Unanswered Deca/Test/Anavar Cycle

JUSTATHLETE

Awards
Hello,

I ve started Deca 2 wekks ago and althought i feel stronger with more strength i feel like i am getting fat also due to water retention. I dont take much salt.

Is there any way to reduce the water retention while on cycle. I have anavar on side but i dont know if it worth to add it on cycle. Its probably a waste.

My trainer says to add tren to the cycle.

What are your opinions.

JUSTATHLETE

Awards
With deca you need cabergoline or pramipexole. Arimidex is for estrogen; that won't help in your scenario.
Just checked now some info about caber for prolactin and mainly i perceived that is uses to inhibit gyno and Deca Dick.

The question now is does it help with the water retention efdect of deca?

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
With deca you need cabergoline or pramipexole. Arimidex is for estrogen; that won't help in your scenario.
you don’t NEED caber on deca. You need to have it in case. Most of the time if your estrogen is in check you won’t have any prolactin issue. People who use caber and actually don’t need it is not smart imo. I’m on 550mg NPP and as long as my E is in check my prolactin isn’t touched same for every friend I have who use deca.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
you don’t NEED caber on deca. You need to have it in case. Most of the time if your estrogen is in check you won’t have any prolactin issue. People who use caber and actually don’t need it is not smart imo. I’m on 550mg NPP and as long as my E is in check my prolactin isn’t touched same for every friend I have who use deca.
You are right. Not everyone needs to use it. You should have it on hand.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
OP, after 2 weeks deca is far from kicked in btw. Deca usually kicks in week 5-6. Also NPP (fast acting deca) is less likely to cause water retention than the longer ester.

TMloc

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Guys we gonna just ignore the fact that his trainer told him to add tren to his cycle to fix the bloat IAM assuming..Along with all the good advice these gentleman offered above i'd also question my trainers knowledge on drugs as well..just my .02cent

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Guys we gonna just ignore the fact that his trainer told him to add tren to his cycle to fix the bloat IAM assuming..Along with all the good advice these gentleman offered above i'd also question my trainers knowledge on drugs as well..just my .02cent
Oh my..

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I didn’t see this? What an absolute stupid idea to use tren to avoid water retention LMFAO... my man stay the **** away from tren at least for a couple years... there is other easy way to avoid water retention to a certain degree but you’re using deca... water retention is part of the process

DaveyCrockett

DaveyCrockett

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Rapid bulking on Deca was not my favorite look. The bloat was there, but decreased if I lowered calories and tried to bulk a little slower and cleaner.

I can't attest to this but some people will swear to you that if you drink a sh*tload of water it helps decrease water retention. Seems like a cheap experiment to try.

Don't add tren. I can't even start to unpack your trainers logic there.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
It works for me I try to drink 5liters a day and on NPP i have close to zero water retention on 400-425g of carbs a day. But it’s the faster ester and I think I’m a bit lucky regarding water retention

ItalOne

ItalOne

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
Hello,

I ve started Deca 2 wekks ago and althought i feel stronger with more strength i feel like i am getting fat also due to water retention. I dont take much salt.

Is there any way to reduce the water retention while on cycle. I have anavar on side but i dont know if it worth to add it on cycle. Its probably a waste.

What are your opinions.
Deca doesn’t kick in until week 6-7. So it’s not the Deca. How much test are you running? Sounds more like a bad diet!

Brain5ick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

What are your opinions.
Your trainer sounds like an idiot. You have questions about controlling sides and water retention and his advice is to add Tren.... another nandrolone... two weeks is wayyyyyy too early to get pretty much anything from Deca. What dose are you even at? You may not even need caber. DO NOT RUN TREN ON TOP OF IT, especially without caber. If you’re “getting fat” it’s not because of the Deca, it’s because of your food.

JUSTATHLETE

Awards
I didn’t see this? What an absolute stupid idea to use tren to avoid water retention LMFAO... my man stay the **** away from tren at least for a couple years... there is other easy way to avoid water retention to a certain degree but you’re using deca... water retention is part of the process
Sorry for not making clear earlier. I will explain Better.

I am using 500mg/week Deca for about two weeks.

I didnt add testosterone to the cycle, i decided to go only with Deca and anavar. 😏😏😏

I know these two dont stack together.

The trainer told me from the beggining to add Tren, not for the water retention issue but for the gains.

He also said that deca is great and safe compared to others but if you see no results until the middle of the cycle go add tren.

I dont blame the trainer the decision to run these stack was mine.

I also take MK677 20mg every night.

Thank you all for your replies.
Deca doesn’t kick in until week 6-7. So it’s not the Deca. How much test are you running? Sounds more like a bad diet!
Correct deca takes time to kick in but i observe benefits and side effects from now.

Well mentioned diet is very important but in this case its not the diet

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hello,

What are your opinions.

Its diet that and water intake thats the problem, how high you take deca, how drastic the weight gain is and youre talking about salt but theres a combination of salt/potassium that has to be looked at.

Example, instead of dropping salt you might want to add potassium as these two work synergistically with eachother.

Mk is also a problem here.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yup. Just have Prami on stand by. I’m dry as a bone once I get enough Letro on board to get 550npp water retention dialed down.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yup. Just have Prami on stand by. I’m dry as a bone once I get enough Letro on board to get 550npp water retention dialed down.
Glad I listened to you couple weeks back. Last time i ran any type of deca was like 5 years ago but my cycle right now wasn’t going crazy good anymore but since I added the NPP weight is going up a lot! And as you said the water isn’t bad at all

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Glad I listened to you couple weeks back. Last time i ran any type of deca was like 5 years ago but my cycle right now wasn’t going crazy good anymore but since I added the NPP weight is going up a lot! And as you said the water isn’t bad at all
Dude I don’t know what’s going on, but I’ve been screwing around with my AI dose and pushing test and NPP high, and I am getting lean fast. I’ve never leaned out from NPP but I’ve never ran it so high for so long. I’m really starting to think it will actually work great on a cut with an injectable DHT and Winnie or Var. I’ve always said it would but didn’t really believe it like I’m starting to

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Trest beats it for both being able to add size and cut up. But I’m really enjoying my NPP run and going to go 12 weeks

ItalOne

ItalOne

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
Sorry for not making clear earlier. I will explain Better.

I am using 500mg/week Deca for about two weeks.

I didnt add testosterone to the cycle, i decided to go only with Deca and anavar. 😏😏😏

I know these two dont stack together.

The trainer told me from the beggining to add Tren, not for the water retention issue but for the gains.

He also said that deca is great and safe compared to others but if you see no results until the middle of the cycle go add tren.

I dont blame the trainer the decision to run these stack was mine.

I also take MK677 20mg every night.

Thank you all for your replies.

Correct deca takes time to kick in but i observe benefits and side effects from now.

Well mentioned diet is very important but in this case its not the diet
Brother I’m not sure how old you are? Your dick is going to become worthless without any test in the mix. More so how could any trainer stand by you and train you while you do this to yourself. Not only will your dick begin to give out on you. It will remain that way for months post cycle. I hope your like wacking a wet noodle!! This is possibly the worst thing you could do to yourself.

JUSTATHLETE

Awards
Brother I’m not sure how old you are? Your dick is going to become worthless without any test in the mix. More so how could any trainer stand by you and train you while you do this to yourself. Not only will your dick begin to give out on you. It will remain that way for months post cycle. I hope your like wacking a wet noodle!! This is possibly the worst thing you could do to yourself.
I am 35 years old.
I dont know either why he didnt tell me or push towards to add test in the cycle.
He is very experienced, old school bodybuilder, now i dont know why but he didnt told me about test but from what i have understand from his advise he want to push 'safe' with less side effects steroids.
I tell this because i told him to ads winny between wk 8-12 and said no.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Dude I don’t know what’s going on, but I’ve been screwing around with my AI dose and pushing test and NPP high, and I am getting lean fast. I’ve never leaned out from NPP but I’ve never ran it so high for so long. I’m really starting to think it will actually work great on a cut with an injectable DHT and Winnie or Var. I’ve always said it would but didn’t really believe it like I’m starting to
Dude I’m pretty sure it would be a sick cycle. I don’t know why npp doesn’t get more respect

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
In a month I’ll be switching from 4K calories to close to maintenance probably like +100-200 only and I’m curious to see how it’s gonna transform me

ItalOne

ItalOne

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
I am 35 years old.
I dont know either why he didnt tell me or push towards to add test in the cycle.
He is very experienced, old school bodybuilder, now i dont know why but he didnt told me about test but from what i have understand from his advise he want to push 'safe' with less side effects steroids.
Are you running DECA or NPP? People are weird on this board and call NPP short ester deca. Deca is just the ester but people around here still call short ester Deca, it’s actually a medium ester NANDROLONE. Anyway it’s a huge difference in clearances times and suppression. If you are on Deca you will probably feel completely shut down by week 5-6 with no test flowing through your body. THIS IS VERY BAD FOR YOUR PHYSICAL AND MENTAL HEALTH and you will end up losing anything that you gain. Oh and it will continue for the rest of your cycle and well after!! If your running NPP You can drop it now and not suffer nearly as bad. My advice is get on some test ASAP!!

DaveyCrockett

DaveyCrockett

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I am 35 years old.
I think some old school bodybuilders actually ran cycles with no testosterone base. Deca is very suppressive meaning it will stop your body from making its own testosteronw.. In mine and im sure most other people's experience that feels awful....tired all the time, no sex drive, erectile dysfunction....thats why the test base is important to a cycle because if you dont have the energy or drive to work out all the steroids in the world wont help.

Also, test is one of the safest if not the safest steroid there is.

DaveyCrockett

DaveyCrockett

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Trest beats it for both being able to add size and cut up. But I’m really enjoying my NPP run and going to go 12 weeks
So i had a fairly good recomp effect from EQ but Deca was a little 'uglier.' Are you saying youre able to stay leaner with NPP than Deca (which honestly surprises me too cuz i figure nandrolone is nandrolone regardless of ester)?

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
So i had a fairly good recomp effect from EQ but Deca was a little 'uglier.' Are you saying youre able to stay leaner with NPP than Deca (which honestly surprises me too cuz i figure nandrolone is nandrolone regardless of ester)?
Yes. I feel that way. I have a long convoluted set of anecdotal theories on it. But yes.
Carbs, water, sodium and AI all seem to play in, but Trest I feel strongly will start to lean you out. Not right away, but weeks in. Same with NPP. The night sweats start getting worse, you gain more muscle and get more catabolic, you dial your AI in. On both, I get a little bloat for the first month or so, then I start waking up drier and leaning out more and more. I don’t run Tren but I imagine both have some similarities but just aren’t nearly as dramatic but over time they start to do the trick. Deca I just stay bloated and big the whole time. Dbol too.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
And these trainers with “take all this stuff for a dramatic transformation that you are going to credit me for, even though it will have **** long term effects and will be super unhealthy since I don’t care about you at all, just your results” attitude is starting to get old.

JUSTATHLETE

Awards
Are you running DECA or NPP? People are weird on this board and call NPP short ester deca. Deca is just the ester but people around here still call short ester Deca, it’s actually a medium ester NANDROLONE. Anyway it’s a huge difference in clearances times and suppression. If you are on Deca you will probably feel completely shut down by week 5-6 with no test flowing through your body. THIS IS VERY BAD FOR YOUR PHYSICAL AND MENTAL HEALTH and you will end up losing anything that you gain. Oh and it will continue for the rest of your cycle and well after!! If your running NPP You can drop it now and not suffer nearly as bad. My advice is get on some test ASAP!!
I am running Nandrolone Decanoate (Long ester deca) Not NPP.

Please advice the appropriate dosage for test cyp for my cycle:

500mg per w/k Deca
75mg per day Anavar
Arimidex 0.5 eod

I will not reduce the dosage of anavar or deca.

I am on third week anavar was added today.

Will 100mg of Test cyp enought to save my Dick?

Thanks a lot for all the usefull info and advice

JUSTATHLETE

Awards
I think some old school bodybuilders actually ran cycles with no testosterone base. Deca is very suppressive meaning it will stop your body from making its own testosteronw.. In mine and im sure most other people's experience that feels awful....tired all the time, no sex drive, erectile dysfunction....thats why the test base is important to a cycle because if you dont have the energy or drive to work out all the steroids in the world wont help.

Also, test is one of the safest if not the safest steroid there is.
Yes you are right what dose you recommend for test cyp on 500mg deca and 75mg anavar?

JUSTATHLETE

Awards
And these trainers with “take all this stuff for a dramatic transformation that you are going to credit me for, even though it will have **** long term effects and will be super unhealthy since I don’t care about you at all, just your results” attitude is starting to get old.
Unfortunetly this is the business but the truth is that we want them and take them.

Last edited:

JUSTATHLETE

Awards
I have conclude what has cause water retention.

Its not deca. Guys were right its too soon for deca to kick so fast.

The water retention is from MK-677.

I took it before 3 weeks and since my appetite is very high. Every two hours i feel hungry. I try to eat small Quality meals but i am contantly hungry.

I have added 3kg in three weeks since i start it. And all the water retention started after some days of MK-677.

I really didnt expect this from MK. I will take some dandelion and fimish the bottle.

DaveyCrockett

DaveyCrockett

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Yes you are right what dose you recommend for test cyp on 500mg deca and 75mg anavar?
If you are going for the bare minimum dose to replace your natural test, without knowing your weight i would say at least 150mg a week, 200mg will typically put a person at high normal or slightly elevated.. If you are concerned about negative androgenic effects either of those should be safe.

JUSTATHLETE

Awards
If you are going for the bare minimum dose to replace your natural test, without knowing your weight i would say at least 150mg a week, 200mg will typically put a person at high normal or slightly elevated.. If you are concerned about negative androgenic effects either of those should be safe.
Thanks a lot my friend. I am 180cm and 85kg.

Do you have any suggestion also for cabergoline? I dont have gyno effect or issues but if as they said i must have it in case.
I take arimidex 0.5 eod and i have in hand nolva and clomid.

ItalOne

ItalOne

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established

Do you have any suggestion also for cabergoline? I dont have gyno effect or issues but if as they said i must have it in case.
You want to keep the test even or slightly above the Deca dosage because if you don’t you are still more then likely to have ED. My advice to you would be to get some Test phenyl prop. That way the test will start working the first week apposed to waiting 4-5 weeks for test cyp. It only needs to be pinned M, W, F and then you’ll be back in business!! I would have saved the Var for last 4-6 weeks.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
And here we are again with with the famous deca dick topic lmao. Funny

DaveyCrockett

DaveyCrockett

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I mean then don’t run it? For me it never was a problem
I had to run a gram plus of Tren for a significant amount of time before having any issues...i think some people will just take caber before being symptomatic but that stuff scares me honestly

DaveyCrockett

DaveyCrockett

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established

As far as your question I believe others here will take a heavier dose but I did 0.25mgEOD or e3d