Dim (diindolyl-méthane) for the brain of this board

alvin1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Hi,

is Dim (diindolyl-méthane ) is estrogen detoxifier or a anti androgen? I read confronting information on the web.

Burnfire

Burnfire

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I tried to reason with my doc but she wasn't hearing it until bloods are drawn at the end of the month and show high estrogen which it will.. anyways she has me taking DIM as my AI for my trt protocol.

alvin1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
So DIM raise your estrogen blood work or your Doc prescribe you DIM for AI on your TRT?

Burnfire

Burnfire

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So DIM raise your estrogen blood work or your Doc prescribe you DIM for AI on your TRT?

No as stated above she told me it would shuffle around the estrogen good and bad. Idk honestly I was like look at all my bloods for the past couple of years I'm e2 prone.. I got the DIM from the store but yes she said to get it as my AI.

Burnfire

Burnfire

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thank you for the info
My appointment is the 22nd and I'll have bloods a few days later and post before and after up as well. Not sure if it plays a part but I'm taking celery extract as well.

alvin1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
It think it is good for semens! Keep us updated on you blood work

Burnfire

Burnfire

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It think it is good for semens! Keep us updated on you blood work
I knew for sure semen but I thought I heard also on super human radio some other good properties that's why I ended up adding it.

Will do brother.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
No as stated above she told me it would shuffle around the estrogen good and bad. Idk honestly I was like look at all my bloods for the past couple of years I'm e2 prone.. I got the DIM from the store but yes she said to get it as my AI.

I’m a high aromatizer as well.

I just started cruising last monday at 150mg test e & 12mg Ostarine daily (for the moment). HCG at 250iu ~twice a week.

I was using 11mg Exemestane twice a week on cycle for 210mg test e as my base under Dienelone E and whatnot, along with same dose HCG. Anyway, I have added in 200mg DIM daily since the cruise started and between the DIM and the lower dose it’s feeling like I only need one dose of Exem now a week.

So I do think it is worth something. It may let you use less AI if nothing else. Less drugs, more broccoli is never bad for longevity!

alvin1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Indole-3-carbinol is a more potent product, IMO.

Sounds like they only tested the prostate cells though. I can get ahold of the full study if you want to read it though.
Thank you for the offer, but I am good. Thank you for all of you that answer

grovemule

grovemule

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I take it every other day. Read it accumulates in the prostate and protects it against bad estrogen which could be harmful

alvin1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
So one day off and one day on? Why so it is cheaper or to much is harmfull. how much do you take per day.

grovemule

grovemule

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Taking 200 mg every other day. I take so many supps I'm trying to moderate my intake, save a little coin. Plus I read when ur prostate has accumulated so much dim all u need is a maintenance dose

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I take it every other day. Read it accumulates in the prostate and protects it against bad estrogen which could be harmful
never heard that before.

RIPDanDuchaine

RIPDanDuchaine

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
never heard that before.
I think he's talking about e2, the more potent estrogen. It's not necessarily a "bad" or "poisonous" estrogen or something, but DIM is supposed to suppress it slightly.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I think he's talking about e2, the more potent estrogen. It's not necessarily a "bad" or "poisonous" estrogen or something, but DIM is supposed to suppress it slightly.
talking about effect on prostate.

RIPDanDuchaine

RIPDanDuchaine

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
talking about effect on prostate.
Oh right. I seem to remember there being some discussions about estrogen having a negative effect on prostate and prostate cancer as well.

On top of that it reduces the risk of breast cancer and if breast cancer should ensue, it at least increases chances of it being benign (growth of tumor cells is dependent on uncontrollable proliferation). It seems that tamoxifen may impart the same benefit in the prostate (9). Aforementioned metabolite of DHT, 3alpha-androstanediol, is also a beta receptor specific estrogen (9) that promotes protective effects in breast and prostate tissue and can help stop and reduce breast growth. Another key reason why 5-alpha-reductase levels are a critical factor in determining risk for gyno.
Reference 9 (doesn't say much in the abstract about it): https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/15857973/

Estrogen plays an important role during prostate development and studies have shown that excessive estrogenization during prostatic development may contribute to the high incidence of BPH currently observed in the aging male population. Neonatal exposure to estrogen interrupts normal prostate development.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Oh right. I seem to remember there being some discussions about estrogen having a negative effect on prostate and prostate cancer as well.

Reference 9 (doesn't say much in the abstract about it): https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/15857973/

i have come to the conclusion that estrogen plays more of a role in prostate cancer than dht, there have even been studies done on replacing serms for antiandrogens in treatment...but that brings me back to dim and how much of a role it plays on prostate?

if dim was proven effective for prostate health i would be a happy camper since i am 62 and have had 2 uncles die from prostate cancer.

RIPDanDuchaine

RIPDanDuchaine

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i have come to the conclusion that estrogen plays more of a role in prostate cancer than dht, there have even been studies done on replacing serms for antiandrogens in treatment...but that brings me back to dim and how much of a role it plays on prostate?

if dim was proven effective for prostate health i would be a happy camper since i am 62 and have had 2 uncles die from prostate cancer.
I would say don't waste your time with DIM for prostate cancer. I use NOW Prostate Health and it has some great ingredients.

Supplement Facts
Serving Size:3 Softgels
Servings Per Container:30
Amount per Serving% Daily Value
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
† Daily Value not established.
Calories10
Total Fat1 g1%*
Vitamin D-3 (as Cholecalciferol)10 mcg (400 IU)50%
Zinc (from TRAACS® Zinc Glycinate Chelate)15 mg136%
Selenium (from Albion® Selenium Glycinate Complex)70 mcg127%
Saw Palmetto Extract (Berry) (Serenoa repens)
(min. 85% Fatty Acids)
320 mg
Phytosterols (Plant Sterols) (with Beta-Sitosterol)850 mg
Stinging Nettle Root Extract (Urtica dioica)240 mg
Quercetin (from Quercetin Dihydrate)200 mg
Turmeric Root Extract (Curcuma longa)
(min. 95% Curcuminoids)
100 mg
Pumpkin Seed Oil1 g (1,000 mg)
Lycopene (LYC-O-MATO® Natural Tomato Extract)10 mg
Green Tea Extract (Camellia sinensis) (Leaf)
(min. 50% EGCg)
100 mg
Pomegranate Extract (Punica granatum) (Fruit)100 mg
Natural Trans-Resveratrol
[from Japanese Knotweed Extract (Polygonum cuspidatum) (Root)]
10 mg
LinumLife® Complex (Flax Seed Lignan Extract)
(Linum usitatissimum) (Seed Coat)
25 mg
All that stuff has solid research that it's beneficial for prostate health.

grovemule

grovemule

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established

I too have read estrogen is worse than dht on the prostate. When my psa spiked 3 years ago and I had a negative biopsy, I read every article on the net I could find. Good articles on dim and the prostate. Inflammation of the prostate is where bad things start.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I too have read estrogen is worse than dht on the prostate. When my psa spiked 3 years ago and I had a negative biopsy, I read every article on the net I could find. Good articles on dim and the prostate. Inflammation of the prostate is where bad things start.
thank you and the others for letting me know dim is so beneficial for prostate...since dim is natural i feel comfortable using it as a staple.

grovemule

grovemule

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Curcumin, dim, green tea with soymilk (synergy) saw palmetto extract, pygeum . All part of my regimen for prostate. Didn't kill my dad, but he died with prostate cancer. He was 95

grovemule

grovemule

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
thank you and the others for letting me know dim is so beneficial for prostate...since dim is natural i feel comfortable using it as a staple.
I would highly recommend it. Stay strong brother

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
If using DIM, you can expect a very strong smell when you urinate and it may also significantly darken urine color. It is harmless, but knowing this may reduce unnecessary alarm.

grovemule

grovemule

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
If using DIM, you can expect a very strong smell when you urinate and it may also significantly darken urine color. It is harmless, but knowing this may reduce unnecessary alarm.
That's so weird because I've read the same thing countless times but it's never had that effect on me

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
That's so weird because I've read the same thing countless times but it's never had that effect on me
if you increase liquid intake it negates color of urine effect...when i use get diesel products i always increase liquid intake and urine returns to normal color, if i don't it is bright yellow.

diesel test pro has a hefty amount of dim.

alvin1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I read a book here about natural plan that boost testosterone, and they say that in France they use DHT to threat prostate problem, as it seem too much estrogen is the problem for the prostate

Last edited: