Deca dose on TRT

V23

V23

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Currently on 200mg of testosterone cypionate per week for the past 9 months. No AI. Labs have been stable. E2 at 35-40. Total T 1200. Free T 40-50. Doc prescribed nandrolone (deca) at 120mg per week for joint pain.

Age 35
Weight 219lbs
Height 5’ 11”
BF 12%
Lift 6 days a week. Power building along with conditioning and running.

I have two achy shoulders (bad AC joints) and the worst part an old herniated L5 which still causes intermittent sciatic pain down my left leg. Along with the usual recurrent tendinitis.

I have read all the threads about deca and I know some people swear by it for joint pain. I also follow Dr Toutlianos on Muscular Development who is a proponent of low dose deca for joints. And I know there are others that are adamant about steering clear of deca due to side effects like sexual dysfunction. I was thinking of running it at 50-100mg a week as I would love to get some relief but I do not want to mess with cabergoline or prami and do not want any problems with libido, drive or sexual dysfunction. My main priority is feeling good. Any input would be appreciated!

TMloc

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
At 120mg week Deca you shouldn't need any caber or prami..Me personally if was going to do that I would definitely have either on hand..
At 250 a week Deca and 500 testC I didn't need any caber ,nor did I experience any broke dick problems I also had proviron in there 50mgs daily..

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Agree with dosing it at 50-100 mg per week as a therapeutic dosage. Ever thought of using BPC157 and TB500?

V23

V23

Awards
  • First Up Vote
At 120mg week Deca you shouldn't need any caber or prami..Me personally if was going to do that I would definitely have either on hand..
At 250 a week Deca and 500 testC I didn't need any caber ,nor did I experience any broke dick problems I also had proviron in there 50mgs daily..
I wish I could get my hands on some proviron. I wonder if a lot of people that don’t have broke dick problems take proviron which acts as DHT and competes with the DHN from the deca.

V23

V23

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Agree with dosing it at 50-100 mg per week as a therapeutic dosage. Ever thought of using BPC157 and TB500?
I have looked into both of those. I wasn’t sure it they were more hype. It would be nice to not mess around with the hormone balance.

I also have some Ostarine and Mk677 laying around both of which I have seen posts with users taking them to help heal injuries.

trumac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Have you considered trying it at the dose at which your doc prescribed it? Is this your primary or a TRT clinic just out of curiosity

V23

V23

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Have you considered trying it at the dose at which your doc prescribed it? Is this your primary or a TRT clinic just out of curiosity
A TRT clinic. Yes I know that would be the smart thing to do. I guess I just worry about the side effects and wanted to see if I could get joint relief at a lower dose.

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I would love to have your doctor. Deca for joint pain is a great idea and at that low dose you're not going to experience deca-dick or any progesterone related side effects. I recently saw a video from the Anabolic Doc about a deca only cycle (with EQ) as TRT.

V23

V23

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I would love to have your doctor. Deca for joint pain is a great idea and at that low dose you're not going to experience deca-dick or any progesterone related side effects. I recently saw a video from the Anabolic Doc about a deca only cycle (with EQ) as TRT.

That’s interesting. He has another good video over viewing deca as well.

I think I’m going to start with 50mg of deca once per week with my 200mg of testosterone (split in 2 doses) and I’m going to add 25mg of Ostarine a day. Give this about 10 weeks and reassess see how everything feels and give feedback.

I know the deca has a long half life so I’ll give it some time to provide therapeutic benefit and give it time to see if any side effects creep up.

trumac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

I think I’m going to start with 50mg of deca once per week with my 200mg of testosterone (split in 2 doses) and I’m going to add 25mg of Ostarine a day. Give this about 10 weeks and reassess see how everything feels and give feedback.

I know the deca has a long half life so I’ll give it some time to provide therapeutic benefit and give it time to see if any side effects creep up.
Online clinic? I use Defy and noticed they carry deca (and var). How did you even get the doc to prescribe it lol

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Online clinic? I use Defy and noticed they carry deca (and var). How did you even get the doc to prescribe it lol
Online Clinics are strictly there for the money. They will prescribe both without issue.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Currently on 200mg of testosterone cypionate per week for the past 9 months. No AI. Labs have been stable. E2 at 35-40. Total T 1200. Free T 40-50. Doc prescribed nandrolone (deca) at 120mg per week for joint pain.

Age 35
Weight 219lbs
Height 5’ 11”
BF 12%
Lift 6 days a week. Power building along with conditioning and running.

I have two achy shoulders (bad AC joints) and the worst part an old herniated L5 which still causes intermittent sciatic pain down my left leg. Along with the usual recurrent tendinitis.

I have read all the threads about deca and I know some people swear by it for joint pain. I also follow Dr Toutlianos on Muscular Development who is a proponent of low dose deca for joints. And I know there are others that are adamant about steering clear of deca due to side effects like sexual dysfunction. I was thinking of running it at 50-100mg a week as I would love to get some relief but I do not want to mess with cabergoline or prami and do not want any problems with libido, drive or sexual dysfunction. My main priority is feeling good. Any input would be appreciated!
I would use half that dose, 60mg a week. Save the rest.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I have looked into both of those. I wasn’t sure it they were more hype. It would be nice to not mess around with the hormone balance.

I also have some Ostarine and Mk677 laying around both of which I have seen posts with users taking them to help heal injuries.
I've used osta in the past, and mk several times. They had no healing effects for me personally.

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Can someone PM me a link to these online clinics?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
These places are basically legal drug dealers. They prescribe more then you need if your willing to pay

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Will 120mgxweek of Deca be enough for any performance enhancing, like strength or is it only for joints?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Will 120mgxweek of Deca be enough for any performance enhancing, like strength or is it only for joints?
Not really. If you have never gone higher then your trt test, ya it might give a little boost. If you have ever ran a cycle before no most likely not

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Not really. If you have never gone higher then your trt test, ya it might give a little boost. If you have ever ran a cycle before no most likely not
That’s what I figured, thanks.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
V23

V23

Awards
  • First Up Vote
So far at 50mg a week my sex drive has increased noticeably..... My back feels a bit better. But strained my damn rotator cuff today benching.... can’t even do a push up right now.

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Sounds like you might want to do some physical therapy exercises.

Check out the YouTube Channel Bob & Brad. They're both professional physical therapists and they have great videos on all sorts of injuries you can get and how to treat them.

Here is a video on some rotator cuff exercises you can do to help heal it.

V23

V23

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Sounds like you might want to do some physical therapy exercises.

Check out the YouTube Channel Bob & Brad. They're both professional physical therapists and they have great videos on all sorts of injuries you can get and how to treat them.

Here is a video on some rotator cuff exercises you can do to help heal it.

Thanks. I’ve been working on it. I do like those guys.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Don’t confuse joints feeling better with being any more capable - hopefully the strain is mild. Similar to taking ibuprofen during a fever, you’re still sick even if you feel better.

Do you have any medical contraindications with utilizing Curcumin? I take 900mg daily from Vitamin Shoppe, although it could use a little more Bioperine added. Definitely helps inflammation, and has positive effects on limiting and even reversing LVH to some degree. It’s good for a lot actually.

V23

V23

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Don’t confuse joints feeling better with being any more capable - hopefully the strain is mild. Similar to taking ibuprofen during a fever, you’re still sick even if you feel better.

Do you have any medical contraindications with utilizing Curcumin? I take 900mg daily from Vitamin Shoppe, although it could use a little more Bioperine added. Definitely helps inflammation, and has positive effects on limiting and even reversing LVH to some degree. It’s good for a lot actually.
I’ll try it. Anything to help. I started some Ostarine couple days ago I had laying around as well.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I’ll try it. Anything to help. I started some Ostarine couple days ago I had laying around as well.
You’re gonna like it. Not a miracle, but it absolutely reduces joint pain. Anti-cancer benefits and such as well. I would recommend it above almost any other supplement to anyone without medical contraindications.

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
You’re gonna like it. Not a miracle, but it absolutely reduces joint pain. Anti-cancer benefits and such as well. I would recommend it above almost any other supplement to anyone without medical contraindications.
You're talking about Ostarine? Do you have any studies showing that it has these benefits?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
As someone who loves PEDs, I think people can get caught up with the idea they’re a solution for everything. I don’t think OP’s idea to try some Deca or experiment with Ostarine is bad at all, but there’s definitely some great low-hanging fruit out there many folks aren’t aware of.

I got to train under a near-50-year-old Pro strongman for a couple years, and he trained very intensely & frequently. What I learned most from him, aside from his intensity, was how well he prepared his body to train. He would show up wearing hot cream/linament on his achey spots, leggings, under armor shirt, neoprene sleeves, shorts, cuffs on trouble tendons, sweatpants, tshirt, hoodie, a goddamn suit of heated armor, and spend the effort to do a legitimate 20-30 minutes of warmups & movement prep/drills to get his body up to temp to handle hard training. And then he generally knew how to listen to his body if it just wasn’t the day to push.

Ever since I started wearing more layers to the gym and spending more time warming up properly, my general injury rate has dropped considerably the last 2 years. This is stuff anyone over 25 could be employing that wants to feel a bit better in training.

V23

V23

Awards
  • First Up Vote
As someone who loves PEDs, I think people can get caught up with the idea they’re a solution for everything. I don’t think OP’s idea to try some Deca or experiment with Ostarine is bad at all, but there’s definitely some great low-hanging fruit out there many folks aren’t aware of.

I got to train under a near-50-year-old Pro strongman for a couple years, and he trained very intensely & frequently. What I learned most from him, aside from his intensity, was how well he prepared his body to train. He would show up wearing hot cream/linament on his achey spots, leggings, under armor shirt, neoprene sleeves, shorts, cuffs on trouble tendons, sweatpants, tshirt, hoodie, a goddamn suit of heated armor, and spend the effort to do a legitimate 20-30 minutes of warmups & movement prep/drills to get his body up to temp to handle hard training. And then he generally knew how to listen to his body if it just wasn’t the day to push.

Ever since I started wearing more layers to the gym and spending more time warming up properly, my general injury rate has dropped considerably the last 2 years. This is stuff anyone over 25 could be employing that wants to feel a bit better in training.
Yes! 100%. I warm up way more than I used to. How did I strain my rotator cuff? I work out with a bunch of guys in their early 20s and I was running late. Didn’t do my band work or a start with the bar jumped right into the weights..... STUPID. Not all damage done can be fixed with rehab, PT, PEDs, meds, or even surgery. I agree with you Hyde, just can’t forget that stuff.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yes! 100%. I warm up way more than I used to. How did I strain my rotator cuff? I work out with a bunch of guys in their early 20s and I was running late. Didn’t do my band work or a start with the bar jumped right into the weights..... STUPID. Not all damage done can be fixed with rehab, PT, PEDs, meds, or even surgery. I agree with you Hyde, just can’t forget that stuff.
Yep, gotta make that the #1 priority. After the laundry list of mild strains I have experienced in my time, I now realize that if I don’t have time to warmup properly then I just don’t have time to train. Even if training were truncated because of time, at least the warmup allows whatever I got done afterwards to be productive. If I got hurt, all the weeks I go backwards make it even worse than if I’d have missed the session!

Don’t cave under the pressure - a lot of people burn bright for a few years then disappear. If you wanna get as strong or jacked as possible, you have to be able to keep putting in the sessions for decades.

V23

V23

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Yep, gotta make that the #1 priority. After the laundry list of mild strains I have experienced in my time, I now realize that if I don’t have time to warmup properly then I just don’t have time to train. Even if training were truncated because of time, at least the warmup allows whatever I got done afterwards to be productive. If I got hurt, all the weeks I go backwards make it even worse than if I’d have missed the session!

Don’t cave under the pressure - a lot of people burn bright for a few years then disappear. If you wanna get as strong or jacked as possible, you have to be able to keep putting in the sessions for decades.
Hell yea well said brother.

V23

V23

Awards
  • First Up Vote

Hell yea well said brother.

V23

V23

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Well I think the deca has caused some problems..... My erection was terrible the last two times with my wife. Could barely keep it going. And our sex life is very healthy. Reminds me of when I crashed my estrogen. Guess it’s a no go for me or need me some DHT.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
And if you add DHT, lipids are gonna likely suffer, which is not a great thing looking at longterm solutions for TRT.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Well I think the deca has caused some problems..... My erection was terrible the last two times with my wife. Could barely keep it going. And our sex life is very healthy. Reminds me of when I crashed my estrogen. Guess it’s a no go for me or need me some DHT.
I stay away from deca solely for that reason. It's a gamble on my sex life. There's no amount of muscle or healing property or anything period worth risking a limp noodle

V23

V23

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I stay away from deca solely for that reason. It's a gamble on my sex life. There's no amount of muscle or healing property or anything period worth risking a limp noodle
Amen

Robert124

Awards

I have used npp at 50mg a week. I found that it helped but felt breathless. I’m wondering if using deca would have less of that effect.

Robert124

Awards

I have used npp at 50mg a week. I found that it helped but felt breathless. I’m wondering if using deca would have less of that effect.

Robert124

Awards

Robert124

Awards