DMZ + OL Dermatrest Log - 2nd Cycle

blongo804

blongo804

Awards
  • Established
Random Thoughts:

Day off today and very likely, unfortunately tomorrow. Back still feels like garbage, but it is already feeling better. I was too lazy to use my TENS unit last night but tonight I definitely am. Hoping it helps.

Wanted to note PCT thoughts.. I'm about 2.5 weeks in at this point and feel fantastic. This cycle went much better than my last one (DMZ solo) with really the biggest change, on cycle, being the Dermatrest. My PCT stack is also vastly different as I only used nolva 20/20/10/10 in PCT last time. Now I'm doing the same nolva protocol + Sustain Alpha + CEL M-Test + a little extra KSM-66 from Nutrabio's Alpha EAA (about 1g KSM-66 daily).

Not to get too deep in details but my nuts are definitely working again. I actually wake up with morning wood from time to time lol.

That's all I have for today. Really hoping I can get back to training because things have been going really well.

blongo804

blongo804

Awards
  • Established
Small Update:

Well the back is definitely feeling better! I finally sucked it up and used the TENS unit last night and man that thing felt weird but good. I can finally bend again and have little to no pain. There's still one spot in my lower/left side of back that feels "pinched", but it's something I've kind of been working around for some time now. I can't afford to see a doctor right now because my insurance sucks, but I'm saving my pennies now.

I was back in the gym today and made sure to keep it light. I did full body work with light dumbbells and machines only. Got a NASTY pump as if I'm still on cycle. Honestly not much has changed from getting off DMZ/Dermatrest. I'm really vascular (for me) still, muscle fullness is great, etc. Gym aggression may have decreased a touch, but I also blame that on not being back to full swing yet. I have a feeling I put on some quality gains this cycle as compared to my last one. :)

If I go tomorrow, it'll be more or less the same as today, just with different movements. Next week I'm planning an easy 3-4 day split to continue easing myself into full swing, not touching a barbell, then hoping to go full steam ahead on 4/15.

blongo804

blongo804

Awards
  • Established
Update:

Not a whole lot to report, but I have some thoughts..

Had a pretty heavy dinner on Friday just to pack some food in after what felt like a week of light eating. It's funny how my daily calories that once felt crazy to eat now just feel "okay". Funny enough, I weighed less on Saturday morning, after the big meal, compared to Friday morning. I've been noticing that after meals like this I end up feeling really flat/depleted the next morning. Odd, but intriguing.

My back is feeling really good. I've had two 30 minute sessions with the TENS unit, and I'm feeling great paired with that and proper rest.

Today was my bench day but instead I did "detached" smith machine floor press (it doesn't go straight up and down - allows for some front/back movement but is still a smith machine) to save my back. Light weight, high reps, good overall volume. Finished the day with some chest/tricep isolations and 10 minutes of inclined treadmill farmer carries (20lb db in each hand) which were shockingly fun. I haven't done cardio in a LONG time but this variation kept it fun/unique. The forearm pump was real!

I'm going to keep it easy the rest of the week then ease back into the heavy weight next week. Can't wait!! Weigh in will be posted Wednesday.

blongo804

blongo804

Awards
  • Established
Small Update:

More of the same strategy today, as planned.

Light weight, high rep back/bicep mostly "pull" session today with some extra forearm and trap isolations. I included more of the incline treadmill farmer carry's with 20lb dumbbells for 10 minutes again. It's not 10 minutes straight holding the dumbbells, but most of the 10 minutes is carrying them. This really feels amazing and I can only imagine the conditioning it adds. This keeps my abs, traps, and forearms working the entire time, plus quads/calves due to the steep incline. Really fun stuff. I'm going to keep eating the same macros and include 3-4 of these sessions on the treadmill a week to see how it affects my physique.

I'm feeling much better than last week and just about like my "pre-vacation" self. Next week I'm aiming for heavy-ish bench, heavy-ish front squats, medium weight overhead press, and going to attempt light sumo deadlifts to see how they feel. I know, I know, sumo deadlifts.. Shame me.. lol

blongo804

blongo804

Awards
  • Established
Small Update:

Weight this morning right after waking up: 207.2

Really happy with this weigh in and my ability to hold a good chunk of the new weight I've gained from this cycle. I'm going to measure my waist tomorrow morning to see what changes may have occurred there, but this weigh in has me at 13.6lbs heavier than I was on 1/14/19. While this isn't my "peak" weight, I'm happy to be holding steady here for now.

All it takes to hold this is ~450g carbs, ~87g fat, and ~280g protein + 1 or 2 "heavier" cheat meals on the weekend. I have it down to a science. With the added cardio I've been doing, I'm really curious to see my weight by next week.

Besides the number, I'm actually feeling pretty flat lately in my stomach area where I was feeling pretty bloated by the end of the cycle.

Things really seem to be going well. I actually bought another bottle of M-Test to continue my run with that too for a total of 8 weeks.

Attachments

blongo804

blongo804

Awards
  • Established
Small Update:

Measured my waist today - 34 3/4 inches. I have a post in this thread from 1/22 where I said my waist is usually around 33 3/4 inches, so either I'm a little bloated still or this is my new waist, almost 14lbs heavier lol. I can see the difference a bit based on some "before" pictures, but the strength/size gains I've made are very much worth this 1" of most likely water in the waistline.

Today I killed some shoulders, more traps, and more incline treadmill farmer carries. Was going to do legs, but I have something hurting in the right quad. I'll be pulling the TENS unit back out tonight I guess.

I did do some quick barbell overhead press, working up to 155 for a single after a few 135 singles, only 35lbs off my one rep max (190lbs) and I was hardly trying. I just wanted to feel the move again as it's been almost 3 weeks since I've done OHP. I was happy with that for sure.

blongo804

blongo804

Awards
  • Established
Small Update:

I took my last dose of nolva on Saturday as that marks 4 weeks on it (20/20/10/10). I'm feeling pretty good. Libido feels a bit down, but I'm hoping this next month with M-Test brings it back up - just started my 2nd bottle today.

I'll probably discontinue this log tomorrow, and include my final weigh-in for this thread and my overall cycle thoughts (spoiler: they're good).

Yesterday and today's training went well. My back feels 100% besides the small nagging pain that's been there for a long time.. eventually I'll get that looked at..

Rather than doing too too much high volume bench, I instead chose to do mostly singles just to feel the heavier weight again. I did 3x225, 1x240, 2x240, 1x240 and finished with 4x225. Prior to this cycle, just ONE 225lb rep was hard enough.

Today I restarted including pendlay rows into my rotation. Man these are tough but feel really good. I used to be pretty solid at these back when I was much weaker, doing working sets of around 185+lbs, but today I did a measly 3x8x155 (maybe 3x10? don't have my log book).

The pump in the gym isn't quite as awesome while I was on, but I still get a good enough pump and nice vascularity. My biceps each have a new horizontal vein going across the vertical one, so that's pretty neat lol.

I'll be back tomorrow for the final update. Attached is a little preview of what's coming for a 3rd round of research in a few months.. Maybe with a little td trest ace on top.. :)

blongo804

blongo804

Awards
  • Established
Final Update:

Weigh-in:

Weight on 1/14/19 = 193.6
Peak weight gained = 21.8lbs on 3/5 (215.4)
Total weight gained after cycle and PCT = 12lbs

So this is it for the thread on my part. I'm totally open to any questions, comments, etc, but I don't have much more to say regarding the cycle or PCT.

I'm kind of surprised by today's weigh-in, but at the same time, I kind of expected this since introducing cardio and higher rep isolation sets back into my training. I'm eating exactly the same as I was while 215lbs.

Overall cycle thoughts - short and sweet - this was awesome. I made insane gains, going from barely hitting a 225lb single on bench to basically killing a 275lb single. Squat went from a shaky 305lbs to 350lbs with room in the tank. Standing barbell overhead press went from ~145lb 1RM to 190lbs 1RM. Lastly pulled a strapped 465lb deadlift beating my previous 425lb strapped deadlift.

I'd say most of my strength gains are hanging on. I was easily benching 240lbs for singles this Monday and that was after ~2 week break from heavy lifting. I can also rep 225lbs now pending how I feel that day.

Aesthetically I'm still overall bigger. My traps are always popping, delts are fuller, vascularity is fuller, upper body is overall wider, and chest is fuller/slightly better shaped.

Sides? Hardly any. I have a bit of acne all the sudden on my chest, face, traps. The classic back/shin pumps were present while on, but I had nothing affecting me worse than that.

That's about all I have. I'll be continuing more of the same for a little while until I dive into my next cycle. I'm going to do a mini 8-12 week cut to just look a little less bloated for summer, then it's back to all out growing time.

Thanks to those who have followed along!!

Last edited:
blongo804

blongo804

Awards
  • Established
Blood work from 6/26 attached!

I recently started some clomid (25mg ed for 4 weeks probably) to get my test up a bit more (it was 516 nd/dL pre-cycle). I made a thread on the forum, but the main reason I got this blood work was really because I simply felt a bit drained, libido isn't great, stiffy's weren't that hard.

Hoping clomid does the trick. I think I'm already starting to feel small changes after a week of use.

Anyway, just posting this here in case anyone is still sub'd and interested.

Attachments

DrChicken

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Blood work from 6/26 attached!

I recently started some clomid (25mg ed for 4 weeks probably) to get my test up a bit more (it was 516 nd/dL pre-cycle). I made a thread on the forum, but the main reason I got this blood work was really because I simply felt a bit drained, libido isn't great, stiffy's weren't that hard.

Hoping clomid does the trick. I think I'm already starting to feel small changes after a week of use.

Anyway, just posting this here in case anyone is still sub'd and interested.
Was this rounds of bloods before or after the clomid?
Have you done bloods since?
You were at 644. Dropping to 400 is kinda low. Do you feel it ?