Debilitating Injection pain for nearly a week

Skyler777

Skyler777

Awards
Hey guys,

I have pinned my shoulders and outer-middle quads about 6 times now, but I have one that has hurt a ridiculous amount wihtout showing signs of getting better. I pinned my inner quad about 8 inches up from my knee five days ago, and for some reason I was becoming a little light-headed during the injection. I used the normal 23g by 1.5. Anyway, the injection was fine otherwise, I was completely fine the next day, and on Friday morning of last week I couldn't walk it was so bad. I cant bend or extend my leg quickly without excrutiating pain. That Friday (36 hours after injecting) I felt cold all day and got a fever and the same thing happened on Saturday, but has since stopped. My leg isn't red, it's not warm or hot, but it may be a little swollen. Regardless, it's been 60 hours now and the only thing that's gotten better is I don't feel like I have the flu anymore. Does anyone know what's going on?

Thank you.

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
quit pinning your quads.
Ditto....and 8 inches from your knee on your INNER quad?!?!? I hope I misunderstood that - quads are a big enough pain anyway. I cant imagine that. Spotinjections.com brotha

J

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Never pinned, but this is exactly why you’re not supposed to pin your quad. At least that’s my understanding.

Skyler777

Skyler777

Awards
Really? ah man i was just reading a couple of days ago that quads are idiot proof. What do you guys recommend? Glutes and shoulders? I will check out that website you sent

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Really? ah man i was just reading a couple of days ago that quads are idiot proof. What do you guys recommend? Glutes and shoulders? I will check out that website you sent
Quads give a lot of people a lot of problems. According to Palumbo there is a higher chance of infection due to all the nerves you've got to not irritate - dont know how true that really is, but what he says. I have quads I. My regular rotation. Use that site to locate the right spot. And if you dont have too much bf you can even just hit it with a slin pin. I like the 5/8 inch ones and it works great every time. But I think the spot you hit is the furthest thing away from a safe stick. Closer to the exact opposite side of your leg....assuming I understood you correctly.

Skyler777

Skyler777

Awards
Well, ****. Thanks for the help. A slin pin for leg injections? I thought it was best to go really deep like 1-1.5 inches. Every time I google best IM injections sites or safest it always says pelvis, shoulders, glutes, quads. I will keep reading. Thanks again

KingAnt

KingAnt

Awards
  • Established
I've been thinking about learning to pin. But after stories like this I always think twice lol. Hope it gets better man.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Well, ****. Thanks for the help. A slin pin for leg injections? I thought it was best to go really deep like 1-1.5 inches. Every time I google best IM injections sites or safest it always says pelvis, shoulders, glutes, quads. I will keep reading. Thanks again
pelvis??? i'll assume they mean glute... anyhow not only is the quad full of nerves, its also full veins.. for all you know you could have clipped a vein or struck a nerve with that shot.. also 23 gauge?? !!!! ouch... I inject with a 1' 25g and some like slin pins