Dhuge's IGF-2 Log

dhuge67

dhuge67

Awards
  • Established
Shoulders

Day after carb-up, weight up from 182/183 to 185.

A1. Military press

5x5 (160, 155, 155, 150, 150)
None

A2. Incline lateral raise

5x5 (30, 30, 30, 30, 30)
120 seconds

B1. Alternate dumbbell shoulder press

5x5 (110, 110, 100, 90, 110)
None

B2. Cable front raise

5x5 (30, 30, 30, 30, 30)
120 seconds

C1. Seated cable row to neck

5x5 (120, 120, 110, 100, 100)
None

C2. Incline rear delt raise
5x5 (50, 50, 50, 50, 50)
120 seconds

dhuge67

dhuge67

Awards
  • Established
Deadlifts

Recorded a PR on the deadlift, while on a diet: 455 lb pull for 3 separate singles, about 3 minutes apart.

dhuge67

dhuge67

Awards
  • Established
How did you like that?
I went to the gym twice (5 hours apart) today, the second time "on" RPM. Let's just say that the second time in was as good or better than the first time in. Also, I sweated my ass off and was just zoned in.

Good stuff, for sure. :box:

Overall, not as strong as Hot Rox Extreme, but they are not exactly in the same category. Hot Rox is better suited for fat loss due to appetite suppression and lipolytic activity, while I think RPM's fat loss effects are due to the energy and focus it gives which results in a lot of energy expenditure.

dhuge67

dhuge67

Awards
  • Established
Just thought I'd throw this out there....

So I was thinking about my training yesterday and decided to just write out 2 categories of exercises; one category made up of exercises to base a training day off of, and one category made up of exercises to throw in when and if possible.

My lists are:

A-Exercises (perform 2-4 per workout)
1. Deadlifts
2. Squats
3. Bench Press
4. Overhead Presses
5. Pull Ups
6. Rows
7. Incline Presses
8. Dips/Decline Presses
9. Lunges
10. Snatches
11. Pull Downs
12. Complexes
13. Leg Press
14. Push Ups

B-Exercises (3 per training day)
1. Hamstring exercises
2. Curl variations
3. Ab Exercises
4. Arm raises (front, side, etc)
5. Grip training
6. Calf exercises
7. Tricep Exercises
8. Band exercises
9. Trap exercises

dhuge67

dhuge67

Awards
  • Established
I did legs and some back yesterday. By legs I mean squats and by back I mean pull ups and t-bar rows...a lot of them.

IGF-2 Pumps are getting almost out of control and I'm finding that it does one unexpected but great thing; my mind-muscle connection seems better right now, as if I'm able to feel the working muscle during a movement. I know this is true, since i'm getting more localized pumps during the workout, which continues through the day and then I'm really sore in those locations the next day.

****...I did add in RPM a couple days ago....maybe that's part of the increase in pump/mind-muscle connection? Whatever the case, great stack so far.

dhuge67

dhuge67

Awards
  • Established
Shoulders/Arms

*excellent workout, nobody to hassle or interrupt me at the gym...

Standing BB military press - 135x8, 145x6, 155x5, 140x5, 135x5
Seated DB shoulder press - 150x5, 150x5, 140x5
Curl + Reverse grip overhead press - 85x5, 85x5, 85x5 followed by 35 lb curls to failure
Hammer Curls - 40x6, 40x6, 35x8
BW Pull Ups - 10, 7, 7
BW Dips - 20, 15, 10
Machine overhead press - 150x8 rest 10 sec, 150x4, rest 10 sec, 150x2

Fin!

dhuge67

dhuge67

Awards
  • Established
150lb DB's Shoulder presses????

Dood that is 300lbs over head!!!!!!!!!
lol My bad, those numbers are total weight not individual DBs.

Most I've ever done overhead is 180 lbs at a body weight of 185...

dhuge67

dhuge67

Awards
  • Established
181 lbs this morning and I'm wearing a pair of pants that didn't fit me a week ago (thanks Epistane bulk!).

dhuge67

dhuge67

Awards
  • Established
Hardness is getting out of control and very awesome. I notice it especially in my biceps (which has been a body part that I'm trying to improve, specifically).

Today's Workout
50 body weight pull ups - 5 reps every 30 seconds (25 chins/25 pull ups)

Squats - 6x6
6x155, 6x199, 6x221, 6x221, 6x199, 6x155

Seated DB Shoulder Press - 6x4
worked up to 150 lbs and did 6 sets of 4x150 (75 lb DBs)

Neutral Grip Pull Ups - 3 sets of 8 reps
Bodyweight

Lunges - 4x12 with 55 lbs held overhead

Note:I perform total body-type workouts when I am short on time.

I start my senior year at Penn State University tomorrow which will cut into my ability to post as much, but I'll do my best to record my thoughts/experiences as the bottle of IGF-2 dwindles (sadly). My training will not suffer due to school, as I make training as much of a priority as attending classes.

dhuge67

dhuge67

Awards
  • Established
Cardio (heavy bag), bodyweight exercises -- active recovery day.

Feeling good, leaner but weighing more. I'm definitely leaner and closer to 10% body fat than before I began the cycle of IGF-2, but my weight has not dropped all that drastically. -3 or -5 lbs so far and strength is stable.

Tomorrow is a carb-up day and I will perform a CNS-blowing routine. Can't wait. Squats + other heavy ****.

dhuge67

dhuge67

Awards
  • Established
IGF-2 impressions through more than half of the bottle:

-Muscles are just so much more firm and less flat than before, even on a carb cycling diet where 4/7 days of the week are pretty low in carbs.

-Strength gains are being made without weight going up, and even while my bodyweight has decreased 5 lbs during this recomp/cut, strengh is stable or going up. Huge in my book. I CARE about strength, even though looking good is my #2 goal after strength. All show and no go is not for me, since i'm just not pretty enough to do that anyway. lol

-I know this sounds superficial, but I LIKE the way my biceps look right now. Fuller. Harder. More easily pumped during a workout.

-I don't quite have the Alpha Male mentality like I've had while on a PH or Biotest's Alpha Male, but it still seems to provide a good "in-the-zone" sort of mindset.

Cons

-None to speak of really. No bad sides (zero bad side effects) or anything. IGF-2 isn't a PH, but it isn't meant to be. It's a nice bridging product though, for sure.

I'd imagine an incredible stack would be Drive, IGF-2, and RPM.

Wow

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
Good detail man. Thanks! I am glad the product is working so well for you!

And yes...... Drive, IGF-2 and RPM would be an amazing stack! I plan on using it for contest prep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dhuge67

dhuge67

Awards
  • Established
New Rules of Lifting by Alwyn Cosgrove and Lou Schuller

I've just finished reading The New Rules of Lifting and will be applying periodization protocols to my workouts from now on. It just makes sense and with my style of lifting (a slight bit more emphasis on strength than size), it should be a nice fit.

I'll keep this log current with my training and Applied Nutriceuticals supplementation info.

IGF-2 has about 2 weeks remaining, but I do have an untapped bottle of RPM waiting so I'll probably at least extend this log through that bottle.

Dhuge

dhuge67

dhuge67

Awards
  • Established
ME (max effort) Bench Day with supporting movments

Bench: 2 waves of sets of 3, 2, and 1 rep

Set 1 of Wave 1 - 3 reps at 230
Set 2 of Wave 1 - 2 reps at 245
Set 3 of Wave 1 - 1 rep at 250

Set 1 of Wave 2 - 3 reps at 235
Set 2 of Wave 2 - 2 reps at 250
Set 3 of Wave 2 - 1 rep at 255

Tricep Pressdowns - 3x8

Decline Tricep Extensions - 2x8

Tricep Dips - 3x12

Rope Seated Cable Row - 3x8

Chest Supported Row - 3x5 with one grip, 3x5 with another grip

STRENGTH IS NOW AS IT WAS DURING EPISTANE CYCLE

I love me some IGF-2 and I love me some powerlifting. LOVE IT!

To make the day even better, PSU crushed Florida International 59-0, to open the season. Next up? Notre Dame....

dhuge67

dhuge67

Awards
  • Established
Pressed 110 lb dumbbells today for 5 reps (3 sets) in the DB bench....

I'm trying to get my DB bench to equal my current 5 rep max in the BB bench (230).

HELL YEAH

dhuge67

dhuge67

Awards
  • Established
Today, deadlifts and supporting exercises. Weight: 185. Weight is being stubborn. I want it to go down and it isn't, but I don't feel fat or overweight...I'd just like to be a slightly leaner 175-180 than where I am right now.

This picture proves that I'm working hard though! lol

This pic taken immediately post-workout....

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hardness is getting out of control and very awesome. I notice it especially in my biceps (which has been a body part that I'm trying to improve, specifically).

Today's Workout
50 body weight pull ups - 5 reps every 30 seconds (25 chins/25 pull ups)

Squats - 6x6
6x155, 6x199, 6x221, 6x221, 6x199, 6x155

Seated DB Shoulder Press - 6x4
worked up to 150 lbs and did 6 sets of 4x150 (75 lb DBs)

Neutral Grip Pull Ups - 3 sets of 8 reps
Bodyweight

Lunges - 4x12 with 55 lbs held overhead

Note:I perform total body-type workouts when I am short on time.

I start my senior year at Penn State University tomorrow which will cut into my ability to post as much, but I'll do my best to record my thoughts/experiences as the bottle of IGF-2 dwindles (sadly). My training will not suffer due to school, as I make training as much of a priority as attending classes.

My cousin just graduated from PSU- she was down here this weekend- pretty cool chick :)

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Today, deadlifts and supporting exercises. Weight: 185. Weight is being stubborn. I want it to go down and it isn't, but I don't feel fat or overweight...I'd just like to be a slightly leaner 175-180 than where I am right now.

This picture proves that I'm working hard though! lol

This pic taken immediately post-workout....
niiiice- mine are pretty much ripped to shreds- you should see the bottoms of my feet from track and football :)

dhuge67

dhuge67

Awards
  • Established
Deads and supporting work

5 sets of 3 reps all at 365 lbs (light day)
Chest-Supported Row - 12, 9, 7, 5, 3, 3, 3 supersetted with pull ups
Seated DB shoulder press - 12, 10, 6, 5, 5, 4, 3 (up to 80 lb DBs, or 160 lbs above head)
Wrist straps attached to dumbbells for curls (like cable curls, but without the cable) - 3x8 and 1x6 all with 30 lb dumbbells
Hamstring curls - 3x8

dhuge67

dhuge67

Awards
  • Established
ME Bench Press

3 - 245
2 - 250
1- 260
3 - 250
2 - 260
1 - 265

dhuge67

dhuge67

Awards
  • Established
ME Squats (focus on major ATG depth)

5 x 243 lbs (25 + 20 kg on each side)
5 x 243 lbs
5 x 243 lbs
3 x 243 lbs
3 x 243 lbs
3 x 243 lbs
8 x 155 lbs (really explosive and deep)
8 x 155 lbs
8 x 155 lbs

Then did Dips:
8 x BW + 60
8 x BW + 60
7 x BW + 60
6 x BW + 60

Pull Ups:
BW x 6 reps x 3 sets
followed by rope-attached-to-Dumbbell curls (6-8 reps with 35 lbs)

Close-grip bench press
5 x 185
5 x 185
5 x 185
10 x 135
8 x 135
8 x 135

Felt good, looked like an animal (sweaty and disgusting), felt strong...

dhuge67

dhuge67

Awards
  • Established
184 lbs at last check.

I'm going to compete in a power lifting competition on October 20th, so I went from a minor cut/recomp and am now back into gaining. Trying to get lean gains as much as genetically possible.

dhuge67

dhuge67

Awards
  • Established
Taking some days off, need some recovery. Be back at it Monday night or Tuesday night.

I'm getting so many comments about how i'm looking REALLY BIG. I kinda like it...

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
184 lbs at last check.

I'm going to compete in a power lifting competition on October 20th, so I went from a minor cut/recomp and am now back into gaining. Trying to get lean gains as much as genetically possible.
Oct. 20th eh?.................................... Good timing....... ;)

dhuge67

dhuge67

Awards
  • Established
Shoulder focused upperbody and Squats

Seated DB Press: 85s x 3, 80s x 5, 80s x 5, 80s x 4, 70s x 8, 70s x 7

Squats: worked up to 5 RM, then did 4 reps with that weight, then 3, then lowered the weight and performed sets of 5 for 3 sets, then 3 sets at an 8 RM.

Pull Ups: bodyweight. Set 1: 13, Set 2: 10, Sets 3-6: 6 (24 reps)

Seated Rows (unsupported): 120 x 10, 120 x 8, 135 x 6, 120 x 6, 120 x 6, 120 x 6

Back to shoulders....

Seated DB Press: 70s x 8 then immediately 30s x 12 then immediately upright rows with rope attachment (75 lbs to failure).

FIN!

I got asked by a fellow gym rat if I wanted to work as a bouncer at The Cell Block club in downtown State College. I won't be able to, considering my other job, but it was a nice "compliment" so to speak.

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
So...I'll be popping Drive by then, right?:woohoo:

Oh, and my birthday is October 17th!
Only if you guarantee us you're gonna represent and move some big weight at the competition....................... ;)

dhuge67

dhuge67

Awards
  • Established
Only if you guarantee us you're gonna represent and move some big weight at the competition....................... ;)
Send me an AN t-shirt and I'll represent completely...and get pics to prove it! :stick:

lol

dhuge67

dhuge67

Awards
  • Established
Today was out of control

My usual dose of IGF-2 was accompanied by a nice 4-pill dose of RPM and the results were, quite frankly, outrageous.

I worked out twice, since my energy levels were just so high. I did a back workout, went home, waited about 3 hours and then went back for chest and biceps. I've probably never done as much volume in one day as I did today, and while it might not even be a "good" thing, it was something to behold.

My recovery abilities are pretty good, since my days of insane running + lifting are behind me, and with my primary focus being lifting; I can recover from lifting sessions that would fry more fragile Central Nervous Systems.

Back work included: deadlifts from elevation, one-arm deadlifts, chest-supported rows, weighted pull ups, and t-bar rows with a towel.

Chest work included: DB bench presses, cable flies. I performed some heavy sets of 3 and 2, then went to hypertrophy sets. I lifted as much as 240 lbs (120 lb DBs in each hand for 3 reps). Hypertropy sets were in the 8-11 rep range, with no lighter than 80 lb dumbbells (160 lbs).

Biceps work included: Straight bar preacher curls, cable curls, DB strap-attached curls, and I'll say that pull ups also worked the biceps.

Crazy workout(s) today!!

dhuge67

dhuge67

Awards
  • Established
Also of note: I wasn't "scheduled" to bench again until AT LEAST tomorrow evening. Oh well, **** that. I like high frequency.

dhuge67

dhuge67

Awards
  • Established
Last day of IGF-2 will be tomorrow and it also happens to be my deadlifting day.

Looks like my luck (or IGF-2) has run out, but at least it's occurring on a day in which I will be doing wild DEADS.

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
Reinforcements are coming Big man! Sorry we couldn't get them there sooner!

dhuge67

dhuge67

Awards
  • Established
Reinforcements are coming Big man! Sorry we couldn't get them there sooner!
Schweeet. I did order some more RPM. I just can't afford EVERY supplement, but AN currently has me on the hook for RPM. I'd say that IGF-2 is worth it for a short bridge, but not a long-term, "always on" sort of thing like RPM.

I'm curious about Drive, however, I just dropped close to $200 on supplements (including Superdrol NG), so I won't be buying stuff for a good while.

Drive is on my "to use" list, though.

dhuge67

dhuge67

Awards
  • Established
Back in business!
I received another bottle of IGF-2 along with RPM (which I also bought on my own) and will begin using today.

A huge thanks to AN for allowing me to log these products for them. More importantly, I believe that these products deliver results and are helping me to achieve my strength/size goals (in that order).

This log will continue until further notice!

Dhuge, back in business.

saltydogg87

Awards
Back in business!
I received another bottle of IGF-2 along with RPM (which I also bought on my own) and will begin using today.

A huge thanks to AN for allowing me to log these products for them. More importantly, I believe that these products deliver results and are helping me to achieve my strength/size goals (in that order).

This log will continue until further notice!

Dhuge, back in business.
I'm also doing the IGF /RPM stack . 2 weeks into it and loving it so far. Congrats on the your results Dhuge ,Ive been following along so I can kinda compare my results to yours.

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
Dhuge is about to win us a powerlifting competition.... step back and give the man some room.................... ;)

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
coudl you throw together a small summary since you just finished a bottle of igf2 and rpm i think

dhuge67

dhuge67

Awards
  • Established
Deads

Can you say 5 reps at 455 lbs? My hands look SCREWED UP. I was bleeding all over the bar, seriously. :aargh:

dhuge67

dhuge67

Awards
  • Established
coudl you throw together a small summary since you just finished a bottle of igf2 and rpm i think
What would you like to know? I gave a bit of a summary a page back, I think, listing pros and cons.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
AwakeningAlpha Anabolics 0
SatishOG IGF-1/GH 0
tobias Sherman IGF-1/GH 16
IGF-1/GH 2
Anabolics 1