Deca Only short blast

Pleonastic

Pleonastic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I just started deca only cycle on New Year's Day. I know I'll get dissed, hated on, all that. It's okay. I'm getting near 40 years old late 30s. Been training about 20 years. Have done somewhere around 7-10 cycles of various gear.

I'm an old timer, very experienced lifter, moderate experience with drugs. I understand why you have to run test with everything. Test is the primary male sex hormone and it converts to estrogen , which is needed in the body.

So why would I run deca only, if I know better? Number one reason is experimentation. I love experimenting on myself , with different drugs, diets, training styles etc. Simply to see what happens , what I respond well too, poorly etc. Tried and true methods get boring after like year 15 haha.

There's a "guru", for lack of better term, who promotes deca only cycles. I read much of his reasonings and theories and I'm deciding to give it a try.

The plan is 600mg deca only per week, in 2 300mg shots 2x per week. The cycle will be 6 weeks.

I know I know, deca "must" be run minimum 12 weeks and best near 20 blah blah. I get all that. I understand how half lives work. You gotta know the rules before you can break them. It's a long term plan of short cycles this year. I've done my homework. If I don't like it, it's simple end the cycle. Life goes on.

Starting weight 180lbs 10 percent bodyfat max. This will be a bulk. From all the years of bulk/cuts, I've given myself a full blown eating disorder. I do binging and starving, it's really bad but I'm trying here. So the bulk could fail simply due to my eating issues.

I'll try to give updates, if people are interested and answer any questions on how I'm feeling if dick works, gains , feels etc etc. I know pics are important but shy guy here lol. I might add some at some point but with all my tattoos not sure.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In it for pics! I don’t know why I love the deca look...

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
In for deca dick pics...wait

What’s your height? Weight and bf% don’t matter without that.

Is there a particular reason you don’t want to use anything else with this if not test? Some DHEA and Masteron, or Dbol & Proviron? Unless you just don’t want any sex drive or function.

Also, if you pin Deca for 6 weeks it’s a 9 week cycle. The cycle doesn’t end when you stop pinning, but when the hormones are cleared.

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I’ve run lots of stuff without test. Tren, dbol, anadrol, superdrol. Lol Deca is the only thing that made my dick not work. Ha Not a big deal and it might not happen to you though.

Pleonastic

Pleonastic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In for deca dick pics...wait

What’s your height? Weight and bf% don’t matter without that.

Is there a particular reason you don’t want to use anything else with this if not test? Some DHEA and Masteron, or Dbol & Proviron? Unless you just don’t want any sex drive or function.

Also, if you pin Deca for 6 weeks it’s a 9 week cycle. The cycle doesn’t end when you stop pinning, but when the hormones are cleared.
I'm 6 foot 180lbs 10%. I understand what your saying about esters clearing but I've never heard of people really describe a cycle that way. If someone says they are doing a 12 week cycle or whatever. It means they are taking drugs for 12 weeks. Atleast that's how Ive always seen it.

I could use other drugs with it but I want to see exactly how just deca goes. Then I will add a compound next deca cycle. I'm going to do like 3 short blasts this year. 1 compound then maybe 2 then 3.

Pleonastic

Pleonastic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’ve run lots of stuff without test. Tren, dbol, anadrol, superdrol. Lol Deca is the only thing that made my dick not work. Ha Not a big deal and it might not happen to you though.
Yea I guess on this board it's more tolerated the idea of running things without test. Other places you get killed for it. If my dick dies well yea that will suck.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I'm 6 foot 180lbs 10%. I understand what your saying about esters clearing but I've never heard of people really describe a cycle that way. If someone says they are doing a 12 week cycle or whatever. It means they are taking drugs for 12 weeks. Atleast that's how Ive always seen it.

I could use other drugs with it but I want to see exactly how just deca goes. Then I will add a compound next deca cycle. I'm going to do like 3 short blasts this year. 1 compound then maybe 2 then 3.
Because it’s not like something with a 3 week half life is going to magically not be working the day after last shot. If your last shot is a Wednesday, your protein expression will still be identical come Monday despite missing your shot Sunday. It will still be maxed the end of that week. And you cannot PCT in that time, and your training or recovery isn’t going to decline at all.

Are you cruising test in between these blasts? Otherwise you’re just going to have weeks clearing and then a month or whatever totally off & hypogonadal before going back on...you’ll be without sufficient test for most of the year. That is a health consideration.

Yea I guess on this board it's more tolerated the idea of running things without test. Other places you get killed for it. If my dick dies well yea that will suck.
As long as you realize it will go, it’s fine. But it’s not if, it is when.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I need to see how this go's???? In !

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
.you’ll be without sufficient test for most of the year. That is a health consideration.
This is more of a health problem due to lack of estrogen he will experience on deca only, not due to lack of test itself. You dont need testosterone, you just need a source of estrogen, either estrogen itself or an aromatizeable androgen. In this case i have to disagree and say that adding masteron or proviron is redundant as he already has an anabolic (nandrolone) in there. Dbol would make sense.

@Pleonastic there is no reason why deca only as far as androgens/anabolics go wouldnt work, but you need a source of estrogen for cardiovascular health, plus you will grow much better with sufficient e2 present. Not to mention neurodegenerative risks stemming from lack of e2.

Consider at least adding transdermal estradiol.

Pleonastic

Pleonastic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Because it’s not like something with a 3 week half life is going to magically not be working the day after last shot. If your last shot is a Wednesday, your protein expression will still be identical come Monday despite missing your shot Sunday. It will still be maxed the end of that week. And you cannot PCT in that time, and your training or recovery isn’t going to decline at all.

Are you cruising test in between these blasts? Otherwise you’re just going to have weeks clearing and then a month or whatever totally off & hypogonadal before going back on...you’ll be without sufficient test for most of the year. That is a health consideration.
I'm not sure if I'll cruise in between...it makes sense to. I already blast and cruise. Except this time stopped the test for this deca thing. Even though it is a long term plan of stringing together these cycles. Let's currently focus on this one for this thread.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
So we just need to figure out the E2 thing !

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
This is more of a health problem due to lack of estrogen he will experience on deca only, not due to lack of test itself. You dont need testosterone, you just need a source of estrogen, either estrogen itself or an aromatizeable androgen. In this case i have to disagree and say that adding masteron or proviron is redundant as he already has an anabolic (nandrolone) in there. Dbol would make sense.
Proviron isn’t an anabolic and Masteron isn’t particularly great for that purpose either. They were suggested along with the DHEA or Dbol for one reason: a primary, easily manipulated DHT component, the other core hormone we ‘need’ testosterone for. It may not be as essential for physical health, but for a man it is crucial for mental health & well-being, and it will help prevent gyno. Dbol really provides both the androgen and estrogen angle best in one compound, and this cycle is short enough to run it throughout, but it’s going to hurt lipids nearly as much as no estrogen likely.

Some Dermacrine eod would be the safest all in one option I suppose here.

Pleonastic

Pleonastic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

@Pleonastic there is no reason why deca only as far as androgens/anabolics go wouldnt work, but you need a source of estrogen for cardiovascular health, plus you will grow much better with sufficient e2 present. Not to mention neurodegenerative risks stemming from lack of e2.

Consider at least adding transdermal estradiol.
That is why I am doing this with deca. It converts into estrogen. It's actually recommended when doing deca only to take a higher dose. 600 is like the minimum effective dose for getting enough estrogen conversion. People do like 900 to 1 gram per week solo. I know it sounds crazy, it's really an unorthodox idea.

But I'm honeslty happily surprised how people are not killing me over this whole plan and are interested. That's a good thing. I'm a long time member here. My post count is low but check my joined date.

Pleonastic

Pleonastic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So we just need to figure out the E2 thing !
Deca does convert to e2. 600mg deca should be enough for adequate e2 levels. I'm a high converter when it comes to test converting to estrogen. So I'm hoping that also means I'll get maybe a little more than most from deca conversion to e2.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Deca does convert to e2. 600mg deca should be enough for adequate e2 levels. I'm a high converter when it comes to test converting to estrogen. So I'm hoping that also means I'll get maybe a little more than most from deca conversion to e2.
I’m glad you realize that it’s individual, same as we all aromatize test at different levels. And obviously deca doesn’t convert to estrogen via aromatization so that’s not necessarily a reliable indicator of what you will do with nandrolone - you’ll have to wait for bloods 4-6 weeks in for a better idea. I have read some on deca only cycles and of course there are plenty of guys who don’t get enough estrogen from it as well.

It will be cool to see how it treats you!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The next Hulk !!

Pleonastic

Pleonastic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Trained legs today. It was hard guys. Legs are a major weakness for me in size and strength. I'm training pretty much just for hypertrophy though. Strength isn't my goal but obviously I'll take it.

I'm doing squats with a really narrow stance and going super low. Probably too low, but it helps me make sure I always hit the same depth, by going all the way down. Really trying to target the quads with these specifically.

I won't bore people with the whole workout but squats were :

170lbs 4 sets of 7

Like I said weak ass chicken legs. The narrow stance and ATG style with this weight still feels like workout to me.

Less than a week into the deca. Haven't noticed anything yet, didn't expect to.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
One of my favorite leg workouts is 95lbs squats 5 sets of 20

trumac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Trained legs today. It was hard guys. Legs are a major weakness for me in size and strength. I'm training pretty much just for hypertrophy though. Strength isn't my goal but obviously I'll take it.

I'm doing squats with a really narrow stance and going super low. Probably too low, but it helps me make sure I always hit the same depth, by going all the way down. Really trying to target the quads with these specifically.

I won't bore people with the whole workout but squats were :

170lbs 4 sets of 7

Like I said weak ass chicken legs. The narrow stance and ATG style with this weight still feels like workout to me.

Less than a week into the deca. Haven't noticed anything yet, didn't expect to.
Form over weight brother. I’d rather do perfect lighter squats than heavy **** squats.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Pleonastic

Pleonastic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
1 week in

Weight 181

Hard to say if I'm seeing anything gains wise yet. I'm up 2 pounds, so that's good. Food I still need to increase. I have not noticed any extra pumps in gym or fullness. Actually vascularity seems to be down. This could be due to the cold weather though.

The deca has been giving me very intense dreams. My sleep is also somewhat interrupted by having to pee at night. Then it takes me awhile to fall back sleep. Even natural I have had insomnia issues most my life.

I also started creatine yesterday. I'll be hitting upper body later today looking forward to that.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Have you ever tried Ketotifen for sleep help ?

Pleonastic

Pleonastic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have not. I've seen that word before but that's it no clue what it is or does. But my insomnia isn't bad right now so I'm good. I'll look into that though even though I've tried everything else. Benzos are the only thing that works for me when it's really bad.

theswede

theswede

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Wondering about this too? I'm having some sleep issues lately and have been eyeing this. Plus it's supposed to be good to take with Clen right? And I've been eyeing Clen too. :)

Pleonastic

Pleonastic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wondering about this too? I'm having some sleep issues lately and have been eyeing this. Plus it's supposed to be good to take with Clen right? And I've been eyeing Clen too. :)
If you are having sleep issues then clen is the last thing you should add.

theswede

theswede

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Ok lol. Well, it’s not sleep issues in the literal sense like I’m having insomnia or anything. It’s called having little kids. But all good, cheers!

theswede

theswede

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Ok lol. Well, it’s not sleep issues in the literal sense like I’m having insomnia or anything. It’s called having little kids. But all good, cheers!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
@Mike Arnold - MA Research has both Clen & Ketotifen. Here are also his discount codes.

MA Labs 15% Off Discount Code: am20
MA Research 15% Discount Code: am15

Pleonastic

Pleonastic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
2 weeks in

Weight 186lbs

I'm steadily gaining. I look bigger. Gym performance isn't really up that I can notice. I kind of messed up that I started this cycles near the middle to end of my training block. Basically I'm somewhat close to a deload. It's getting hard to keep upping weights reps or sets. I should have started a new training block with the start of this cycle. So not perfectly set up on my part but I'll be okay. I'll keep pushing through and then maybe eventually change excersises.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Up 6lbs !!

jimmydee2000

Awards
Glad your seeing decent results but around the 4 week mark is where DECA Dick starts to set in for some people. Hopefully you dont have to experience that MISERY!!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Of the D?!? Haha can't do that but I am thinking of posting some progress pics if I man up.
Oh well, I guess progress pics will have to do.....

Pleonastic

Pleonastic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
3 weeks in, weight 188lbs. My problem guys is I'm not eating enough. Only doing this 6 week blast so I'm half way done. Really need to start pushing more food now. Gotta be committed. Like I said bad eating disorder I have and the diet is the hardest part for me. But I'm really going to try these last 3 weeks to grub grub grub! I'm looking juicier.

The plan is showing pics today or this weekend. If I can figure out how to take the pics right with some anonymous-ness.

bigthug

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • Established
If you trow some dianabol in there it would be an old school Mike mentzer cycle and extra gains but its still interesting to see how you feel at the end