Cytochrome P450 Inhibitor - E2 levels

jimmy jam

Awards
Hi this is my forst post, so I am not sure if this is the correct forum to post this question...

I was wondering if anyone could tell me if a Cytochrome P450 inhibitor ( Nefazodone) would effect estradiol levels? I have read " Aromatase is bio-synthesized as part of the cytochrome P450 enzyme cascade" therefore it seems this drug would have some effect on conversion of T--> E2 , but I can not quite figure out if that would be positive or negative. thanks for any help!

MetalMX

MetalMX

Awards
  • Established
Yeah think so.

CYP1 enzyme is involved in estrogen metabolism

Also changes in CYP enzyme activity may affect the metabolism and clearance of various drugs. For example, if one drug inhibits the CYP-mediated metabolism of another drug, the second drug may accumulate within the body to toxic levels.

From wikipedia - Nefazodone is a potent inhibitor of CYP3A4, an isozyme of the cytochrome P450 system, and may therefore interact adversely with many commonly-used medications that are metabolized by CYP3A4.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Hi this is my forst post, so I am not sure if this is the correct forum to post this question...

I was wondering if anyone could tell me if a Cytochrome P450 inhibitor ( Nefazodone) would effect estradiol levels? I have read " Aromatase is bio-synthesized as part of the cytochrome P450 enzyme cascade" therefore it seems this drug would have some effect on conversion of T--> E2 , but I can not quite figure out if that would be positive or negative. thanks for any help!
depends if it affect the pathways cyp1a1 or cyp19, cyp1b1