Raw Test: 1 mid-day/ 1 pm
Diesel Fuel: 2 am/ 2 mid-day

Workout: Biceps/ Forearms/ Calves/ Hams/ Quads

Barbell Curl: 65 X 12+6+4, 65 X 10+6+4

Alternated Hammer Curl: 30 X 10, 25 X 20, Extreme Stretching

Leg Press Calf Raise: 10 X 10, 9 X 12

Lying Leg Curl: 50 X 10+4+3, 50 X 13+6+5

Squat: 255 X 8, 195 X 20, 245 X 8, 185 X 20 , Extreme Stretching

Remark: last time's weights are in dark green.

Cardio:

20 min LI on a bike

Comments:

I had a ****ty workout today, literally. I had to make an unplanned trip to the men’s room after my calf exercise. That probably explains why leg curls were terrible. I will give the exercise one more chance to see if I really can’t beat the numbers. Either way though, I am switching it out during my next blast, I don’t like it at all, I will do sumo deadlift or sumo leg press for hamstrings. I guess I will still be too weak to do glute-ham raises. The weight on squats did go up and for the first time the widowmaker gave a really hard time, I barely did the first 10 reps without a break, the last 3 or 4 were very heavy singles and I was out of breath. Those felt great nevertheless and I am actually noticing that the vastus medialis is coming out nicely!

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
[size=+1]Day 32[/size], September 21

Diesel Test 2010: 2 am/ 2 mid-day/ 2 pm

Comments:

Another good day off, sleep was great and I am starting to think that taking DT later in the day makes me sleep better. It is actually the best day I have had so far after a squat day which means a lot.

I played with the calipers and I found out that all the upper front body measurements have gone up half a millimeter. I have gained some fat then but because I have gained lean mass too I can’t see the fat gain. Looks like Friday won’t be a high carb day any longer, I will stick to carbs strictly for breakfast, before and after workout. Also, on some days the water retention is just too much.

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
[size=+1]Day 33[/size], September 22

Workout: Chest/ Shoulders/ Triceps/ Back Width/ Back Thickness

Incline Dumbbell Press: 80 X 11+5+3, 80 X 10+4+3, Extreme Stretching

Machine Shoulder Press: 90 X 9+4+3, 90 X 8+4+3, Extreme Stretching

Decline Close-Grip Bench Press: 135 X 11+6+5, 135 X 11+6+4, Extreme Stretching

(Assisted) Reverse Grip Pull-Up: -6 X 12+5+5, -6 X 11+5+4

T-bar Row: 80 X 12, 90 X 8, 65 X 12, 75 X 8, Extreme Stretching

Cardio:
20 min LI on a bike

Comments:

Another ****ty workout today, figuratively speaking. I just got a couple of reps here and there, completely messed up form on the close-grip bench, by the time I found out I was repping out the last mini set. I did however increase weight for reps significantly on the T-bar row. That got me thinking: all the rest-pause sets suffered while the straight sets felt awesome. It must be a CNS thing and it must be because of Wednesday’s squats: this has happened every single time. This is not surprising though, I have hard time recovering from leg day as it is and once I switched to DC it got worse. Besides, in less than 12 weeks I have increased the weight for the widowmaker by 50%. Given how good I feel outside the gym in the days after I do legs speaks volumes for the increased recovery I get from DT. So what I’d do next time is wait until Saturday to do this workout. This should work because if it doesn’t… well I don’t want to think about the possible consequences.

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
[size=+1]Day 34[/size], September 23

Comments:

A normal day off today, recovery is great, slept in and didn’t do cardio.

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
[size=+1]Day 35[/size], September 24

EZ Drag Curl: 30 X 12+5+5, 30 X 11+5+4

Reverse-Grip One-Arm Cable Curl: 2.5 X 12, 2 X 20, Extreme Stretching

Standing Calf Raise: 180 X 12, 170 X 12

Seated Leg Curl: 70 X 15+8+7, 70 X 13+6+5

Front Squat: 215 X 7, 135 X 20, 205 X 8, 125 X 20 , Extreme Stretching

Cardio:

5 min LI on a bike

Comments:

Today was supposed to be an off day but I will be out of town for a couple of days next week and that necessitates some changes. The workout was pretty good, front squats felt awesome. I didn’t warm up as much as I usually do so I couldn’t quite push myself on the heavy set. On the other hand, form was impeccable and I had no problem balancing the bar at all this time.

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
[size=+1]Day 36[/size], September 25

Comments:

It doesn’t feel much like another day off after training legs at all. I did take a nap but mood and sense of well-being have been remarkable. My imminent trip this week is stressing me out though, let’s see how it goes.

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
[size=+1]Day 37[/size], September 26

Comments:

Today was the busiest day I have had in along time. I was planning on working out late but I was so behind on everything that I decided to skip it.

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
[size=+1]Day 38[/size], September 27

Comments:

Flying to the east coast, hotels, friends, good times before the interview.

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
[size=+1]Day 39[/size], September 28

Comments:

I had a job interview today which meant ****ty diet and some stress because I was there all day. The flight was delayed which made sticking to the plan impossible. I feel like I have lost 2 lbs of muscle and gained 4 lbs of fat in one day.

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
[size=+1]Day 40[/size], September 29

Diesel Test 2010: 2 am/ 2 mid-day/ 1 pm

EZ Preacher Curl: 35 X 12+7+6, 35 X 12+6+4

Reverse-Grip EZ Curl: 20 X 14 , 20 X 13, Extreme Stretching

Seated Calf Raise: 160 X 10 , 145 X 12

SLDL: 165 X 16, 155 X 20

Leg Press: 14 X 10, 11 X 20 , 14 X 8, 10 X 20, Extreme Stretching

Cardio:

20 min LI on a bike

Comments:

I got home early in the morning and slept in. Then I took another nap in the afternoon and dragged myself to the gym around 8. Surprisingly, I had a very good workout; I beat the numbers and felt strong but unfocused. I couldn’t have asked for more after a period of less than optimal diet and excessive stress. It did take me about 20 more minutes to complete the workout but it was a success nevertheless.

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
[size=+1]Day 41[/size], September 30

Comments:

Wow, what a workout yesterday. After skipping the Wednesday workout I forgot what the days after felt like. I took a five-hour nap in the afternoon and didn’t do much work although I have tons to do.

There is a nagging pain in my left hip and my lower back is sore from the SLDL.

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
[size=+1]Day 42[/size], October 1

Comments:

Surprisingly, today feels worse than yesterday, I’ve been procrastinating all day despite the two imminent exams. I have had worse days so that’s not too bad. Also, I can swear I can see changes in my quads from Friday. My left hip is fine today.

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
[size=+1]Day 43[/size], October 2

Weight: 171.8 [+0.7lbs, +5.6 lbs overall]

Decline Barbell Press: 225 X 8+4+2, 225 X 7+3+2 , Extreme Stretching

Dumbbell Press: 55 X 10+5+4, 55 X 8+5+4 , Extreme Stretching

Dip: BW X 14+7+6, BW X 12+6+4 , Extreme Stretching

(Assisted) Pull-Up: -6 X 10+5+5, -5 X 9+4+3

Deadlift: 225 X 12, 295 X 8, 225 X 11, 285 X 9, Extreme Stretching

Cardio:
10 min LI on a bike

Comments:

It really feels like I have missed an upper workout last week, conditioning and stamina were below average. The good news is that the numbers went up. I almost got a 3rd rep on the last set of decline bench and a 5th rep on the last set of shoulder press but form rules weight any day so I decided to quit. Unfortunately, I forgot how much weight I used on pull-ups so I ended up using more assistance than before, only a 4lb plate but still more. The reps were higher than the last time I used 6 plates so it wasn’t bad. Also, 295 felt really heavy on deadlifts. I should start using a belt during my next blast. I don’t need it while squatting so my core won’t lag much behind because of belt use.

I did manage to gain some weight in the last two weeks but given the events last week, it is actually encouraging. The changes in the mirror, however, are more pronounced. Now I have 2 weeks to make the most of this regimen before I start cruising. I hope Halodrol Liquigels hits the shelves by then because I want to stack it with X-Factor during my next blast, which is planned to start 4 weeks from now. I will of course keep a log.

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
[size=+1]Day 44[/size], October 3

Comments:

Not a bad day off today, lower back is sore but no joint pain whatsoever. My form on deadlifts must have been good. Again, I felt sluggish after the second meal but I have come to expect it. Also, I recalled how good the pump was yesterday, especially in lats: it was all the way down to the insertion. I rarely get a good pump so that was noteworthy.

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
[size=+1]Day 45[/size], October 4

Barbell Curl: 65 X 13+6+5, 65 X 12+6+4

Alternated Hammer Curl: 30 X 12, 30 X 10, Extreme Stretching

Leg Press Calf Raise: 10 X 11, 10 X 10

Sumo Leg Press: 4 X 16, N/A, new exercise

Squat: 275 X 8, 205 X 17, 255 X 8, 195 X 20 , Extreme Stretching

Cardio:

20 min LI on a bike

Comments:

Overtraining is getting to me big time but just 10 more days till cruising. I feel weak, unmotivated and unfocused but somehow I manage to move around as much weight as I do. Today, for example, I managed to add 20lbs to the heavy set on squats and get the same number of reps. I couldn’t, however, complete the 20 reps on the widowmaker: as I was coming out of the hole on the 18th rep I just failed and dumped the weight on the rack. I did 12 reps straight then the rest were singles with quite a few deep and noisy breaths in between. Oddly, I couldn’t feel my heart racing or anything and once I finished I didn’t feel dizzy and didn’t sit on the floor or anything, I just started sweating profusely which persisted through the cardio session. Not bad after all, I got up to 205 although I was 3 reps short of my goal.

Now I will take two days off instead of one before my next workout since recovery is slow and that Friday rotation has always suffered.

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
[size=+1]Day 46[/size], October 5

Comments:

Not a bad day off today, I was not too sore or too tired. I had to take a nap but that was expected. Once again, I felt much better in the morning and worse as the days progressed.

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
[size=+1]Day 47[/size], October 6

Comments:

Soreness today is much worse, I can barely walk. It looks like the sumo leg press is a killer exercise, my inner thighs are so stiff. I am not missing the leg curls at all.

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
[size=+1]Day 48[/size], October 7

Incline Dumbbell Press: 80 X 12+4+4, 80 X 11+5+3, Extreme Stretching

Machine Shoulder Press: 90 X 8+3+3, 90 X 9+4+3, Extreme Stretching

Decline Close-Grip Bench Press: 135 X 12+7+5, 135 X 11+6+5, Extreme Stretching

(Assisted) Reverse Grip Pull-Up: -6 X 11+7+5, -6 X 12+5+5

T-bar Row: 90 X 12, 100 X 7, 80 X 12, 90 X 8, Extreme Stretching

Cardio:
20 min LI on a bike

Comments:

There we go again: I took two days off but the workout was as bad as every other Friday-following-squats workout. Pushing was terrible, I even lost two reps on the shoulder press. No, all rest-pause sets were terrible! On the bright side, rowing went extremely well, that’s a 50% increase in reps with the same weight. I don’t know what to think, I know I am overtraining but all other days are good, I know my legs are still sore but I took 2 days off with plenty of food, rest, and sleep. I might have to resort to doing only straight sets during my next blast for that workout only because squats will get heavier and recovery would be difficult. Well, whatever needs to be done will be done.

Today was the last day of taking Raw Test. I’m thinking about taking 8 tabs of DT next week on workout days and 6 on the two in-between workout days instead of 6 tabs for 6 days. We’ll see how it goes, I didn’t respond to Jungle Warfare until I bumped it from 3 to 5 caps, the recommended dose of many things is too low for me, although DT has been working fine so far.

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
[size=+1]Day 49[/size], October 8

Cardio:
45 min brisk walk upon rising

Comments:

Legs are still sore a bit and cardio does not boost my appetite as it did before. I went totally off the diet today too.

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
[size=+1]Day 50[/size], October 9

Diesel Test 2010: 3 am/ 3 mid-day/ 2 pm

EZ Drag Curl: 30 X 12+7+5, 30 X 12+5+5

Reverse-Grip One-Arm Cable Curl: 2.5 X 15, 2.5 X 12, Extreme Stretching

Standing Calf Raise: 190 X 12, 180 X 12

Seated Leg Curl: 75 X 10+5+4, 70 X 15+8+7

Front Squat: 225 X 5, 140 X 20, 215 X 7, 135 X 20 , Extreme Stretching

Cardio:

20 min LI on a bike

Comments:

I dreaded going to the gym today and it wasn’t because it was my birthday: I was tired and unmotivated. During the workout, focus was all over the place, it was so bad that I felt as if someone else was lifting the weight for me. Therefore, I didn’t get 6 reps on front squats but at least I put 2 plates on the bar. I beat all numbers but it didn’t feel like I did.

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
[size=+1]Day 51[/size], October 10

Cardio:
45 min brisk walk upon rising

Comments:

I had only a couple of drinks last night but I could feel them upon waking up: it’s been around 6 months since I have had enough alcohol to ‘feel’ it so I’ve been unaccustomed to it for some time now. Morning cardio and solid meals helped a lot to feel better but all overtraining symptoms are present.

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
[size=+1]Day 52[/size], October 11

Comments:

I slept in today and decided enough is enough. There is no way I could hit the gym. Instead, I decided I will complete today’s workout on Friday and finish this review on Monday, which is when I start a much needed cruise. I have never felt so run down in my life for any reason. DC is really brutal on the CNS.

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
[size=+1]Day 53[/size], October 12

Comments:

It’s too cold for any kind of activity today so I just got some much needed sleep.

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
[size=+1]Day 54[/size], October 13

Incline Smith Press: 160 X 8+5+3, 150 X 9+4+3, Extreme Stretching

EZ Upright Row: 30 X 15+8+7, 30 X 13+7+6, Extreme Stretching

Reverse-Grip Bench Press: 145 X 10+6+5, 135 X 8+5+4, Extreme Stretching

(Assisted) Neutral-Grip Pull-Up: -3 X 11+5+4, -4 X 10+5+4

Rack Pull: 245 X 11, 335 X 8, 245 X 10, 315 X 7, Extreme Stretching

Cardio:
20 min LI on a bike

Comments:

It’s been exactly 30 days since I performed that very rotation and I didn’t know what to expect. I didn’t feel like working out again but I did not dread it as I did on Monday: the three days off must have helped. Focus again was barely there but I managed to beat the log book. I used a belt for the rack pulls and it just occurred to me that the last time I used one was 10 years ago in high school. I got the same lower-back discomfort I normally get but it lasted only until I performed the stretches afterwards. I will use a belt from now on for deadlift, rack pull, and possible leg press. I don’t need it for squat/ front squat.

Today is also the last day on DT. Two more days and I will complete this log on Monday after the last official weigh-in. I have discontinued all other supplements, including multi and fish oil, but not Diesel Fuel as of today as well.

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
[size=+1]Day 55[/size], October 14

Comments:

Not a bad day today considering yesterday’s workout. I needed a good nap in the afternoon and barely did any work but felt very good later.

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
[size=+1]Day 56[/size], October 15

Comments:

Something’s fishy, it’s been less than 2 days since I ceased all supplementation [other than DF] but I feel unusually good and active. I feel like I can start blasting again tomorrow and that I can complete the significant workload that has been postponed for a while in a very short period of time. I did more work today than in last two weeks combined. It should only get better now that I let my CNS recover.

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
[size=+1]Final Review[/size]

Weight: 174.4 [+2.6lbs, +8.2 lbs overall]

I gained 8.2 pounds overall and I am happy with both the amount and quality of gains. The changes registered with calipers are as follows:

• Pectoral: +0.5mm
  • Abdomen: +1.0mm
  • Thigh: +0.5mm
  • Subscapula: +0.5mm
  • Triceps: no change
  • Midaxillary: +0.5mm
  • Suprailiac: +0.5mm
  • Biceps: no change
  • Medial Calf: no change
According to the Body Fat Calculator , this translates into a fat gain of 1 lb and a lean body mass gain of 7.2 lbs. This is probably off, so here are the changes in body measurements:

• Waist: +1/2”
  • Chest: —1/2”
  • Right Arm: +1/8”
  • Right Quad: +3/4”
  • Right Calf: +1/8”
I probably didn’t take the chest measurement correctly but that’s not important. What’s important is that the changes in the mirror are profound: I’ve never made so much visual progress in 8 weeks. Quads, traps, delts/ rear delts, and chest look totally different. Triceps have also shown some improvement although arms [as well as calves] are my weakest parts. Abs do not show as well as they did but I still have the veins in the lower abs so that would be the true criteria for preserved leanness while I can see still them.

Strength & Endurance:

The strength increases on the stack were notable but the nature of my lifting routine should be considered as well. DC training requires an increase of weight/ reps every workout or else exercises must be switched out so that constant progress is made. Apparently, there is a sense of urgency that requires some good effort and continuously improving conditioning. On that stack, however, I was more likely to risk putting heavier weight and beating the log book for reps as well. More often than not, I was able to get away with it.

The numbers suggest an increase of an average of 20—40lbs on the core exercises and a significant increase of the number of reps, in one case over 100% [T-bar rows]. Again, not all of this could be attributed to the stack but these are best strength gains I have ever made. Also, one has to keep in mind the cadence of reps: the slow 3—6 second negative really makes a difference in how much weight could one push.

Endurance, however, did not improve at all. There was no “on” feeling or eagerness to fly through the sets. I got that from the old [yellow-label] DT but the circumstances then were different. For one thing, I was training HST, which is much more CNS-friendly than DC. One the other hand, there was some sense of relaxation during workouts which made me confident I will go through them just fine, which I did.

Subjective Effects:

I know people like to feel stuff when taking supplements but other than the relaxation, the increased appetite and quality of sleep, and the lethargy, I did not feel anything from Diesel Test 2010 or DT + RT when I added it. I started with a low dose and felt the effects on hunger, sleep, and mood. When I increased the dose, the lethargy kicked in. Recovery, of course, greatly improved but more on that in a moment. As I said in my first post, I am a non-responder to a lot of things and in general I need a higher dose to obtain the results. That also means I rarely feel stuff from supplements. I did not get a libido boost from DT although I did get it from the old DT, but that’s a separate issue since libido has been non-existent for months, mostly due to personal and work-related problems I alluded to in earlier posts. Responsiveness and semen volume increased at the very beginning of the cycle but then leveled off. The old DT did much better in that department but that’s another story.

One thing I have [unwillingly] accepted in the last weeks is that my recovery ability is below average. It becomes increasingly more difficult for me to recover from my workouts, especially leg days. By taking DT, however, I’ve been able to push my recovery ability closer to average. The effects cannot be felt but they are undeniable. When I started DC, my CNS was so fried after workouts I couldn’t fall asleep until 2 to 4 a.m. most nights. I was now being able to function normally even though the workload of my workouts has probably almost doubled. For some, supplements provide an extra edge, for me, they bring me closer to the mean, which is something I can live with.

Comparison to Similar Products:

Diesel Test 2010 is the best product in its class that I have taken although I said I liked the old version better but then things were different. ActivaTe did nothing for me, same for various tribulus products. ATD is probably in that class but I saw no ergogenic benefits from taking it. The one I liked a lot was Jungle Warfare but not until I upped it to 5 caps. Recovery was amazing but the effects didn’t last long; perhaps I need to keep bumping in order to reap the benefits. If I had to buy again, I would buy both and alternate the two because although in the same category they are indeed different.

I never really said anything about Diesel Fuel but I felt nothing from it and I can’t tell how much attributed to the results. I guess it helped somewhat in keeping me lean and the adapatogenic blend kept me closer to “normal.”

What’s Next?

I am now cruising for two weeks, which is basically a deloading phase. I am trying new exercises, pushing light weight for straight sets and no slow negatives, letting my CNS recover. I have decreased calories somewhat, mostly from cutting the carbs out.

After the end of the cruise, I will start a Halodrol Liquigels & X-Factor log.

That’s it.