Unanswered Dhea a must on trt?

AndShane

Awards
  • Established
So since starting trt at .5 twice weekly and using .25 arimidex twice week it seems to work and labs prove it. Total is around 1200 and e2 is 38 or so.
Question is the dhea is low since I’ve started trt however I’m using hcg as well. Do I need to supplement dhea? I’ve tried and it seems to make me feel like ****. Higher BP and very different feeling. Just doesn’t seem to work for me but just seeing if I need it since I’m on hcg

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
So since starting trt at .5 twice weekly and using .25 arimidex twice week it seems to work and labs prove it. Total is around 1200 and e2 is 38 or so.
Question is the dhea is low since I’ve started trt however I’m using hcg as well. Do I need to supplement dhea? I’ve tried and it seems to make me feel like ****. Higher BP and very different feeling. Just doesn’t seem to work for me but just seeing if I need it since I’m on hcg
Is your TRT Dr prescribed? If so, ask him.
BTW, .5 doesn't tell us how much Test you're on. Those #s should be in mgs.

AndShane

Awards
  • Established
Is your TRT Dr prescribed? If so, ask him.
BTW, .5 doesn't tell us how much Test you're on. Those #s should be in mgs.
They would like me to be on it but getting science behind it. 200 mg week

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
They would like me to be on it but getting science behind it. 200 mg week
It probably depends partly upon what your DHEA #s are, but it doesn't sound like it is healthier for you to be supplementing your DHEA to me.

However, I'm not on TRT. Maybe some TRT guys will comment.

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I find DHEA useful but hCG also stimulates the adrenals to produce more. I'd add hCG, do blood work, and then decide if you need it.

edit- I read that as you adding hCG. I'd start with 50mg DHEA daily and then evaluate. I've used up to 100mg 2 x daily with good results.

Last edited:
Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I find DHEA useful but hCG also stimulates the adrenals to produce more. I'd add hCG, do blood work, and then decide if you need it.
He said he's on hcg.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
dermacrine always gives me a nice boost...been on trt for 10+ years.

the topical dhea/pregnenolone combo is also a option.