Unanswered Dairy/Whey for your protein source?

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I usually just have chicken or any form of meat tbh to keep my protein intake high.

Recently though my stomach is struggling with meats. I had 7% turkey the other night their and i woke the next day and i could tell the food was still in my stomach and my stomach never felt good at all and was like that for hours after then. I have tried a few meats but my stomach has became very sluggish over these last few months (Mild Gastroparesis). Eggs also seem sluggish to me but not as bad as meats. I can consume dairy with zero issues at all. The other night i just threw some milk ' Yogurt' frozen fruit and a couple scoops of whey into the mixer and blended it all up. Woke up the next day and my stomach was perfect. Tried this a few nights in a row and everytime my body has handled it very easy.

Lastnight i made some Beef and just like previous i can tell the food is still fermenting in my stomach and feels slightly uncomfortable. So my stomach just doesn't handle meats too well Is consuming dairy and whey still ok for muscle growth? I know a lot of people always say food before powders. Just wondered if their was any actual downsides? Still thought if i am supplying all the amino acids then it wouldn't be any different.

Thoughts?

City Boy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Whey protein ,milk, cheese, Greek yoghurt are all good sources

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Whey protein ,milk, cheese, Greek yoghurt are all good sources
Yeh i thought so? Whey digests perfectly for me. So does dairy. Meats on the other hand just don't digest well at all. I think some white fish does well in my stomach and salmon etc. But Chicken 'Turkey' Steak' Beef.. My stomach struggles to break it down and i end up feeling uncomfortable. If it's not being properly broke down then i might not be absorbing all the protein also.

I might just use whey/yogurt from now on. Seems to pass through without any issues

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
If you are having trouble digesting them then I don’t see why you couldn’t just eat other while protein sources that don’t bother you (like dairy).

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Dairy is an excellent source of protein, I wouldn’t be too worried about that. What would worry me is why you aren’t digesting other foods well. You should probably look into things to help your digestive system. Fiber, probiotics, digestive enzymes, etc.

PunkRock

PunkRock

Awards
Fish and eggs are my preference. I just feel like they digest better. Certain wheys are good for me. Cheap ones make me feel full and bloated though.