Distended vein?

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Not totally sure what’s going on here, but back in December, I had acute appendicitis. I ended up getting an abscess when my appendix “perforated” and I spent a week in the hospital. Anyway, had an IV in the whole time, but they kept going bad, so they got moved around a lot. Had it in 3 different spots in my right arm. After I got home, a few days later I noticed some of veins were pretty stiff around where the IVs were put in. I googled that because it was super weird, apparently it’s not uncommon. What I saw said that usually goes away after around 2 weeks. They all kinda cleared up within 3 weeks or so. Now a couple days ago, I just noticed I have like a bulge in the vein on the inside of my elbow. Right before that spot, the vein coming up my forearm splits off and one side, the vein is still stiff, then the other side has that bulge. I have an appointment with the doctor already, but I’m just not sure how concerned i should be about this. I can try to get a picture if that might help, but when I tried before, you really couldn’t see anything.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
A picture would help. If it's only on 1 arm then take a picture of both arms so we can see the difference between the two

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
akboom87 Injury / Rehab 6
afluck410 Training Forum 18
ArnoldIsMyIdol Anabolics 28
Anabolics 15
General Chat 4