Dmax's pursuit for power & performance

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Bacon ground beef, taco and chicken club

Called it at 1 bacon 2 taco and 4 club
I bet not to much damage was done all I had today was a quest bar, banana and a serving of nuts

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Lol I hear Ya

U see the volume I got in today rob I'm super excited about it
Damn! Somehow I seemed to of missed it. That is some nice freaking repping with 245. I like having middle on the rings, too. It is the most comfortable for me. And good call bc good form puts a lot of lbs on the bar.

Edit: and that's nice pizza volume, too!

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Thanks the last set was fast and very comfortable they helped me so much today with setup not to say thet haven't before I think they just assumed I knew certain things which I did, but today it finally it came together

Edit: I'll be 230 from pizza volume by the morning lol

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thanks the last set was fast and very comfortable they helped me so much today with setup not to say thet haven't before I think they just assumed I knew certain things which I did, but today it finally it came together

Edit: I'll be 230 from pizza volume by the morning lol
That's awesome. I love those "this is how it goes" moments. I'm finding confidence in a lift is so freaking huge it's radick.

And I wouldn't worry. Gotta indulge here and there. I ate a ginicotti yesterday, which is basically a fried Stromboli lol

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
So for a while now I've been looking for a good hot sauce for my eggs in the morning (normaly put salsa and hot sauce on them) but I can never find anything really hot so this weekend I bought some dave's insanity sauce ghost pepper and holy crap is that stuff hot I knew it would but put a bit to much on this morning and was in tears mouth is still hot hour later

liftandswim

liftandswim

Awards
So for a while now I've been looking for a good hot sauce for my eggs in the morning (normaly put salsa and hot sauce on them) but I can never find anything really hot so this weekend I bought some dave's insanity sauce ghost pepper and holy crap is that stuff hot I knew it would but put a bit to much on this morning and was in tears mouth is still hot hour later
I'm a fan of hot sauce, but not to the point where I can't taste the food anymore haha

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Griffins if you can find it. Best stuff

capo180

Awards
  • Established
Nice looking pies man! lol. freaking high volume at 245 on bench as well! good work bud!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Missed a lot in here! Steady tossing monster weight around as usual! Pizzas look good...they're healthy with salad on top right?! ;)

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Missed a lot in here! Steady tossing monster weight around as usual! Pizzas look good...they're healthy with salad on top right?! ;)
Very healthy and delicious lol
Thanks I'm trying make up for lost time and years I wasted being overweight

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Very healthy and delicious lol Thanks I'm trying make up for lost time and years I wasted being overweight
Well, you're doing awesome! Keep up the great work!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Today
Heavy lower supplemental and assistance work
Current weight at 730am was 223.2

Preworkout-random sample/tmg
Intra-compete/creatine 5grams

Warm-up
7 mins Arc-trainer
55# Goblet squats
BW BSS's

High box squats (2-3" above parallel)
Bar×10
95×10
135×5
185×5
225×3
275×3
315×1
Belt+box added (no wraps)
350×5
365×5
385×5

Rack pulls (setsxreps)
315×3
405×3
495×3×2

Superset
Sumo deadlift /straight leg deadlift
225×3×8
SLDL (1½"deficit)
225×3×8

Leg press (piston style fast)
6 plates×12
8 plates×12
8 plates+2 25's×15

Wood chops
40×10
50×3×amrap

Ab superset
Stir the pot, ab roller, McGill crunchs, 45# weighted planks
3 times through

Notes
Today was trying to feel out high box and get a weight figure out I can do without having to wrap could/should have gone a bit higher but I'll save this for next time

Hadn't done SLDL in can't remember when how long so I decided to give it a shot I feel my hamstrings are holding me back a bit so give these a go for a bit

Kept the sumo's light to work on form after realizing that is be slowly getting farther from the bar so moved in and they turned very snappy pretty pleased

1hr 15mins total with warm ups

Thats it thanks for reading
Dmax

capo180

Awards
  • Established
Nice day there man, keep doing work like that and those hammies will build right up!

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Very nice heavy racks and box squats. Solid volume and weights

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Thanks guys
Just trying to sort out and eliminate weakness

I was think in the back of my head that I could do front squats in my Warmup for regular squats till a point wondering how that would work may try it next week

capo180

Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys
Just trying to sort out and eliminate weakness

I was think in the back of my head that I could do front squats in my Warmup for regular squats till a point wondering how that would work may try it next week
Ehh I wouldn't. I like my warm up to help me get into my groove for that particular lift. My front and back squats are different enough that I don't think it would be helpful.

liftandswim

liftandswim

Awards
You got through that in 1hr 15mis? That's some quick work for all that volume.

CincyKiller45

CincyKiller45

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Strong session, Dmax. Dat volume though!

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Thanks

Man I didn't think I did that much but my legs are telling me something different this morning

LizKing531

LizKing531

Awards
Nice session man & that snack looks awesome - great idea! Got some nutella around the house - just need to pick up some rice cakes

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Very strong box squats and rack pulls!!!

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Nice session man & that snack looks awesome - great idea! Got some nutella around the house - just need to pick up some rice cakes
The black/brown is actually sugar free jello, banana, fat free cool whip, and caramel rice cakes

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Today
Heavy Upper supplemental and assistance work
Current weight at 7am was 221.2

Preworkout-random packet/tmg

Warm-up
7 mins Arc-trainer
Front/behind lat pulldown, rotator cuff

2 board bench press
Bar×10
95×10
135×5
185×5
Board added
225×5
235×2×5
Drop set
205×2×5

DB shoulder press (setsxreps)
35×2×12
60×5,6,6

Wide grip lat pulldown
100×2×10
165×5 (little to much lots of English)
150×2×5

Assisted dips
40#off ×5
30#off ×2×5

Mega set
20# front and side raises, 60# facepulls 3 different lvl, 50# BB curls
3 sets ×amrap

Workout time 1hr 10mins

Notes
Bench felt heavy think it was just the crappy bench I was using back kept sliding and this one was hinged so u didn't have to unrack it to pull it out which doesn't help think I need a few more Warmup sets as well

I realized today that I don't need to fit so much in on these days cause I'm doing some work on Sundays too ha stupid me

Sorry L&S I set my phone to get u an exact time but apparently it doesn't like to text and keep time at once and reset it self lol

That's it thanks for reading
Dmax

liftandswim

liftandswim

Awards
Timers and stopwatches, even on smartphones are horrible for some reason.

But good work dmax. I know what you're talking about with the hinged bench racks (for lack of a better term. My gym has them and I hate it. I have to get a lift off or I lose tightness.

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Timers and stopwatches, even on smartphones are horrible for some reason.

But good work dmax. I know what you're talking about with the hinged bench racks (for lack of a better term. My gym has them and I hate it. I have to get a lift off or I lose tightness.
Exactly

LizKing531

LizKing531

Awards
The black/brown is actually sugar free jello, banana, fat free cool whip, and caramel rice cakes
Ah sugar free jello... might be a little more diet friendly than the nutella

capo180

Awards
  • Established
Nice work man! A hinge bench? Sounds crappy. I wish I had a competition type bench to lift on, the guys at the gym say comp benches are stickier and easier to dig into.

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Yea they are way better I use one on Sundays with a fat pad, big difference when u drive your traps in it stays I remember reading on sean's log u can get one of the anti slide dish mat things and put it down my try that

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Got word this morning training starts at 6:30am tomorrow O boy I can't wait to wake up at 5am to get ready (sarcastic)

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
O I wanted to add the reason we are going in early is a guy is testing his bench after do smolov Jr. I'll update if he made any good gains or not he certainly put the work in I know that

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
That will be rough but well worth it!!

capo180

Awards
  • Established
I want to run the smolov squat cycle at some point just to experience the hell that it is. haha.

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
So here is the scoop 2 guys in our group did smolov Jr. One gained 30lbs on basically close grip bench the other bench only guy gained 55lbs at least I say at least cause the his last attempt was fast as ****

Today
ME crew squat and deadlift
Current weight at 4:50am was 222.1

Preworkout-random packet/tmg

Warm-up
K Starr Stretching
55# Goblet squats
BW BSS's

Squat (monolift/Mastodon bar)
70×10
160×10
210×5
260×5
Belt
320×3
Belt/wraps
360×3
410×3
Overkill wraps
460×3

Deadlift
135×5
225×5
315×5
Belt
405×3
455×3 rep pr (previous was 2)
425×5 rep pr (previous was 420×4)

Notes
Good day today Squats felt pretty good fast and I managed to stay pretty tight 410 I didn't squeeze my shoulders together hard enough and the bar sat a bit high then I like 460 was at depth this time 3rd was better this week

Deads were great wasn't sure on the 5th on 425 but locked it out then held for 30ish secs brutal

Thats it thanks for reading
Dmax

capo180

Awards
  • Established
haha I've watched people on youtube do it.. freaking brutal. I hear that those cycles are good for peaking, but that its hard to keep the strength you gained on em for long term. Those are great results though.

Nice squat/deadlift day man. Congrats on the deadlift PRs, a 30 sec hold at the top is pretty nuts...

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Time will tell if they keep it I'll update it if I see any slip

I like to hold at the top for every set as long as I can bear it a lot of the times I get done thou and I can't open my hands lol

capo180

Awards
  • Established
Yeah it will be interesting, i guess it would depend completely on the training intensity. 55 lb bench PR in a couple weeks is insane though. Yeah i usually try to hold my last rep for a little while at the top.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The numbers you have been putting up are very freaking nice DMaxzilla. Keep killing it!

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Thanks rob I would say it the carbs but our friend mark bell would disagree I think lol