Days before covid

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Was looking through some old pics and man do I miss those days. When you can do whatever and be around whoever without worrying about anything. One of my favorite things to do was teaching kids about my job and also just sitting with them and reading them books or arts and crafts. Feel like these days will never be back no matter how much time passes.
What do you miss the most from the pre COVID times?

Terry921

Terry921

Awards
I really miss spending time with my friends and family at my house. We always play table games, and other activities: cook pies, sew toys for children, watch soap operas. I am used to being in close relationships with my whole big family and friends, so it is a really tough time for me.

Last edited:
Burnfire

Burnfire

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Dang brother I was just thinking this. I still had a home and my family. I miss the $hit out of those turds man. I've said it before and say it again these are these times that we need to stick together and stop allowing the tear to keep progressing to the point of chaos.

mawalega

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
It really has, traveling and interacting with people was my hobby. Now you can’t even travel the world due too the 2 week quarantine. So I need to take 6 weeks off of work for a 2 week vacation is just insane (less if I take the test but still would be atleast 5 weeks)
^This is my situation man. You just can't travel really. I'd go over seas and without a long-term visa, which is also crap to get right now, many places only allow 30 days for "tourists"... So 14/30 isolated if you stayed the full? Smh

TheVenom

TheVenom

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I miss taking my son to public places. He's just over a year old now, and he's just recently started to develop an amazing curiosity. It breaks my heart that we can do so little during this point of his life. I want to walk with him and his mother in the park, or feed the fish at the lake. I want to see the total fascination on his face when he sees another baby, and the let him actually play with them. I just want to watch him experience the world outside of our house.

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Was looking through some old pics and man do I miss those days. When you can do whatever and be around whoever without worrying about anything. One of my favorite things to do was teaching kids about my job and also just sitting with them and reading them books or arts and crafts. Feel like these days will never be back no matter how much time passes.
What do you miss the most from the pre COVID times?

View attachment 201017
Great pic brother!!!!

Thanks for starting this thread.

Kids man, the kids!!! Its so hard for these kids that have to virtual learn from home. Then they can't do anything. No sports, hanging out, movies. Wife and I are doing our best to keep these kids mentally and physically occupied.

Then, our elders. My mother hasn't left her house in over 9 months. She has tons of underlying issues. We are able to go see her and she does visit us but thats about it.

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think all the parents in here are all feeling the same. These times are robbing the kids of the adventures that they would usually be having. Instead they are home trapped to a computer learning and playing. Luckily my kids go to a private school and they been open mostly but do close at times if a bunch of Kids test positive.

Last edited:
BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I think all the parents in here are all feeling the same. These times are robbing the kids of the adventures that they would usually be having. Instead they are hole trapped to a computer learning and playing. Luckily my kids go to a private school and they been open mostly but do close at times if a bunch of Kids test positive.
My oldest is 16, he is doing great with the school work but being completely robbed with basketball. He is a sophomore this year and probably be starting varsity this year. Then with not being able to hang with all his buddies and girls is rough in him. Been keeping him occupied on good weather days with training, bball at the house, and fishing.

Daughter, 10...she is a busy body and actually loves the dam cpu schooling. With her she is a social butterfly and doesn't get to spread her love like usual. She is able to still do dance once a week for two hours, just gotta be creative I guess.

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My oldest is 16, he is doing great with the school work but being completely robbed with basketball. He is a sophomore this year and probably be starting varsity this year. Then with not being able to hang with all his buddies and girls is rough in him. Been keeping him occupied on good weather days with training, bball at the house, and fishing.

Daughter, 10...she is a busy body and actually loves the dam cpu schooling. With her she is a social butterfly and doesn't get to spread her love like usual. She is able to still do dance once a week for two hours, just gotta be creative I guess.
My son is 7 and daughter 11. He does tae kwon do and soccer and it’s still up at times but they are far apart and 7 years old like running and hitting each other lol. My daughter does dance and soccer and the classes in person are far apart it’s mostly virtual.
They both are on swim team but they canceled all meets for a year already. Luckily there is a preserve by me so we go hiking and bike riding a lot. My kids don’t like being in the house all day and neither do I. I workout at home or the gym if open then I hit the preserve, the past year I was there every day doing 5-10 mile hikes or longer bike rides.