Desensitized to my HRT from Steroid Use? Dopamine Withdrawal?

monsterbox

monsterbox

Awards
  • Established
Hello everyone,

Im 24 yrs old. I went on TRT for secondary hypogondadism at the age of 19. Started at 300ng/dl, TRT put me at 1,000ng/dl

At 19yrs old on 150mg/daily cream based HRT:
1000ng/nl total
Top of range free t
shbg - 15
ultra sensitive estradiol - 23
Thyroid always in range

My hrt cream has always made me feel great. Iv always needed very little arimidex. The DHT from the cream put me at 3x the range and gave me a really nice well-being and sex drive.

At 21yrs old I got into steroids, using my excuse of not needing a PCT since being on HRT.

For the past 2 years, I have run 700-1000mg/testosterone and 700mg masteron PER WEEK. For 2 years straight, cycling DBOL/Anavar on top. My body has changed dramatically and I've won state competitions.

However, I have decided I'm done with the steroids abuse. I just want my life back. As of 14 days ago, I ceased all steroids and returned to my HRT.

I am now experiencing anhedonia and extremely low sex drive. In otherwords, I feel like I have very low dopamine levels. I crave nicotine, I dont sleep well, I can't feel any happiness or motivation. It feels WORSE then PCT. And my sex drive was at first non-existant, now its just extremely low desrie and very long refractory period.

Is it possible that I'm experiencing Dopamine withdrawal symptoms? Is this recoverable? What do you guys anticipate?

I didn't realize that higher levels of androgens could actually spoil ur reward system from a sexual standpoint.

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hmm interesting subbed for an expert answer so why are you done bro? Don't like the life style? So running such high dosages that long I take it your gains didn't really ever cease?

Mack411

Mack411

Awards
Subbed for learning!

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Hello everyone,

Im 24 yrs old. I went on TRT for secondary hypogondadism at the age of 19. Started at 300ng/dl, TRT put me at 1,000ng/dl

At 19yrs old on 150mg/daily cream based HRT:
1000ng/nl total
Top of range free t
shbg - 15
ultra sensitive estradiol - 23
Thyroid always in range

My hrt cream has always made me feel great. Iv always needed very little arimidex. The DHT from the cream put me at 3x the range and gave me a really nice well-being and sex drive.

At 21yrs old I got into steroids, using my excuse of not needing a PCT since being on HRT.

For the past 2 years, I have run 700-1000mg/testosterone and 700mg masteron PER WEEK. For 2 years straight, cycling DBOL/Anavar on top. My body has changed dramatically and I've won state competitions.

However, I have decided I'm done with the steroids abuse. I just want my life back. As of 14 days ago, I ceased all steroids and returned to my HRT.

I am now experiencing anhedonia and extremely low sex drive. In otherwords, I feel like I have very low dopamine levels. I crave nicotine, I dont sleep well, I can't feel any happiness or motivation. It feels WORSE then PCT. And my sex drive was at first non-existant, now its just extremely low desrie and very long refractory period.

Is it possible that I'm experiencing Dopamine withdrawal symptoms? Is this recoverable? What do you guys anticipate?

I didn't realize that higher levels of androgens could actually spoil ur reward system from a sexual standpoint.
Probably have DRD2 gene which most people I find in your situation have. The combination between neurotransmitter urine and 23andme would probably give you the information you are looking for. If you need assistance feel free to PM

hebsie

Awards
Probably have DRD2 gene which most people I find in your situation have. The combination between neurotransmitter urine and 23andme would probably give you the information you are looking for. If you need assistance feel free to PM
...did you mean to say "Probably have DRD2 gene variant Taq1A A1 allele"

Interesting thing, according to 23andme I am homozygous for the Taq1A A2 allele (A2/A2), and studies show that I should respond very well to bupropion.

Fifteen years ago I used bupropion to quit smoking and was 100% successful, with zero relapses since. Hmmmmm, this 23andme testing is looking more and more valuable by the day...hebs

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
...did you mean to say "Probably have DRD2 gene variant Taq1A A1 allele"

Interesting thing, according to 23andme I am homozygous for the Taq1A A2 allele (A2/A2), and studies show that I should respond very well to bupropion.

Fifteen years ago I used bupropion to quit smoking and was 100% successful, with zero relapses since. Hmmmmm, this 23andme testing is looking more and more valuable by the day...hebs
You.just have to.know how to.read it :)
Then break it down.
I look at close to 200. different genes once I get them all.updated. Genetic genie takes one so far.
Knowing what to do.is the challenge
I am.using it with.many psychiatrists and clinics world wide to.help doctors design better protocols for their patients..Been working very well and cutting down on number of drugs used.
Your.looking at the future of.medicine and why alot of.younger.guys are on Trt in first place.or why people are not responding.

vassille

Awards
First mistake you made is to stop cold turkey. Get back on a higher dose of test and once you feel ok again then SLOWLY taper down your dosages to hrt. This may take 1-2 months. Your body needs to adjust to these dosages and balanced itself out
It will come back

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
It is a huge drop in test doses. Quitting many compounds should be a tapering process; the longer you're on, the longer the tapering period. Bodies don't like drastic change like that.

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sub'd for info. I'm 42 this year and I've abused AAS much worse than most (7 month long cycles, etc) constantly take dopamine enhancers for more than just prolactin control (ie: sex / multiples), and yet have not experienced this. Hope you get some answers.

Last edited:

Joshinator

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How long has it been since you went back to your hrt dose?

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I tend to taper a bit at the end, but not always. If it’s a really long cycle, I’ll cruise on 500mg of test e for 2-3 months after then drop back down after that.

Last edited:
Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I also use things like tianeptine after a cycle to boost mood, although, not anymore. Really hard to get. The only thing that ever took me really long to recover from mentally and sexually was deca. NPP was totally fine.

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sounds terrible.. I'm sure your body can heal with time and the proper help

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sounds terrible.. I'm sure your body can heal with time and the proper help

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Was doing some research today and find this relevant link on the long term (and short term) effects of AAS, specifically nandrolone, on the neurotransmitter system, specifically seratonin and dopamine, and recovery of these systems (as well as permanent changes):

DK0313

DK0313

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Your test levels were at super physiological levels. Essentially you feel "superhuman" taking that much. So going back down to your hrt dose isn't going to feel normal even though it is. It'll definitely take quite awhile to feel "normal" again. Your brain has a hard time forgetting feelings like that, it never forgets. I'm on trt as well and did a cycle of 500 mgs of test and 300 mgs of test, ending last September and I still don't feel "normal" definitely feel more depressed. Still have lower energy levels, and still have damn near no sex drive at all, which is honestly very frustrating. Your dopamine levels will return to normal over time you didn't destroy them using a different chemical. Cocaine and meth can actually require your brain but it still takes a very long time longer than steroid cycle for sure. However people abusing those will still have the same symptoms proceeding for awhile but eventually it'll get better for them. Just as it will with you and I.