Deca Only?

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Check out this video by the anabolic doc. He has a patient that’s been taking deca only at 300mg a week for 20 years, and somehow this man has supraphysiological levels of free testosterone, while having close to zero total testosterone. He breaks down other health markers as well. The guy claims to feel healthy. Has anyone here ever tried deca only? Maybe this man is an anomaly and most people who do this would feel like shyt.

Alchemist11

Alchemist11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
From all the things that didn't happened, this one is the one that most likely didn't happen.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
More plates more dates guy did nandrolone only (npp) but he used exogenous td estrogen alongside as supposedly nandrolone when used at pharmacological doses doesnt aromatize enough to provide normal healthy levels of estrogen.
This might be the key for not feeling like sh1t (crashed estrogen=feeling like crap)

From a standpoint of achieving higher anabolism with less androgen load on the body, i dont see why nandrolone wouldnt work if exogenous estrogen is also used so that e2 levels are in the healthy range.

My only concern would be neurotoxicity, however i believe that neurotoxicity from tren and nandrolone comes largely from the fact that those dont aromatize to estrogen as well as testosterone, and estrogen may be in fact the compound which, in physiologic doses, serves as a neuroprotective substance.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
More plates more dates guy did nandrolone only (npp) but he used exogenous td estrogen alongside as supposedly nandrolone when used at pharmacological doses doesnt aromatize enough to provide normal healthy levels of estrogen.
This might be the key for not feeling like sh1t (crashed estrogen=feeling like crap)

From a standpoint of achieving higher anabolism with less androgen load on the body, i dont see why nandrolone wouldnt work if exogenous estrogen is also used so that e2 levels are in the healthy range.

My only concern would be neurotoxicity, however i believe that neurotoxicity from tren and nandrolone comes largely from the fact that those dont aromatize to estrogen as well as testosterone, and estrogen may be in fact the compound which, in physiologic doses, serves as a neuroprotective substance.
The possible neurotoxicity of nandrolones is a good point to add. Also, there are theories that nandrolones activate the dopamine receptors in the brain, so they could potentially help you feel good, but upon withdrawal of the drug you may become depressed (more so then coming off other androgens). Dave Crosland seems to believe the dopamine theory.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In a follow up interview the anabolic doc acknowledges that the lab may have mistaken the patients free test levels for an unknown metabolite that comes from deca. It’s all complicated stuff, but even if that is the case, and the patient actually did have crashed free testosterone, the question remains, how can someone have no testosterone, and no estrogen, but still feel great? Here’s that interview if anyone is interested.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Umm deca d!ck?
Depends on the individual. My prolactin shoots up on anything over a replacement dose of test and i cant get it up (and i know, deca d1ck is not due to prolactin).

I for one have to keep test at or under 125 a week and add hcg to feel normal/good. Without hcg i just dont feel right.
For an individual like me, when it comes to blasting, it makes more sense to add other things on top of test, but ok, we are talking replacement here.

So adding/increasing test may not be an answer. Rather, it could exacerbate problems like gyno which thrives in high estro and high prolactin environment.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Umm deca d!ck?
The guy on deca only has a perfectly healthy sex drive and d!ck. The deca only people believe deca without testosterone won’t cause deca d!ck, but the introduction of test somehow causes this problem.

Carnivorecon

Carnivorecon

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
The guy on deca only has a perfectly healthy sex drive and d!ck. The deca only people believe deca without testosterone won’t cause deca d!ck, but the introduction of test somehow causes this problem.
I've always read dhn is too weak an androgen to get the job done regarding erections, so how you gonna have any dht without test? I've never used any nadrolone so don't know first hand its effects on libido and boner quality

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I've always read dhn is too weak an androgen to get the job done regarding erections, so how you gonna have any dht without test? I've never used any nadrolone so don't know first hand its effects on libido and boner quality
But you can always throw in 100mg of test in there to have physiologic levels of T, dht and e2 if you think you might have issues.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
A friendly coworker, who was into bodybuilding in his youth, came to work one morning and handed me two vials for free. One was deca. Maybe I should experiment on myself.

Carnivorecon

Carnivorecon

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
But you can always throw in 100mg of test in there to have physiologic levels of T, dht and e2 if you think you might have issues.
Yh that's what I would do definitely, I will do npp and test one day but just not ready for it yet.

Carnivorecon

Carnivorecon

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
A friendly coworker, who was into bodybuilding in his youth, came to work one morning and handed me two vials for free. One was deca. Maybe I should experiment on myself.
Where the hell you work? Are they hiring? Deca's something I would like to do but npp seems to be easier to get for me

Carnivorecon

Carnivorecon

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Where the hell you work? Are they hiring? Deca's something I would like to do but npp seems to be easier to get for me, I think with nandrolones you have to have everything in place for the shutdown and prolactin issues, they're not to be taken lightly

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Where the hell you work? Are they hiring? Deca's something I would like to do but npp seems to be easier to get for me, I think with nandrolones you have to have everything in place for the shutdown and prolactin issues, they're not to be taken lightly
Haha I’m a union construction worker. It’s pretty normal to run into a few guys on every site who are obviously juicing.
Im not ready to mess with something heavy duty like deca. I’m still in the very early stages of going down this road and am just messing around with light compounds and learning about as much as I can before I take any real plunge into strong PEDs.
But it’s nice to have a vial that I’ll probably use sometime in the future. The other vial is even more serious. It’s a blend of test, tren, and masteron. It’ll be a long time until I get around to that haha.

Carnivorecon

Carnivorecon

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Haha I’m a union construction worker. It’s pretty normal to run into a few guys on every site who are obviously juicing.
Im not ready to mess with something heavy duty like deca. I’m still in the very early stages of going down this road and am just messing around with light compounds and learning about as much as I can before I take any real plunge into strong PEDs.
But it’s nice to have a vial that I’ll probably use sometime in the future. The other vial is even more serious. It’s a blend of test, tren, and masteron. It’ll be a long time until I get around to that haha.
I'm the same, taking my time with it, yh that tren is not a joke I don't think I'll ever do it just because of the neuro degenerative effects, a BP increase or bad lipids here n there is one thing but anything that kills brain cells, other than alcohol obviously, is a no go

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I'm the same, taking my time with it, yh that tren is not a joke I don't think I'll ever do it just because of the neuro degenerative effects, a BP increase or bad lipids here n there is one thing but anything that kills brain cells, other than alcohol obviously, is a no go
Actually nandrolone is just as bad if not worse than tren when it comes to neurotoxicity, IF we are to believe the studies.

In fact, all androgens may be neurotoxic, and it is the estrogen which is neuroprotective, hence testosterone being less neurotoxic.

But I agree that 19 nors do seem to mess with neurotransmitters more than others.

19 nors are usually where people report severe mental sides; anxiety, depression, mania etc
They also seem to be harder to recover from.

It is true that for us who are prone to mental sides more than others, sticking to test and dht's with some peptides or gh and avoiding 19 nors alltogether may be the best route.

Carnivorecon

Carnivorecon

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Actually nandrolone is just as bad if not worse than tren when it comes to neurotoxicity, IF we are to believe the studies.

In fact, all androgens may be neurotoxic, and it is the estrogen which is neuroprotective, hence testosterone being less neurotoxic.

But I agree that 19 nors do seem to mess with neurotransmitters more than others.

19 nors are usually where people report severe mental sides; anxiety, depression, mania etc
They also seem to be harder to recover from.

It is true that for us who are prone to mental sides more than others, sticking to test and dht's with some peptides or gh and avoiding 19 nors alltogether may be the best route.
Dang it I didn't know that was nadrolone as well, think I saw something on Derek's YT about oestrogen being protective

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Dang it I didn't know that was nadrolone as well, think I saw something on Derek's YT about oestrogen being protective

"According to the present results, the order of the examined AASs regarding their toxicity was found to be nandrolone > trenbolone > testosterone > stanozolol."

This is also very interesting and is along my line of thought that a large part of trenbolone's effects are non AR mediated (glucocorticoid inhibition)

"Nevertheless, trenbolone is shown to have a lower potency to the AR compared to nandrolone"

Seems like the stronger the AR binding affinity, stronger the neurotoxicity, since it seems that neurotoxicity is expressed through AR activation.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

"According to the present results, the order of the examined AASs regarding their toxicity was found to be nandrolone > trenbolone > testosterone > stanozolol."

This is also very interesting and is along my line of thought that a large part of trenbolone's effects are non AR mediated (glucocorticoid inhibition)

"Nevertheless, trenbolone is shown to have a lower potency to the AR compared to nandrolone"

Seems like the stronger the AR binding affinity, stronger the neurotoxicity, since it seems that neurotoxicity is expressed through AR activation.
But I’ve also heard, and I’m sure you have too, that androgenic drugs are neuro-protective. Testosterone is supposed to help prevent things like dementia.

Carnivorecon

Carnivorecon

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar

Hmm interesting stuff, they need to see how this carrys over to human brain cells etc and determine what safe dosages are