DHEAs what's the scoop.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So looking into different DHEA based supplements. What is the difference between the different types. Currently using a TEST booster which includes some 7 oxo which I understand is basically arimistane. Doesn't affect free or total test and acts to reduce estrogen conversion (depending on which studies you read).

I also have dermacrine which is a DHEA based topical cream which can cause mild suppression and allegedly makes you feel better on cycle. (Doesn't work for me).

Then there is epiandro that according to write ups is also a DHEA based prohormone.

Can anyone explain the differences between these?

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
So looking into different DHEA based supplements. What is the difference between the different types. Currently using a TEST booster which includes some 7 oxo which I understand is basically arimistane. Doesn't affect free or total test and acts to reduce estrogen conversion (depending on which studies you read).

I also have dermacrine which is a DHEA based topical cream which can cause mild suppression and allegedly makes you feel better on cycle. (Doesn't work for me).

Then there is epiandro that according to write ups is also a DHEA based prohormone.

Can anyone explain the differences between these?
Don't look at them as a group.
They are all different compounds. Just look at each one the same way you look at any individual compound.

.... If you're looking for an explanation of each one that you mentioned, I'm sure someone will help you out shortly.
(If you don't get an answer, send me a message tomorrow sometime, and I'll try to hook you up).
(y)

Last edited:
Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Don't look at them as a group.
They are all different compounds. Just look at each one the same way you look at any individual compound.

.... If you're looking for an explanation of each one that you mentioned, I'm sure someone will help you out shortly.
(If you don't get an answer, send me a message tomorrow sometime, and I'll try to hook you up).
(y)
So these are all derivatives of DHEA? Kind of like how most prohormones and steroids are derivatives of testosterone but not actual test?

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
So these are all derivatives of DHEA? Kind of like how most prohormones and steroids are derivatives of testosterone but not actual test?
Yeah pretty much. DHEA is a hormone, so if you modify the molecular structure, you get some interesting effects. Arimistane is based on DHEA but somehow affects aromatase enzymes. Regular DHEA is an endogenous hormone, but can also convert to testosterone. All the “andros” are basically modified to convert to active hormones more easily. 4 andro is 4 DHEA which converts to test more easily. Epi andro I think is 5a reduced which helps it convert to DHT more easily.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
A lot of info around the forum about the DHEAs aka Andros. But shortly;

DHEA has it's own benefits and can convert to enstrogen and I guess to test too to some degree. Natural DHEA levels start to drop as we age and supplementing with DHEA can increase mood, energy, libido, etc. The reason it's added to a suppressive cycle, is it's abality to convert to sex hormones, mainly to estrogen. So in those situations it making you feel better on cycle is more due to having estro in your system, than of DHEA's own effects. And that can make a big difference.

4-DHEA is a two step PH to estro and test. Better product to run alongside suppressive anabolics, than DHEA, typically.

Epiandrosterone converts to DHT and can increase energy, mood, libido, strenght, hardening.

Androsterone converts to DHT as well and has some of the same effects, as Epiandro, but whereas Epiandro is more in your face and can induce restlesness or anxiety to some users, Androsterone can have a calming effect. But that also makes it not so energy increasing. That's one of the reasons some like to stack them.

1-DHEA is the most anabolic out of them. It's a two step PH to 1-test. Doesn't aromatize or convert to other sex hormones.

I don't think 7-oxo and arimistane are much a like. 7-oxo's main desired effect is increased metabolism. I think it can lower cortisol to some degree (like Arimistane), but to my knowledge the cort control effect is mild. 7-oxo does not have AI properties (or at least I've never thought so).

Last edited:

kelechi

Awards
  • First Up Vote
A lot of info around the forum about the DHEAs aka Andros. But shortly;

DHEA has it's own benefits and can convert to enstrogen and I guess to test too to some degree. Natural DHEA levels start to drop as we age and supplementing with DHEA can increase mood, energy, libido, etc. The reason it's added to a suppressive cycle, is it's abality to convert to sex hormones, mainly to estrogen. So in those situations it making you feel better on cycle is more due to having estro in your system, than of DHEA's own effects. And that can make a big difference.

4-DHEA is a two step PH to estro and test. Better product to run alongside suppressive anabolics, than DHEA, typically.

Epiandrosterone converts to DHT and can increase energy, mood, libido, strenght, hardening.

Androsterone converts to DHT as well and has some of the same effects, as Epiandro, but whereas Epiandro is more in your face and can induce restlesness or anxiety to some users, Androsterone can have a calming effect. But that also makes it not so energy increasing. That's one of the reasons some like to stack them.

1-DHEA is the most anabolic out of them. It's a two step PH to 1-test. Doesn't aromatize or convert to other sex hormones.

I don't think 7-oxo and arimistane are much a like. 7-oxo's main desired effect is increased metabolism. I think it can lower cortisol to some degree (like Arimistane), but to my knowledge the cort control effect is mild. 7-oxo does not have AI properties (or at least I've never thought so).
Good info. Which of these compounds are suppressive/require PCT?

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Good info. Which of these compounds are suppressive/require PCT?
The DHEAs are all suppressive to some degree (7-oxo and Arimistane are not). About PCT; this will just be how I see it.

First of all only bloodwork would tell, if and how badly you're suppressed.

But DHEA I would personally be comfortable running without any PCT (and have). If using for long time and at a high dose, risk of suppression will increase.

Epiandro and Androsterone are on the fence products for me. If ran at lowish dose and not several months, either solo or just these two stacked, many could likely be just fine without a PCT or with some OTC boosters after the run, but confirming via blood test would be advised. Or to run a SERM PCT just in case.

4-Andro I don't see sense in running solo, you'd be more or less just replacing your natural test and estro with it. If it doesn't bring enough test&estro conversion to warrant a PCT, then it didn't bring any benefits either (when ran solo). When added to a stack, it will add to suppression and in those cases a SERM PCT would be recommended.

1-Andro for sure warrants a SERM PCT, imo.

tstrogo93

Awards
Isn't 7 oxo the precursor to 11 keto test?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 5
Anabolics 0
Anabolics 44
Supplements 1
Anabolics 2