Desperately Need Help!

eazy90

Awards
So here's a little background info on me first:
I'm 18 years old 6'0" 148 lbs. I've been lifting for about 3 years now, but have taken it seriously for about a year and 1/2.

When I was younger (8-11 years old) I was the fat kid. Standing in at 4'10" 160 lbs I realized I needed to lose weight. I eventually took up basketball and began exercising daily and watched what i ate.

That was all fine and dandy until I reached high school where basketball becomes much more competitive and weigh lifting was a necessity. The problem? I'm unable to increase my strength and size. For instance I'm stuck at an incredibly low 140 lb bench max and have been for the past few months which needless to say doesn't cut it when you're going up against 6'8" 180+ kids who can jump over the backboard.

I've used a variety of supplements such as creatine, whey, NO2, NO-Xplode, etc. and even dipped into PH's when I was ignorant about what they could do to me before I read up on them on these boards. None of which have significantly helped me in any way.

Now, I know everyone around here says "You need to eat to get big! Up your caloric intake." Which is another problem I have. Ever since I dropped all that weight when I was younger, I don't have the appetite to eat enough. Once my stomach is full, I just cannot seem to force more food down. Which is really hindering my progress.

So my question to you guys is this:

How can I increase my appetite whether it be naturally or via supplements? and What do I have to do to get "SWOLE?" (as this kids in my high school say)

Thanks for all your help!

eazy90

Awards
Repeat every 3-4 hours up to 6-8x/day.
I guess I should have clarified a bit more on that. Once I get my stomach full, It stays that way for a long period of time. For instance, I eat lunch at school around 12:45 where say I get a chicken salad and wrap that will keep my stomach full until about 7:00 which is dinner time.

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Maybe give digestive enzymes a try. It will help you digest the food quicker and move it along, emptying your stomach sooner.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It doesn't keep your stomach full.

What do you eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner? If you are like most kids you have no breakfast, or a poor one. Then eat luchroom junk at school. Then eat moms dinner at dinner time. Right or wrong?

You need to eat even when you are not hungry.

6:00AM: Breakfast
9:00AM: Snack Meal
12:00PM: Lunch
3:00PM: Snack Meal
6:00PM: Dinner
9:00PM: Snack Meal

There is no "I have no appetite" ;)

eazy90

Awards
Maybe give digestive enzymes a try. It will help you digest the food quicker and move it along, emptying your stomach sooner.
Any supplement suggestions?

I was reading about "Black hole" by controlled labs, but the fact that it has properties found in marijuana made me a little nervous. I don't want to be going to school high :icon_lol:

eazy90

Awards
It doesn't keep your stomach full.

What do you eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner? If you are like most kids you have no breakfast, or a poor one. Then eat luchroom junk at school. Then eat moms dinner at dinner time. Right or wrong?

You need to eat even when you are not hungry.

6:00AM: Breakfast
9:00AM: Snack Meal
12:00PM: Lunch
3:00PM: Snack Meal
6:00PM: Dinner
9:00PM: Snack Meal

There is no "I have no appetite" ;)
You're right about breakfast, I do eat a poor one. Probably so poor that I might as well not even eat. As for lunch I get a chicken salad along with a Gatorade or water. And dinner consists of what ever happens to be on the table (usually some form of meat, veggies, and starch) followed by a shake.

What would you suggest for breakfast and the "snack meals?"

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
I don't know much about Black Hole, except it is supposed to make you hungry. Don't know if it contains digestive enzymes or not. I use NOW brand Super Enzymes. There is another from NOW (cant remember the name) that contains Betaine that also works well.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I hate to say this, but if you're having that hard of a time just getting calories in from your meals, maybe try eating meals with more calorie dense foods and less bulk.

You may also want to look into making your own meal replacement shakes to get more calories in that way if you really can't stomach more whole food.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You're right about breakfast, I do eat a poor one. Probably so poor that I might as well not even eat. As for lunch I get a chicken salad along with a Gatorade or water. And dinner consists of what ever happens to be on the table (usually some form of meat, veggies, and starch) followed by a shake.

What would you suggest for breakfast and the "snack meals?"
This is not uncommon for most school aged kids. My son does the same thing.

Big Boy Breakfast: 2 whole eggs, 6 egg white scrambled (or get some egg beaters if you are too lazy), 1 cup of oatmeal (plain not sugared, in 1-2 cups of water in the micro), 12-16oz of skim or low fat milk.

Snacks: I don't know what your school's policy is for outside food -- maybe you could get a small shaker bottle and protein powder and put it in your back pack or locker. Maybe some granola bars or even a jar of peanut butter.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

Big Boy Breakfast: 2 whole eggs, 6 egg white scrambled (or get some egg beaters if you are too lazy), 1 cup of oatmeal (plain not sugared, in 1-2 cups of water in the micro), 12-16oz of skim or low fat milk.

Snacks: I don't know what your school's policy is for outside food -- maybe you could get a small shaker bottle and protein powder and put it in your back pack or locker. Maybe some granola bars or even a jar of peanut butter.
Good suggestions, B.

If you can get a shaker and protein in without problems, I'd suggest a carb replacement like SuperCarb as an addition to that for the extra, low-GI CHO, calories.

eazy90

Awards

School's pretty lenient on outside food as long as it's nothing crazy and in like pill-form. I could probably get some protein into my locker.

That breakfast sounds good! Can't wait to see if I can fit it in the gut haha

Thanks for your help hopefully I can eventually look like this :bb3: haha

BTW does anyone know anything about Black Hole?