Detoxing off caffeine and caffeine withdrawals

50Magnum

50Magnum

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So has anyone replaced caffeine/pre workouts with other stimulants when taking a break? Like Kratom, adderall,nictotine ritalin, phenylpiracetam or modafinil; or do you just go off stimulants completely. These drugs I listed out I know work on diff receptors than caffeine, I believe more on dopamine where caffeine is an adenosine antagonist. But if they all somehow affect your central nervous system in some way, would you really be giving your body a break if you replace these drugs that affect the CNS just like caffeine?

I used to take 1 week breaks, a little while back using adderall or vyvanse for the weeks I came off preworkouts/caffeine to clear my receptors. And to be honest I think it was better off just coming off stimulants completely; because when I tried preworkouts/caffeine the week after it didn't really hit me as hard like it used to.

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Glaxon makes C-Tox if you need help taking a break from caffeine. I stopped trying to take caffeine breaks after having kids. I just limit caffeine 200-600mg daily so I still feel a caffeine tab hit me pretty good.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Glaxon makes C-Tox if you need help taking a break from caffeine. I stopped trying to take caffeine breaks after having kids. I just limit caffeine 200-600mg daily so I still feel a caffeine tab hit me pretty good.
Same. Keep it moderate and I feel pretty good overall.

50Magnum

50Magnum

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
200-600 daily is ur limited dose?? thats more than I was taking, Im detoxing from taking 200-300mg of caffeine 6 times a week. When I go back on I plan on just using it a few days a week during my workouts.

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah, I go up to 600 on the weekends when running around with the family. For workouts I use 200-350 depending if it's cardio or weights and the pwo I have on hand. And some work days I add in 100 in the morning or afternoons depending on energy levels.

You shouldn't experience bad withdrawal symptoms if you are only taking that much caffeine daily. I would just have bad lethargy doing caffeine breaks.

50Magnum

50Magnum

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, I go up to 600 on the weekends when running around with the family. For workouts I use 200-350 depending if it's cardio or weights and the pwo I have on hand. And some work days I add in 100 in the morning or afternoons depending on energy levels.

You shouldn't experience bad withdrawal symptoms if you are only taking that much caffeine daily. I would just have bad lethargy doing caffeine breaks.
Its just hard for me to get up early when I dont have stimulants esp when I work out in the morning. I have been using non stim pre workouts and nootropics to push through. I still have itch to drink caffeine and its the 7th day now, Ive been using caffeine/stimulants for probably 6 years straight now, I would do 1 week breaks but in place of caffeine I would use other stimulants like adderall/vyvanse and kratom, this is the first time I've been detoxing from other CNS stimulants.

Fly_boy

Fly_boy

Awards
For me, I have to taper down caffeine dosage over a couple of days to keep from getting major headaches. Then I get off all stims completely for AT LEAST a week. I find my sleep improves with less brain fog in the morning while off caffeine. I LOVE coffee so I don’t do this often.

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Its just hard for me to get up early when I dont have stimulants esp when I work out in the morning. I have been using non stim pre workouts and nootropics to push through. I still have itch to drink caffeine and its the 7th day now, Ive been using caffeine/stimulants for probably 6 years straight now, I would do 1 week breaks but in place of caffeine I would use other stimulants like adderall/vyvanse and kratom, this is the first time I've been detoxing from other CNS stimulants.
I used to do a 2 week stim break and the first week is definitely rough. The second week was a little more manageable but the itch to have caffeine is always there for sure! AM workouts no doubt suck with no caffeine. I feel for you!!

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I find my sleep improves
This is one big benefit of no caffeine! I even find a difference in sleep between cutting off my caffeine before noon and having that afternoon caffeine hit.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
200-600 daily is ur limited dose?? thats more than I was taking, Im detoxing from taking 200-300mg of caffeine 6 times a week. When I go back on I plan on just using it a few days a week during my workouts.
Interesting that you feel the need to detox of caffeine with such a low daily intake. Do you mind explaining why you feel it necessary?

50Magnum

50Magnum

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Interesting that you feel the need to detox of caffeine with such a low daily intake. Do you mind explaining why you feel it necessary?
I dont think its a low intake for me, because I was able to chug 1 bang energy drink preworkout and not even really feel it, moreso something that can just wake me up in the morning. On top of me throwing in some dmaa once in a while with a preworkout or when I had ephedrine. I couldn't really feel the effects of caffeine anymore which is why I need to detox. I just don't like being dependent on things on top of my work schedule and daily routine I was getting too dependent on caffeine, if I didn't have it, its like I cant even function. 300 isnt much for most people, and in America people drink 5-6 cups a day; but for me I drink most of my caffeine intake in the morning and then sometimes have a lil in the afternoon to keep me up.

I don't know how people do 600mgs a day, I used to take in upwards of 400-600mg a day doing an ECA stack, and same thing after 1 month in I could not even feel ****, and then when I was off it I had severe headaches, and this was from 2 months of usage, I cant even imagine doing this much for years like most people. I've never been addicted to drugs before, but caffeine is almost something that is a necessity for me, so I def need a detox to reset my receptors.

Last edited:
rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I don't know how people do 600mgs a day,
It's pretty easy for me to hit 600 on the weekends. I workout first thing in the morning then. 300 at about 7am. Then spread the next 300 between 12-3 when I'm trying to keep up with the kids.

On work days, my workouts start between 11-12. If I get a decent amount of sleep, I can make it to my pwo caffeine hit then be set the rest of the day.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I dont think its a low intake for me, because I was able to chug 1 bang energy drink preworkout and not even really feel it, moreso something that can just wake me up in the morning. On top of me throwing in some dmaa once in a while with a preworkout or when I had ephedrine. I couldn't really feel the effects of caffeine anymore which is why I need to detox. I just don't like being dependent on things on top of my work schedule and daily routine I was getting too dependent on caffeine, if I didn't have it, its like I cant even function. 300 isnt much for most people, and in America people drink 5-6 cups a day; but for me I drink most of my caffeine intake in the morning and then sometimes have a lil in the afternoon to keep me up.

I don't know how people do 600mgs a day, I used to take in upwards of 400-600mg a day doing an ECA stack, and same thing after 1 month in I could not even feel ****, and then when I was off it I had severe headaches, and this was from 2 months of usage, I cant even imagine doing this much for years like most people. I've never been addicted to drugs before, but caffeine is almost something that is a necessity for me, so I def need a detox to reset my receptors.
you might be confusing the effects of other stimulants with high caffeine dose. you can hit 500mg with two cups of coffee

mechka_grizli

mechka_grizli

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
you might be confusing the effects of other stimulants with high caffeine dose. you can hit 500mg with two cups of coffee
What kind of coffee you drinking Kronic? Even with a shot of expresso in both cups, ull only be in the 360-400 range

50Magnum

50Magnum

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
2 8 oz cups of coffee how? Starbucks grande is like 16 oz and thats about 200-300mg of caffeine.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
mixed in
This is THE ONLY decaf coffee I have EVER had that you simply cannot tell the difference. The beans are super oily and rich, not that dried out garbage every other decaf I have ever tried was. Toss in a couple of these:
or this stuff

I basically pivot to adaptogens/nootropics and there is some trace caffeine in the chocolate powder but not much. You can also cut the coffee 50/50 with non-decaf and do a taper to avoid headaches if need be.

Focus XT Caffeine Free is also a great option.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Just my 2 cents, I was at about 1000-1500mg caffeine almost daily for a year, a 12 cup pot per day lol, started doing half caf coffees to cut the numbe in half, then tried decaf only and no bullshit, every day like clockwork I would feel sick and have a headache in the early afternoon.

Now I limit to 300-600 most days and have some lower days, but if you want a real caffeine detox, you need zero caffeine. It only takes about a week and you will get past it and caffeine sensitivity will come back very quickly

50Magnum

50Magnum

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
yea I went three weeks no caffeine, I did take nootropics, some kratom and non stim preworkouts for those weeks. Im back on now, but I don't feel that super rush of energy from drinking my first cup of coffee. My receptors must still be slightly shot.