Dbol - no strength gains

A

aur462

Awards
I started 40mg Dbol about 11 days ago. I'm on TRT for which I increased the dose to 250mg weekly. I gained about 15 pounds of water weight, but my strength is not increasing. The only thing I can figure, and either way this is lack of foresight on my part, is I didn't increase calorie intake to match my increased weight. I was making good natural gains before starting the dbol. I increased my caloric intake in the last 5-7 days, but feel like I'm playing catch-up. I'm 5'9" 186 and was around 170 before starting the increased TRT dosage and dbol.

So I'm just looking for confirmation on whether this seems to be lack of caloric surplus or other. Going into the gym expecting to see "the magic" and not getting it is beyond frustrating. My wife and people that didn't know me before my dbol bloat have complimented my (artificial) size, so the dbol seems gtg for this reason also. Wondering if I should raise the dose.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I started 40mg Dbol about 11 days ago. I'm on TRT for which I increased the dose to 250mg weekly. I gained about 15 pounds of water weight, but my strength is not increasing. The only thing I can figure, and either way this is lack of foresight on my part, is I didn't increase calorie intake to match my increased weight. I was making good natural gains before starting the dbol. I increased my caloric intake in the last 5-7 days, but feel like I'm playing catch-up. I'm 5'9" 186 and was around 170 before starting the increased TRT dosage and dbol.

So I'm just looking for confirmation on whether this seems to be lack of caloric surplus or other. Going into the gym expecting to see "the magic" and not getting it is beyond frustrating. My wife and people that didn't know me before my dbol bloat have complimented my (artificial) size, so the dbol seems gtg for this reason also. Wondering if I should raise the dose.
What kind/how much AI are you taking?

A

aur462

Awards
I take adex. However, when i first started this cycle I tested my estradiol and it was <5 (pg?) as I got a little too ambitious with lowering it. I've since lowered the dosage.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I take adex. However, when i first started this cycle I tested my estradiol and it was <5 (pg?) as I got a little too ambitious with lowering it. I've since lowered the dosage.
Wow. Yeah, you've got to get your #s in a fairly decent range, and fairly stable. Then you can figure some things out.

A

aur462

Awards
Wow. Yeah, you've got to get your #s in a fairly decent range, and fairly stable. Then you can figure some things out.
I know estrogen is anabolic...You don't think that's the issue do you? My body is an aromatizing machine so I figured as long as I went a couple of weeks without adex, the test and dbol would gladly serve my body with plenty of E2 and not interfere with my cycle.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I know estrogen is anabolic...You don't think that's the issue do you? My body is an aromatizing machine so I figured as long as I went a couple of weeks without adex, the test and dbol would gladly serve my body with plenty of E2 and not interfere with my cycle.
Well, the problem is ... Now you can only guess.
For instance ... You say you gained 15 pounds of water (which I could believe), but do you think you did that with LOW Estrogen ?

J

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It’s odd. Not sure how you could gain 15lbs and not be stronger. Even if it was water and glycogen. Also if it was 15 lbs of water you would not be getting compliments. Lol Your face would look like a blowfish.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Are you training for strength? What rep range you in and how are you testing strength? Whilst a bigger muscle is normally a stronger muscle there are loads of training factors that can influence this.

where are your lifts currently at? The higher the numbers the more specific the training needs to be to see strength gains ime

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You should get strength gains from 40mg dbol. While you will get more strength on DHT's (winny, tbol, SD...), 40mg dbol is still enough to notice some gains. For me however, dbol makes me a lot more energetic, lively, and thus it makes the same weight easier to lift and can do more sets. Not so much on the strength side though as lifting endurance.

Use winny, halo, SD, for strength.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Damn, youre not getting rep-PRs? Ive found adrol better for strength than dbol.

210LBS

Awards
  • Established
It doesn't make any sense that you're not getting strength gains from dbol, especially if you gained 15lbs of water weight. Something is not adding up here.