Unanswered Deadlift every other week effective?

N

NATURALLYHARD

Awards
  • Established
The powerlifting gym I train at is 30 minutes away from my house and some days I can’t get a ride(still on permit),I never miss a squat workout but sometimes I miss bench and deadlift, I workout at home if I can’t make it to gym I have a pull up,dip bar at my house and some dumbbells!
Will missing a deadlift workout every other week hurt progress??,man is life a naughty thing or what you can’t escape suffering no matter what!

Ptlhains

Ptlhains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yes, for sure you can make progress - I personally think more progress than each week. Hit it hard with low reps / heavy weight and than some volume sets at 60-70% and really bomb it. You need to row your back and do RDL's with them dumbells every other week. Or find some implements around the house to use.

Steezy

Steezy

Awards
  • Established
I made more progress on my deadlift by deadlifting less! It was hard for me to believe that taking a day out of deads made me stronger. I was still squatting twice a week and deadlifting once. So if its possible to hit your legs twice in the week you miss deadlifting adding in more hamstrings and lower back work will help with still making progress. On that note my deadlift also increased when my squats got stronger. so yea you should be fine!

E

ericos_bob

Awards
  • Established
My squat strength also ties in closely to DL strength. I've never made gains on my squat and not had any carry-over to DL. The converse isn't so true.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
The powerlifting gym I train at is 30 minutes away from my house and some days I can’t get a ride(still on permit),I never miss a squat workout but sometimes I miss bench and deadlift, I workout at home if I can’t make it to gym I have a pull up,dip bar at my house and some dumbbells!
Will missing a deadlift workout every other week hurt progress??,man is life a naughty thing or what you can’t escape suffering no matter what!
I only DL once or twice a month tops.
As long as my routine involves heavy leg curls, hyperextensions, heeeaaavvy bent over rows and rope face pulls, my DL consistently goes up. Like clockwork.

B

Bignick31985

Awards
The last squat program I ran had me squatting 4 times a week, deadlifted not once for 12 weeks. My deadlift max went from 275lbs x1 to 315 for a double.

Surprised the hell outta me.

And squat added 40lbs by the end.

BamBam54

BamBam54

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Wait... you are 18 years old and injecting test... and still on a learners permit ?!?!

BamBam54

BamBam54

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
In one of his other threads entitled "staring [sic] cycle without ai" in the anabolic section.