Dairy to almond

Dmcooper

Awards
I drink A LOT of dairy milk and was thinking about switching to almond milk. I know it doesn't taste as good but I was just wondering if anyone has gone from a dairy addict to almond, how easy was it, and has your health changed? Do you feel better in any way?

Wimsicle

Wimsicle

Awards
  • Established
My calories per day got a lot easier to abide by.. And I go for unsweetened vanilla cashew milk. Taste awesome

boflex78

boflex78

Awards
  • Established
I switched to ultra pasteurized FairLife milk from regular milk/horizon organic milk.

I've tried to switch to almond but it's just too thin and doesn't provide enough nutritionally for me to justify the switch.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Taste is too big a change for me to drink on its own.

As a milk replacement in cereal or a shake I love it though. Unsweetened Cashew Milk on tap here

Saves 60-90 cals per cup depending on what type of milk you were using.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I do half and half in my protein shakes

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
My calories per day got a lot easier to abide by.. And I go for unsweetened vanilla cashew milk. Taste awesome
Same here.

If you're drinking a glass, it probably won't be a good replacement. If you're adding to shakes etc, its great. Personally I've never been the type of person to sit and drink a glass of milk

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I drink A LOT of dairy milk and was thinking about switching to almond milk. I know it doesn't taste as good but I was just wondering if anyone has gone from a dairy addict to almond, how easy was it, and has your health changed? Do you feel better in any way?
Sure, I have. Used to drink skim milk. While I still drink skim, esp post training meal, when simple carbs are best here, I use almond milk in my cereal, and with recipes. Takes quite a bit of sugar carbs and keeps carbs lower.

Wimsicle

Wimsicle

Awards
  • Established
Sure, I have. Used to drink skim milk. While I still drink skim, esp post training meal, when simple carbs are best here, I use almond milk in my cereal, and with recipes. Takes quite a bit of sugar carbs and keeps carbs lower.
John I see you talk about getting simple carbs post workout often. I understand the science and manipulating insulin, but was wondering what your favorite source was.

I've been drinking chocolate milk haha

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
John I see you talk about getting simple carbs post workout often. I understand the science and manipulating insulin, but was wondering what your favorite source was.

I've been drinking chocolate milk haha
Pudding, half a pack mixed with whey and skim milk, yummmm

and cereals with skim .

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I switched to ultra pasteurized FairLife milk from regular milk/horizon organic milk.

I've tried to switch to almond but it's just too thin and doesn't provide enough nutritionally for me to justify the switch.
Sane here, almond milk sucks, fairlife is my ****, I smash out a half gallon of the chocolate 4-5x a week