What are the benefits for a woman taking this? Is it mostly just for men? Never heard of this product?

JPARKS42

Awards
  • Established
This is not addiction you are speaking of. Addiction is far more complex than what you are experiencing.

I can see and understand where you are coming from, it's never fun getting off of a good product that is working well for you but it is in your best interest. Your body will begin to develop a tolerance to many ingredients and you will begin to experience diminishing benefits. Also not all ingredients are good or intended to be run for long periods of time for numerous health reasons.

Were you running ABE solo?

To help fill the void and bring back the extra nice pump/fullness, try running some other natty products. xgels/Tr1umph would be a good one for strength/pump/ fullness.
Or perhaps running one of the numerous Epicatechin products on the market, I can speak on behalf of BLR Follidrone 2, Ep1c Unleashed and CEL Epi-plex and say they gave me a substantial increase in pump and fullness.
Massmax xt has been getting great some good reviews and would be interesting to try.
Olympus Labs has a 50% off Sale on their own site right now so you could go check that out and nutriverse is also having a big valentine's day sale with 15-20% off some of their most popular companies so now is a good time to score big for cheap.

To summarize what I'm trying to say here (sorry I got sidetracked)
No, its not an addiction you are experiencing.
I'd recommend trying another product for at least 4 weeks before getting back on ABE, if you went with triumph, xgels or an epicatechin product (or anything synergistic with ABE) you could run it for 4 then get back on the ABE and see how you like the results of them together. Most people say take 4-8 weeks off a product before running it again, with 4 being g the standard minimum.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
As a recovering addict, no, that's not really addiction.

210LBS

Awards
  • Established
I know a guy who was hooked on the epicatechin and laxogenin. It was an ugly scene. Lost all his money, his family, and his dignity. I don't know if he's even still alive. Last I heard he was giving hand jobs on the street corner for a hit of epicatechin. My advice - don't even get started. I've seen it ruin too many lives.

Joe12

Joe12

Awards
We are all pill junkies on this site...

On a real note, addiction is something that forms from progression, and as a desire grows we long for it, the longlining then turns into a bondage or a felling of inescapability. This can happen to anything from supplements to watching TV, all rooted strongly in escapism. BUT, what you have described, this is not a developed addiction, just a recognition of good gains, and the desire to get them back.

Now if you start slingin' crack on the corner to pay for that ABE, you might need an intervention.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
We are all pill junkies on this site...

On a real note, addiction is something that forms from progression, and as a desire grows we long for it, the longlining then turns into a bondage or a felling of inescapability. This can happen to anything from supplements to watching TV, all rooted strongly in escapism. BUT, what you have described, this is not a developed addiction, just a recognition of good gains, and the desire to get them back.

Now if you start slingin' crack on the corner to pay for that ABE, you might need an intervention.
I'm still hesitant to consider anything and everything to be potentially legitimately addicting, at least from a practical perspective, and especially in regards to any legislation and/or classification of substances.

sespress

Awards
That's not really addiction at all IMO. You felt good and noticed benefits when using it that went away when you stopped, making you want to go back on. The way I think about it, if I go from driving a Lamborghini to driving a Pinto, I'm probably going to "crave" the Lambo again. Does that mean I'm actually addicted to the Lamborghini? I say no, as that seems to trivialize actual addiction, and would make just about anything good/enjoyable "addicting."
Well you are kind of mentally addicted. Sort of. But not as much as a illegal drug like meth or cocaine or whatnot. But physical addiction I think it's fairly similar - you can shut down hard enough that some guys apparently don't go back , or not fully, so your dependant on TRT or something. Again sort of. I don't think this really is the same thing as a hardcore physical addiction with the chance for say seizure wth things like alcohol and benzo's.

So you could argue it, but like you said if you like rollercoasters how addicted to adrenaline can you really get?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well you are kind of mentally addicted. Sort of. But not as much as a illegal drug like meth or cocaine or whatnot. But physical addiction I think it's fairly similar - you can shut down hard enough that some guys apparently don't go back , or not fully, so your dependant on TRT or something. Again sort of. I don't think this really is the same thing as a hardcore physical addiction with the chance for say seizure wth things like alcohol and benzo's.

So you could argue it, but like you said if you like rollercoasters how addicted to adrenaline can you really get?
Shutdown from steroids and PHs is a bit different than natural supplements; as you mentioned, they can shut you down, and steroids are considered drugs. My point is that if you consider everything to be "addicting," from Oreos to video games, coffee, etc, it just diminishes the label/classification. From a practical perspective, focused largely around legislation, classifying everything that people like and want to do as addicting simply doesn't make any sense. I suppose that from a philosophical perspective, or just for the sake of discussion, you could say that you could become dependent or reliant on a lot of things, but I think there's a difference between saying stay away from addictive substances (cocaine, painkillers, etc) and take care to not become dependent or reliant on something (video games, cookies, etc).

Joe12

Joe12

Awards
Shutdown from steroids and PHs is a bit different than natural supplements; as you mentioned, they can shut you down, and steroids are considered drugs. My point is that if you consider everything to be "addicting," from Oreos to video games, coffee, etc, it just diminishes the label/classification. From a practical perspective, focused largely around legislation, classifying everything that people like and want to do as addicting simply doesn't make any sense. I suppose that from a philosophical perspective, or just for the sake of discussion, you could say that you could become dependent or reliant on a lot of things, but I think there's a difference between saying stay away from addictive substances (cocaine, painkillers, etc) and take care to not become dependent or reliant on something (video games, cookies, etc).
From a classification stand point, I understand what you are saying. Although you can find addictive language even within the DSM for repeated patterns (video games, cookies...). But, for dialog sake, I think we could distinguish between physiological, and psychological motives, and the degree of bodily harm. In this case, ABE is not within the realm physiological, but being a substance (although natural) it can slid into the arena of psychological IMO. I love black and white clear cut classifications myself. However, when the conversation dips into the area of motives, it shift as much as each persons desire shift.... Its like trying to nail Jell-O to the wall.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You can become addicted to basically anything, it's psychological. Addiction is pretty fun (see: interesting) reading.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
From a classification stand point, I understand what you are saying. Although you can find addictive language even within the DSM for repeated patterns (video games, cookies...). But, for dialog sake, I think we could distinguish between physiological, and psychological motives, and the degree of bodily harm. In this case, ABE is not within the realm physiological, but being a substance (although natural) it can slid into the arena of psychological IMO. I love black and white clear cut classifications myself. However, when the conversation dips into the area of motives, it shift as much as each persons desire shift.... Its like trying to nail Jell-O to the wall.
I see what you're saying too, but it starts getting tricky when you consider the applications and implications of considering everything addicting when addiction is considered a disease; is insurance going to start paying for people to go into treatment for everything? I find that society today is too eager to put a diagnosis or label on everything, and often prescribe something for it. I'm getting a little off topic here, but I think it's somewhat related.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You can become addicted to basically anything, it's psychological. Addiction is pretty fun (see: interesting) reading.
There's also physiological addiction; and I find it imperative to distinguish between the two. The last thing this industry needs is people claiming they're addicted to these natty supplements IMO.

sespress

Awards
No I totally agree with you . I think we're saying the same thing. You can argue any point, it was very philosophical though, lol. Yeah I know they have 12 s step programs for those who play too many video games, so... Yeah. Depends on the person and in general not even comparible to illegals or PH/AAS.

Joe12

Joe12

Awards
I see what you're saying too, but it starts getting tricky when you consider the applications and implications of considering everything addicting when addiction is considered a disease; is insurance going to start paying for people to go into treatment for everything? I find that society today is too eager to put a diagnosis or label on everything, and often prescribe something for it. I'm getting a little off topic here, but I think it's somewhat related.
You nailed it with that one, many, not all see addiction as a disease... But it is interesting to watch the trends. A newly found disease will make its way into the DSM. Once there, the psychologist can say you have such-and-such, then insurance is bound to cover your new RX to fix the disease. Its a money game, that keeps the pharmaceutical companies in business. Problem is, once a person gets a label, they assume "Ah ha, that's what's wrong with me" as opposed to saying, I have no self control to stop doing _______. Now I'm going off topic, but it still relates. Good convo BTW.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
There's also physiological addiction; and I find it imperative to distinguish between the two. The last thing this industry needs is people claiming they're addicted to these natty supplements IMO.
Agreed, i could have added that but was running out the door to the gym :p

sespress

Awards
Yeah you knows if I read the thread right and saw Natural I would have replied differently (face+palm)

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I would have to agree with this. Caffeine is natural and can cause addiction. Basic usually don't.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I would have to agree with this. Caffeine is natural and can cause addiction. Basic usually don't.
No, you can't become addicted to ABE and you can't become addicted to caffeine. There is a difference between dependence and addiction. You might really like doing something, but that is not addiction. You might develop a tolerance to something and have withdrawal symptoms when you stop which is dependence, but still not addiction.

Reactions: mw1
mrhankey87

mrhankey87

Awards
  • Established
OP here, did not want to create a massive discussion on addiction/dependence so sorry for that guys :) I understand my original question was a bit naive, I guess I just didn't phrase it appropriately.

Thanks for your inputs anyways!

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
OP here, did not want to create a massive discussion on addiction/dependence so sorry for that guys :) I understand my original question was a bit naive, I guess I just didn't phrase it appropriately.

Thanks for your inputs anyways!
How long did you end up taking it for?

mrhankey87

mrhankey87

Awards
  • Established
How long did you end up taking it for?
Classic 8 weeks - it could be I stopped ABE+X-Gels+Tr1umph abruptly after the 8 weeks (I had a vacation trip), next time I'll probably fade it out a bit more smoothly