Disturb SAD (change of season)

matteoF1

Awards
I have this slight ailment, every change of season I feel tired, sleepy, and little bit brain fog. So, I am looking for something that can help me give me a physical and mental boost. I thought taking vitamin D high dosage and serotonin boost, advice?

Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Look into full spectrum lamps/bulbs. A sunrise alarm clock is nice to have as well. The best way to treat lack of exposure to sunlight is by replacing it with as much "sunlight" as possible, which these allow you to do.

Of course, if you're deficient, Vitamin D supplementation will be very helpful. I take 5000iu every day.

matteoF1

Awards
Look into full spectrum lamps/bulbs. A sunrise alarm clock is nice to have as well. The best way to treat lack of exposure to sunlight is by replacing it with as much "sunlight" as possible, which these allow you to do.
What do you mean about that? I have not understand.

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Vit D is a huge one I take 10,000 a day

Ptlhains

Ptlhains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I use a Phillips goLite. Its a 'SAD' light. I use it more in the Winter then the summer, but I use it year around.
Using it a few hours before bed calms me - I can really feel the difference and has helped to keep me asleep all night (I get up to pee can fall back to sleep easily) and has improved the quality of my sleep. I have been using one version or another of this light for over 20 years. It has been the single most important factor in improving my life. I am 52 yrs old, all natural and squat over 400lbs for reps weekly and my system and body takes it easily and continues to get stronger.
In the winter, I typically use it twice a day for 20 minutes. In the AM (to tell your body when to wake up) and a few hours before bed to prepare your body for sleep. In the Summer, I may only use it a couple of times a week. In the Spring and Fall - once to twice a day.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Vitamin D3 is a good option here. I typically go for at least 5000iu per day. I tend to get outside everyday, so I don't go above 5k

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
All the options above a great. The special lighting will give you some of what you need. Spending some time outside helps and D3 has plenty of benefits above and beyond this.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
All the options above a great. The special lighting will give you some of what you need. Spending some time outside helps and D3 has plenty of benefits above and beyond this.
Agreed. I supplement vitamin D3 and have been trying to get outside more now that i'm working from home.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
What do you mean about that? I have not understand.
Some others also brought it up but he is basically just saying if you can't get outside in actual sunlight (to help with D3) then get special lights to help.

If possible get your levels checked too so you can know how much to take and re-test to see if you are in the right levels after.

mcc23

Awards
  • Established
I have this slight ailment, every change of season I feel tired, sleepy, and little bit brain fog. So, I am looking for something that can help me give me a physical and mental boost. I thought taking vitamin D high dosage and serotonin boost, advice?
Perhaps a low dose of phenylalanine or tyrosine to stimulate dopamine? Be careful doing this though. Don't get out of hand with it.

matteoF1

Awards
Perhaps a low dose of phenylalanine or tyrosine to stimulate dopamine? Be careful doing this though. Don't get out of hand with it.
Probably also. What you suggest to take so?