Unanswered Dhea question

AndShane

Awards
  • Established
Dhea is super low since starting trt. However I believe it was somewhat Low before. Been taking some dhea and gives me headaches and brain fog. Might be the brand. Anyone who supplements please let me know what brand and dose. Also what side effects come with low dhea and what dose do you take?

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
buy a brand that allows you to dose 25 mgs per dose.. you can probably get away with 25 per day and still reap some benefits with out any side effects.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I take Swanson Health 100mg 2x per day.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
If just for HRT purposes they make a 5mg sublingual dhea tablet that’s supposed to work nicely for the numbers.

AndShane

Awards
  • Established
Yes. It’s like 46 on the blood test. So pretty low. Before trt was 150-200, which isn’t really super high either. I took one brand and it seemed to give me headaches. Just not sure if it’s the brand or dhea or me. Etc.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Really depends on yourself and how much you take. 200mg does not touch my TT/FT level for the negative. It does raise my E2 to upper limit normal, though.

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Maybe try a transdermal DHEA?

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Iconic Formulations have a product called "Neuro Stack" which is transdermal dhea and transdermal pregnenolone (each in a bottle). One full dropper is 100mg for the dhea and 50mg for preg. It's quite easy to meter the dose this way (you won't need 100mg per day, 25 would probably be ideal), and it's a great product for restoring dhea levels.

AndShane

Awards
  • Established
So what is dosage of 1 pump of Dermacrine. Dhea amount? Also any side effects of demarcrune? Like feeling hot? Can’t sleep? Headaches? Heard all of them but trying keep dose low as I need dhea blood work up a little. On trt

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I cannot take DHEA as I tend to break out even at low doses and it increases my e2 pretty quickly. I have much better luck with pregnenolone as it increases DHEA, and progesterone as well. Might want to look into that a bit.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
So what is dosage of 1 pump of Dermacrine. Dhea amount? Also any side effects of demarcrune? Like feeling hot? Can’t sleep? Headaches? Heard all of them but trying keep dose low as I need dhea blood work up a little. On trt
I haven't used it in years, but it was a feel-good product for me.
No sides.

BamBam54

BamBam54

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Dermacrine did not give me headaches or any new or worse sleep problems. Can't think of any sides at 3 pumps (197lbs).

I have been getting light headed (low blood pressure) midway into workouts. But that could be from anything really as I generally run low BP. Dermacrine runs out for me tomorrow though, so maybe I may notice some change.

AndShane

Awards
  • Established
Has demarcine actually shown to increase dhea on blood work? I guess I need for blood work purposes, not to abuse. Maybe better off taking just dhea since I need to be on long term?

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Has demarcine actually shown to increase dhea on blood work? I guess I need for blood work purposes, not to abuse. Maybe better off taking just dhea since I need to be on long term?
I don't think anyone here was suggesting that you abuse it.
We can all look for Dermacrine labs ... This new search feature here doesn't work nearly as well for me.