rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
What do you guys think about them?

I never use my 2 prong belt to deadlift bc it painfully digs into my sides. I came across the spudd deadlift belt and thought it may be a good idea. If anyone has used them any idea if they are commotion legal?

Edit: strictly talking about conventional as I don't have this problem sumo.

napalm

napalm

Awards
i don't wear a belt, mine digs into my side too.

it just feels uncomfortable to me and i can't get into the position i want...

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My gym has the Spudd bench and deadlift belt laying around. Its definetly comfortable. It feels like a heavy multi layered canvas and a Velcro strap. Not sure about competition legality though.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
i don't wear a belt, mine digs into my side too.

it just feels uncomfortable to me and i can't get into the position i want...
Yea I was thinking it would be nice to have something to comfortably breathe against...gonna try and find reviews and see if more people answer here.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
My gym has the Spudd bench and deadlift belt laying around. Its definetly comfortable. It feels like a heavy multi layered canvas and a Velcro strap. Not sure about competition legality though.
Ahhh hmm that sounds good for some support. May have to email someone from te fed.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
WNPF allows Velcro belts so I would think that spud belts would be okay. May get a three ply one for training.

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I rarely use a belt. I have an older Harbinger. I tried using it higher up (like KK) for my deads, but I can't get down into position good enough without out it gutting me.
Maybe on the heaviest squats I might use one.
My BP is so crappy at this point, it matters very little on that one.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I rarely use a belt. I have an older Harbinger. I tried using it higher up (like KK) for my deads, but I can't get down into position good enough without out it gutting me.
Maybe on the heaviest squats I might use one.
My BP is so crappy at this point, it matters very little on that one.
Yea I use a belt on my heavier sets of squats as I do feel the extra core support to breath into. I want to have the same for deads.

I have so much I gotta think about to bench half way decent the last think I need is a belt there.

Right now I am thinking just a good new belt...single prong or lever. EliteFTS has a nice sale on.

The deadlift belts sound very awesome for deadlifting but I was reading they aren't allowed in many Feds for some stupid reason.

Thanks PB.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Have you worn your belt backwards? Or does it jut pinch in general?

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Have you worn your belt backwards? Or does it jut pinch in general?
If I have it high it digs into my hip at the bottom. If I have it lower it digs into my rib. Only on the deadlift.

Never tried this backwards thing...

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If I have it high it digs into my hip at the bottom. If I have it lower it digs into my rib. Only on the deadlift.

Never tried this backwards thing...
May not matter then. Most people do because of the tongue I think. 10lbs of love handles ago my belt punched and I had constant bruising from it, sucked

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have tried it in a few different positions, but to get it tight enough to make a difference and give me a boost in my pulling, it feels like I am going to herniate my guts and lungs out my nostrils. I may get a slimmer one one of these days but, honestly, I have done without one for a good bit now and my midsection seems to have a built in one now..! Ha ha ha
I do love my Rehband knees sleeves for training however.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have tried it in a few different positions, but to get it tight enough to make a difference and give me a boost in my pulling, it feels like I am going to herniate my guts and lungs out my nostrils. I may get a slimmer one one of these days but, honestly, I have done without one for a good bit now and my midsection seems to have a built in one now..! Ha ha ha
I do love my Rehband knees sleeves for training however.
Yea, it seems like a lot of people just deal with it from what I read. It is a pretty common problem from what I read.

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
i have a spud belt. it was nice when i was first getting started powerlifting and was not used to a belt. i hardly use it anymore since i broke in my lever belt. if i do it will be for overheads, stones, or anything else where i just need a little something to push against but also need a little mobility.

i do have an XL for sale as well. ordered the wrong size the first time so its unused.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
i have a spud belt. it was nice when i was first getting started powerlifting and was not used to a belt. i hardly use it anymore since i broke in my lever belt. if i do it will be for overheads, stones, or anything else where i just need a little something to push against but also need a little mobility.

i do have an XL for sale as well. ordered the wrong size the first time so its unused.
Hmmm well I am gonna buy a better belt that I can use for comps too and hope breaking it in makes it not suck as hard.

I will keep in mind you have that as well.

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I just use my inzer lever.

And pull conventional.
Okay, question...
What or how much more are you getting from your belt do you think?

Since I have tried mine in differing areas (and yes conventional here too) and I still don't seem to get much if anything from it. I have heard some guys saying they get almost #50 from a belt.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Okay, question...

Since I have tried mine in differing areas (and yes conventional here too) and I still don't seem to get much if anything from it. I have heard some guys saying they get almost #50 from a belt.
I wont tell you it makes me lift more weight, but I feel more comfortable with it than without it.

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
Okay, question...

I don't if I get anything more out of my belt other than a thought of protecting my back. I do feel much stronger when doing farmers.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
What mm belt are you guys using?

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
13mm EFS Economy crap belt
I'm looking and their better are mostly 6.5 and 8mm. Don't know if that is kind of small since 13mm and 10mm are more standard.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm looking and their better are mostly 6.5 and 8mm. Don't know if that is kind of small since 13mm and 10mm are more standard.
Check out Titan. Huge amount of styles in every price range.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I get carryover out of my belt whenever I wear it high and really tight. As I sit the pressure gets really intense and seems to help off of the floor. Not a ton, just a little. I, too, spin my belt around, and it is a lever. It definitely helps to not pinch my fat as much.