Damaged DERMACRINE

vascopro

vascopro

Awards
  • Established
Hi,

I've bought 2 bottles last year to use this year and I think the best before date is 2021 still but the product is not a bege/beije gel like usual... Instead is like a brown liquid!!

Is it still good to use? Just consistency problem?...

Or is it damaged and I should not use it?

Thanks for your help!

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Hi,

I've bought 2 bottles last year to use this year and I think the best before date is 2021 still but the product is not a bege/beije gel like usual... Instead is like a brown liquid!!

Is it still good to use? Just consistency problem?...

Or is it damaged and I should not use it?

Thanks for your help!
I think it is just a consistency issue that Rob has been working on fixing with one of the manufacturers...should be fine. @delsolrob

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Both bottles should be fine. the bottle with the creamier gel - with the round lot code on the bottom - was actually on of the first lots we made using my process improvements...after moving production in house.

All the batches should more closely resemble the new bottle going forward. There have historically always been variances between batches of dermacrine and sustain alpha and I brought the process in house to manage this and ensure greater consistency. However, due to the nature of some botanicals, there may be some slight variance in color. There also may be slight differences in viscosity, especially as I'm tweaking the formulas to adjust for new suppliers of carbomer due to global shortage.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Both bottles should be fine. the bottle with the creamier gel - with the round lot code on the bottom - was actually on of the first lots we made using my process improvements...after moving production in house.

All the batches should more closely resemble the new bottle going forward. There have historically always been variances between batches of dermacrine and sustain alpha and I brought the process in house to manage this and ensure greater consistency. However, due to the nature of some botanicals, there may be some slight variance in color. There also may be slight differences in viscosity, especially as I'm tweaking the formulas to adjust for new suppliers of carbomer due to global shortage.
This is why we moved it in house.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

vascopro

vascopro

Awards
  • Established
Another thing!

One of them burst the bottom and leaks + the pump doesn’t work.
I have another bottle I’m just finishing...

Is there a way to fix the damaged bottle? Make the pump work?
Or perhaps transfer the product to the other bottle I’m finishing?

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Another thing!

One of them burst the bottom and leaks + the pump doesn’t work.
I have another bottle I’m just finishing...

Is there a way to fix the damaged bottle? Make the pump work?
Or perhaps transfer the product to the other bottle I’m finishing?

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!
Not sure. @delsolrob

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
there is not an effective way to transfer the contents.

Just sent a PM with what I hope to be a resolution for you 👍

if product is leaking from the bottom, the pump will not work...as it functions off the vacuum in the bottle created by the seal of the piston (the piece that moves up in the bottle as the gel is pumped out). This usually only breaks if the bottle experiences some trauma...like dropping it.