DJBeanPole Gets WYKED! Mind+Muscle Sponsored Log

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
MIND+MUSCLE

AND SO IT BEGINS…
Before we get into the beginning intro let me cover some groundwork so that you all that will be following along can see a starting point for myself as well as a plan for how this is all going to work out.

HEIGHT: 6'9"
WEIGHT: 255lbs
GOAL: RECOMP
TRAINING: POWERLIFTING

THE TRAINING

Lilliebridge Training Method - 4 days/wk powerlifting focused program

DAY 1: Bodybuilding Day
DAY 2: Squat/Deadlift Accessory
Day 3: Light/Heavy Bench (varies each week) + Bench Accessory
DAY 4: Heavy Squat/Light Deadlift or Heavy Deadlift/Light Squat (varies each week)

THE DIET
Simple. Carb backloading. Without getting into too much of the science behind this I’ll just preface the main points.

– Non training days are low carb (<30g carbs). Eat all the proteins and fats I want.
– I train in the late afternoon/early evening, and postworkout meals are chock full of carbs (but no carbs until postworkout) consisting of high glycemic index carbs (so the bad stuff)

SUPPLEMENTATION
PREWORKOUT: WYKED 2.1 with the occasional random supplement thrown in for a review on my website
INTRAWORKOUT: Lecheek AminoFusion
POSTWORKOUT: Controlled Labs Green Magnitude (creatine)
ANCILLARY: Multivitamin, Fish Oil

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Final review below...

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
FINAL REVIEW

First and foremost let me explain that my mindset when it comes to reviewing any product is that the most important aspect is the effectiveness of that product above all other things. Previous reviews on products I've done in the past have had their downfalls due to different aspects but were eventually given a thumbs up/recommendation simply based on the effectiveness of the product itself. And as always, especially with preworkouts, your mileage may vary - things that work (or don't work) for me may have the complete opposite effect for you.

WYKED 2.1 was a preworkout from Mind+Muscle that I was given to review and LOG at Anabolic Minds. Initally, from looking at the label I wasn’t too impressed. Some of the ingredients were underdosed and those that weren’t required nearly 3 scoops to even attain what I would consider to be beneficial dosages which in the long run causes you to burn through the tub faster (my desensitization to some of these things is on me!) Ingredient profile aside I decided to give WYKED 2.1 a run for the money. I started my preworkout routine like I do any other day: Grab a shaker cup, fill it up with about 16 oz. of water, throw in 2 full scoops of WYKED, shake it up and toss it back. First taste tests I usually take my time so that I can savor the flavor and get a feel for the taste… of which was absolutely god awful. There was no sweetness whatsoever, just marked bitterness that pierced the tastebuds right off the bat and remained long after I had painfully finished the whole bottle… and I mean painfully. It was to the point where I was pinching my nose just to get it to go down the flavor was that disgusting. Think of it as if you opened up 20 packets of Sweet’N’Low and drank that as your preworkout. Bland, bitter, horribly long lasting aftertaste. But I wasn’t going to have that be the downfall of WYKED as long as it proved itself in the gym. The flavor I could get over… the lack of effectiveness in the gym I could not.

Energy was hit or miss. It would either come on strong all at once and fizzle out/cause a crash, or it would come on gradually and linger but never peak to the point where I considered myself to be energized, in the zone, and laser focused. The first few times I took WYKED the pumps were absent to the point I had to supplement in my own standalone agmatine to get anything going. Don’t think you’ll be able to turn and look at yourself in the mirror and see veins popping up everywhere. The one thing WYKED consistently did was spark some thermogenesis to the point where I’d be stripping down layers during my warmups rather than after. I can’t say I’m surprised…

Looking at the profile I’d say the ingredients could use some tweaking… not all of them (beta alanine, creatine), just some of them. Maybe a bump in the amount per serving or replacing a few things here and there. Regardless, my results with this after about two weeks of use: No energy. No focus. No pumps. No endurance… did I even take a preworkout? While some of the ingredients here might be beneficial as a beginner-intermediate level lifter… for those of us looking for a bigger kick I recommend you look elsewhere. I attempted to try direct-to-mouth dosing and for awhile it worked but depending on how much water you used that terribly awful aftertaste would creep up and hang around. The tub itself even seems to suffer from some moisture problems. When I first opened the container things were looking great but two weeks into the log and I was having clumping issues and the granules were taking on the appearance of GMS to the likes of something such as Purus Labs NOXYGEN. I’m not sure if there was a silica packet in the container or not because I never got down into the tub far enough to find out.

I tried guys. I really tried to stick around and enjoy/use this product. I couldn’t get beyond the flavor… and couple that with my bad experience with effectiveness… this is one product I’m going to have to step away from.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DAY 1: CLEANSE THE PALATE

LILLIEBRIDGE TRAINING METHOD
C1W5 - Squat/Deadlift Accessory

LEG PRESS
553 x 8,8,8,12

BARBELL OVERHEAD PRESS
115 x 12,10,9,7

PENDLAY ROWS
135 x 15,15,15,15,15

UPRIGHT ROWS
70 x 15,15,15,15,15

STEP-UPS
75 x 15,15,15,15,15 (ea. leg)

HAMSTRING CURL
100 x 15,15
75 x 15,15,15

REEVES DEADLIFT
135 x 10
155 x 10
175 x 10

THOUGHTS
Woke up early this morning to get my training in so I wouldn't have to crowd up my Friday night. Was really looking forward to tryin WYKED 2.1 because I had never heard of this company before and was interested in trying out a new preworkout. Poured myself 16 ounces of water and added 2 scoops of WYKED to my shaker and tossed it around. Then came the horror... the taste is absolutely atrocious. Like god awful. Nearly puked trying to get it down. The only thing I could compare it to was Pitbull Nutrition's UNLEASHED which was equally terrible even unflavored. I quickly threw in my scoop of Genomyx ENDURATE in the middle of my dry heaves to help add some flavor. It made it tolerable... but barely.

PSA: Mix it with your favorite flavored drink.

Effects today was so-so. Energy kicked in fast and so did the heat (?) but faded about halfway through today's 1.5hr workout and then came the crash on my way in to work.

I hope this isn't a trend that continues.

frankz2

frankz2

Awards
Subbed to support someone taller than me.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Even the smallest margin at this point I just assume 7' since I never see anyone taller.

How are the lifts lookin?
In the process of peaking in about 4 weeks. Had some right knee problems from squats so I've eliminated them (from squat/deadlift accessory day). Being tall doesn't lend me to moving huge amounts of weight but I'm working on it.

Goals for 2015
Bench 315 (again)
Squat 405 (for the first time)
Deadlift 505-515 (Previous max 500)

frankz2

frankz2

Awards
Those lifts are very solid at your height brother. I know the struggle...

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DAY 2

C1W5 Heavy Bench Day

Two scoops of WYKED taken painfully with 16oz water and a few squirts of Mio 30 minutes prior to lifting

BENCHPRESS
135 x 6
155 x 5
185 x 3
230 x 1
250 x 1
265 x 1

2 BOARD BENCHPRESS
265 x 2
275 x 2
285 x 2

SLINGSHOT EQUIPPED BENCHPRESS
295 x 5
315 x 3

FLOOR PRESS
205 x 10,10,10,8

INCLINE DB PRESS
50 x 15,15,15,15,15

MACHINE FLY
150 x 15,15,15

STRAIGHT BAR TRICEP PUSHDOWN
57.5 x 15,15,15,15,15

LATERAL DB RAISE
22.5 x 15,15,15

FRONT DB RAISE
22.5 x 15,15,15​

Endurance was up a little today as I was moving through the weights at a little faster pace to get out of there quicked so I could go run some errands. I'm still having a hard time getting this preworkout down :(

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DAY 3

C1W5 Heavy Squat/Light Deadlift

BARBELL BACK SQUAT
145 x 6
155 x 5
185 x 3
225 x 3
255 x 2
290 x 1
315 x 11 PR

SUMO SPEED DEADLIFT
275 x 3,3,3

LAT PULLDOWN
175 x 8
180 x 8
185 x 8
190 x 8

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The taste isn't the best compared to what is out there but no where near as bad as how they use to make them! That's how I look at it. I put a full scoop in my mouth one time and boy was that tart and sweet!!!! Try a pinchfull. Pretty tasty I think!

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Your very strong with how tall you are! Strong freaking squats!

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The taste isn't the best compared to what is out there but no where near as bad as how they use to make them! That's how I look at it. I put a full scoop in my mouth one time and boy was that tart and sweet!!!! Try a pinchfull. Pretty tasty I think!
Thanks man! I'll give the direct to mouth method a shot next time!

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Your very strong with how tall you are! Strong freaking squats!
I have no idea what came over me. I was in the zone that day. Everything was clicking. Previous effort at that weight was only for 5 reps!!!

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Taste is definitely different as I find most pwo to be to sweet. I mix in a 12oz of water. Find its like a lemon with water. I'm not a high stim guy so this is perfect.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Taste is definitely different as I find most pwo to be to sweet. I mix in a 12oz of water. Find its like a lemon with water. I'm not a high stim guy so this is perfect.
A lemon with water? Maybe I should check the expiration date on the tub lol... I'm not giving up on it yet. Maybe I can direct-to-mouth it and slam it down. I just can't do it solo :(

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Like I said I use a good amount of water and one scoop

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Like I said I use a good amount of water and one scoop
I'll keep changing it up. Took 2 scoops w about 12-16oz and it was rough. I'll try a whole shaker full of water and/or right to the mouth.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DAY 3

C1W6 - Bodybuilding Day

2 scoops direct-to-mouth, one after the other, washed down with a ton of water... more tolerable this way

BARBELL OVERHEAD PRESS
95 x 5
115 x 5
145 x 4
135x5,5,5,5,5,5

KROC ROWS
50 x 15
60 x 12
75 x 20

DECLINE BENCHPRESS
135 x 5
185 x 5
225 x 5
250 x 5,5,5,5

EZ BAR CURL
90 x 8,8,8

TRICEP DIPS
BW+25 x 10,10,10,10,10

Took slightly longer to kick in because I shot the preworkout right before I walked into the gym and I should have given myself some warmup time to allow it to get into my system. Started noticing the heat after the OHP. Energy ramped up towards the end but on the way in to work it faded and I found myself having to stop at the gas station to grab a Rockstar. Pumps were moderate and are still sticking around with me even as I type this in my office.

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
Very nice log. I didn't even know this was going on. Subbed up! Flavor compounds is something we have grown accustomed to in the supplement game. I think this has to do with active dosing vs Prop blends. It would seem easy to me do throw in a prop blend and make up for it in taste. If everything was dosed right it would all taste like garbage. Its worth it to me for the true effects. I will have to try out the direct to mouth tomorrow myself. Also don't forget to shake your tub before each dose.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Very nice log. I didn't even know this was going on. Subbed up! Flavor compounds is something we have grown accustomed to in the supplement game. I think this has to do with active dosing vs Prop blends. It would seem easy to me do throw in a prop blend and make up for it in taste. If everything was dosed right it would all taste like garbage. Its worth it to me for the true effects. I will have to try out the direct to mouth tomorrow myself. Also don't forget to shake your tub before each dose.
I've always preached with every review that effectiveness far outweighs flavoring. If I get amazing results in the gym I'll take it regardless of what it tastes like. Just sack up and down it. With that being said I'm moving on to 3 scoops for my next workout as my tolerance to stims is showing. Hoping for epicness because that just means more goodies with the higher dose :)

roblasane

roblasane

Awards
I agree with your take on flavoring . If it means gains I'd drink powdered arse. The problem is we have so many effective pre workout options now that taste great why suffer with a poor tasting product .

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
DAY 3 LILLIEBRIDGE TRAINING METHOD C1W6 - Bodybuilding Day 2 scoops direct-to-mouth, one after the other, washed down with a ton of water....
Don't wash it down! Embrace the sweetness and tartness! Haha

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
I took Wyked 2.1 direct to mouth today and it was way sweeter than mixed with water. Just a very slight tanginess in the end of the swish and swallow. Problem solved in my book. On the other hand I tried direct to mouth with the Rise and Swell also and almost killed my self. I practically inhaled half of it lol.

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I took Wyked 2.1 direct to mouth today and it was way sweeter than mixed with water. Just a very slight tanginess in the end of the swish and swallow. Problem solved in my book. On the other hand I tried direct to mouth with the Rise and Swell also and almost killed my self. I practically inhaled half of it lol.
Yes it's way sweeter but I think the taste is much better IMO!

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DAY 4

C1W6 - Squat/Deadlift Accessory

LEG PRESS
373 x 8
463 x 15,15,15,15,15,15 (alternate wide v. narrow stance)
Has replaced front squats due to injury

REEVE'S DEADLIFT/PENDLAY ROW
185 x 15/135 x 15
185 x 15/ 145 x 15
185 x 15/155 x 15
Reeve's Deadlift: http://youtu.be/2UN4-uUmGJY?t=5s

UPRIGHT ROW
65 x 15,15,15,15,15

STEP-UPS
75 x 16,16,16,16 (ea. leg)

HAMSTRING CURL
90 x 15,15,15,15
Elbows propped up for more isolation

Threw back 3 scoops this morning all of them directly to mouth and chased with a few gulps of water. Definitely helps with the flavoring. Second scoop nearly killed me as I inhaled some of it lol... Obvious change from this style of dosing was that it's effects came on much quicker due to less water diluting the powder. I'm still getting a sensation of heat rushing over me about 15 minutes post-drink. Had to take my hoodie off a little earlier than usual which surprised me because it was like -1 walking into the gym. Pumps were not as prevalent this time around but the energy has lasted and is still with me even as I sit at my desk at work to type this and I'm delaying my typical morning coffee for later in the late-morning. Endurance was definitely down however and I'm not sure if I'm going to chalk that up to WYKED or to the deadlift/row combo which was an absolute killer and had me sucking wind hard in between each set. Even though the weight is lower compared to a conventional deadlift the Reeves is brutal and I encourage anyone to throw it into the deadlifting arsenal.

Overall very satisfied with today's work!

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DAY 5

C1W6 - Light Benchpress/Benchpress Accessory

BENCHPRESS
45 x 5
135 x 6
155 x 5
170 x 2
205 x 16

2 BOARD PRESS
205 x 2
225 x 2
245 x 2

SLINGSHOT EQUIPPED BENCHPRESS
275 x 6
325 x 2

FLOOR PRESS
155 x 15
165 x 15
175 x 15
185 x 15

INCLINE DB PRESS
52.5 x 15,15,15,15,15

DB FLY
25 x 15,15
30 x 15,15
35 x 15

TRICEP PUSHDOWN - STRAIGHTBAR
65 x 15,15
72.5 x 15,15,15

DB LATERAL RAISE
22.5 x 15,15,15,15
25 x 15

DB FRONT RAISE
17.5 x 15,15,15,15,15

REAR DELT DB RAISE
35 x 15,15,15,15,15

LAT PULLDOWN
I tried to reverse pyramid/burnout but I was drained!
190 x 5
175 x 5 (wanted 6)
160 x 5 (wanted 8-10)
145 x 5 (wanted 10-12 lol)​

Exhausting day but also my favorite. 3 scoops direct to mouth. Pumps were ridiculous. Energy was steady. Focus wavered but I was also talking to a few people I ran into throughout the workout. Pretty sore today in a good way. The downside however to 3 scoops is that the tub will empty out faster than usual. With 3 scoops per workout and the tub full at 60 scoops I'll get in 20 days of training with WYKED (probably an average 5 days more than other preworkouts tbh)

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Volume is slowing down as the program is shifting to ramp up for a new 1RM. Gonna get some deadlifts in today. 425 for a double. Piece o' cake.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DAY 6

C1W6 - Heavy Deadlift/Light Squat

DEADLIFT
135 x 6
225 x 5
250 x 4
275 x 3
300 x 2
345 x 1
390 x 1
425 x 2
315 x 3 sumo
365 x 1 sumo

PAUSE SQUATS
205 x 3
225 x 3,3​

Filmed myself taking the preworkout direct to mouth today and I'm not sure if I didn't wash it down with enough water or what but that awful aftertaste crept back into my mouth after I was done. I almost didn't take scoop 3 as I just didn't want to go through it again. Didn't really feel anything this time around for this workout which was rather quick and didn't bring the pumps. Energy was so-so as I lifted early in the evening and I was definitely looking for more of a pick me up. Weights felt good. Need to work on getting my hips closer to the ground prior to firing up for the deadlift. I was only supposed to pause squat 205 but I decided to challenge myself and it went just fine.

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
Still getting it done

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Final Review

First and foremost let me explain that my mindset when it comes to reviewing any product is that the most important aspect is the effectiveness of that product above all other things. Previous reviews on products I've done in the past have had their downfalls due to different aspects but were eventually given a thumbs up/recommendation simply based on the effectiveness of the product itself. And as always, especially with preworkouts, your mileage may vary - things that work (or don't work) for me may have the complete opposite effect for you.

WYKED 2.1 was a preworkout from Mind+Muscle that I was given to review and LOG at Anabolic Minds. Initally, from looking at the label I wasn’t too impressed. Some of the ingredients were underdosed and those that weren’t required nearly 3 scoops to even attain what I would consider to be beneficial dosages which in the long run causes you to burn through the tub faster (my desensitization to some of these things is on me!) Ingredient profile aside I decided to give WYKED 2.1 a run for the money. I started my preworkout routine like I do any other day: Grab a shaker cup, fill it up with about 16 oz. of water, throw in 2 full scoops of WYKED, shake it up and toss it back. First taste tests I usually take my time so that I can savor the flavor and get a feel for the taste… of which was absolutely god awful. There was no sweetness whatsoever, just marked bitterness that pierced the tastebuds right off the bat and remained long after I had painfully finished the whole bottle… and I mean painfully. It was to the point where I was pinching my nose just to get it to go down the flavor was that disgusting. Think of it as if you opened up 20 packets of Sweet’N’Low and drank that as your preworkout. Bland, bitter, horribly long lasting aftertaste. But I wasn’t going to have that be the downfall of WYKED as long as it proved itself in the gym. The flavor I could get over… the lack of effectiveness in the gym I could not.

Energy was hit or miss. It would either come on strong all at once and fizzle out/cause a crash, or it would come on gradually and linger but never peak to the point where I considered myself to be energized, in the zone, and laser focused. The first few times I took WYKED the pumps were absent to the point I had to supplement in my own standalone agmatine to get anything going. Don’t think you’ll be able to turn and look at yourself in the mirror and see veins popping up everywhere. The one thing WYKED consistently did was spark some thermogenesis to the point where I’d be stripping down layers during my warmups rather than after. I can’t say I’m surprised…

Looking at the profile I’d say the ingredients could use some tweaking… not all of them (beta alanine, creatine), just some of them. Maybe a bump in the amount per serving or replacing a few things here and there. Regardless, my results with this after about two weeks of use: No energy. No focus. No pumps. No endurance… did I even take a preworkout? While some of the ingredients here might be beneficial as a beginner-intermediate level lifter… for those of us looking for a bigger kick I recommend you look elsewhere. I attempted to try direct-to-mouth dosing and for awhile it worked but depending on how much water you used that terribly awful aftertaste would creep up and hang around. The tub itself even seems to suffer from some moisture problems. When I first opened the container things were looking great but two weeks into the log and I was having clumping issues and the granules were taking on the appearance of GMS to the likes of something such as Purus Labs NOXYGEN. I’m not sure if there was a silica packet in the container or not because I never got down into the tub far enough to find out.

I tried guys. I really tried to stick around and enjoy/use this product. I couldn’t get beyond the flavor… and couple that with my bad experience with effectiveness… this is one product I’m going to have to step away from.

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
I appreciate your honest review. Hopefully you can try other products of ours in the future.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I appreciate your honest review. Hopefully you can try other products of ours in the future.
Thanks for the opportunity. Hence the YMMV statement. Preworkouts are just so hit or miss when it comes to working for EVERYONE. People opinion's will vary widely on that stuff. I've taken things I've loved while my training partner gets nothing out of it and vice versa (he had me try some Advocare BS lol).