deadlift grip stregth

J

jtbull

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Howdy yallLots of great advice here. Good sources as well so I am going to ask some advice again. Oh and i relaly missed it when teh site was down over whatever that issue was. I am hoping sources were not compromisedSo anyway I am not per say a power lifter or bodybuilder but interested in both more recomp is what i could be called. Lifting and steroids manage to keep me in better shape than i would be without them and I am on MODERATE dosages since i am a big guyHere goes. My deadlift I "ok" from what I have been told i am 300lbs and my max deadlift is estiamted at 500 based on #reps times weight forumula. I have actually done 475 bare handed ( no straps but i use them often on my max set) I know all the jerking off jokes. What are some ideas on grip power. I used a alternate grip left hand palm in and right hand palm out ( dominant hand). I usually try to keep my max set to 5-7 reps whenever i get up around 7 I up the weight. They are done at the start of my back workout and I do a three day split push, pull legsA deadlift workout might look like this ( last actual workout) 135x10315x4420x5 The week before was the same but I got 420 for 7 and that is with straps. Many times ill count to 20 after the last rep and do a bare handed one sort of like a heavy duty rest/pauseAny help is appreciatedI tried those little gripper things you hold in your hand with two handles. I might have done way too much with them but suffice to say nothing serious but my outer forearm got to hurt like hell so that was not a good idea

Also anyone know a good way to use fish oil in my regimen? i was thinking take with dinner. I do take anabolics and trt.

J

jtbull

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I can't tell if you're asking how to rip a dick off or when to take fish oil. it's best to take it with food yes. sudden oil intake can make u shít lol
LOL thanks i needed that. Yes I will take with dinner

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
For grip strength you wanna train grip seperate from back or deadlift. Those high resistance hand krushers are the real deal. On top of that. Loaded carries, grenade Pull-Ups, plate pinch and direct forearm stuff.

Another good hand strength exercise is grab a dumbbell by the end so your pllming the weight with your fingers wrapped around it and do wrist curls and extensions, side and front laterals. Basically anything you can that forces you to use your fingers to hold that weight in the process

J

jtbull

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
For grip strength you wanna train grip seperate from back or deadlift. Those high resistance hand krushers are the real deal. On top of that. Loaded carries, grenade Pull-Ups, plate pinch and direct forearm stuff.

Another good hand strength exercise is grab a dumbbell by the end so your pllming the weight with your fingers wrapped around it and do wrist curls and extensions, side and front laterals. Basically anything you can that forces you to use your fingers to hold that weight in the process
thanks man. I think i saw a couple of them on a video. I was going to do them on back day so glad you mentioned not to. Likely ill do them on leg day or chest push day as my thrid workout is pull ( back)

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
thanks man. I think i saw a couple of them on a video. I was going to do them on back day so glad you mentioned not to. Likely ill do them on leg day or chest push day as my thrid workout is pull ( back)
If you're going to do them on back day just make it the very end of your back day so you're not hindering your back training.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Typically when you want to get better at something or build up a weak body part you want to prioritize it. It's own day once in awhile. We're pairing it with a body part that won't interfere with making your grip tired

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
old thread but I just take my fishoil in the morning as part of my routine. Coffee with collagen, fish oil, goat weed, carnitine, then breakfast.