DMAA/DMHA vs Other Thermogenics - Is there proof DMAA/DMHA burn fat?

RIPDanDuchaine

RIPDanDuchaine

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
When you look at a compound like ephedrine, there is legit scientific data that it actually burns fat. There are also countless other thermogenics that have plenty of research behind them that prove they work.

But, what about DMAA/DMHA? Almost all thermogenic fat burners put this in their formulas nowadays, but besides the stimulation, is it actually stimulating enough to increase BMR? I know it has appetite reduction properties and can help push you more through a workout, but in terms of it's actual fat burning capabilities, what do you guys think?

muscleman

muscleman

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Without citing or checking any actual research on top off my head I have never seen any research stating that it would help raise BMR, even if it would it would be very minor.
Another thing and again no research behind but general intuition.
I think that most stimulants although temporary raising BMR and heart rate and body temperature at the same they will affect your stomach flora and even if not a great they will slight damage your internal organs and digestion by negatively affecting your bodys health and natural ability overall they will have a slightly negative impact although perhaps a minor temporary increase in BMR.
This is my off my hat non scholarly 5 cents :)

nikosktm

nikosktm

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
When you look at a compound like ephedrine, there is legit scientific data that it actually burns fat. There are also countless other thermogenics that have plenty of research behind them that prove they work.

But, what about DMAA/DMHA? Almost all thermogenic fat burners put this in their formulas nowadays, but besides the stimulation, is it actually stimulating enough to increase BMR? I know it has appetite reduction properties and can help push you more through a workout, but in terms of it's actual fat burning capabilities, what do you guys think?
no dmaa and dmha dont burn fat but from my experience they are increasing my endurance,focus and the most important is the appetite suppression, like you said before.

Irishobrien

Awards
  • First Up Vote
As referenced on my bog (high tower pharm) most of these compounds are “releasing” agents and will increasing the quantity of EP/EP. the latter of which binds to beta-3 and can “burn” fat.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Based only on personal experience I say no. What about IF Thermoamp for thermogenesis? Or 7-keto-DHEA?