manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Does anyone ever doubt the necessity of these on cycle? Aside from the liver support, I'm not really sure these are necessary....

If these herbal supps are that effective in helping cholesterol, prostate health, BP, heart health, liver health,etc....why aren't people taking them all the time?

I'd like to hear both sides of the coin on this. I know there are peeps out there who have run oral cycles and been fine without all these support supps.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
My personal view is why take the risk?

Obviously the type of cycle and other lifestyle factors can influence risk, if you don’t drink, do cardio etc you’ll mitigate some liver and cardiovascular risk etc

plenty of people say that even the impact on the liver is only akin to a heavy session on the booze (Dave crossland on a podcast said he’s never got his liver results up to anywhere near a medical concern despite running crazy heavy orals etc) but again why take the risk when we only get one body, one shot at life.

That said I do take a boat full of general health type supps on and off cycle....

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Why take the risk yes .. and i do take em 3-4X a year ( hormonal free year round ) and def can tell .. esp when it comes to BP

other stuff that i like to run here and there cq10, lutein and curriculum ..love these 3 things.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Does anyone ever doubt the necessity of these on cycle? Aside from the liver support, I'm not really sure these are necessary....

If these herbal supps are that effective in helping cholesterol, prostate health, BP, heart health, liver health,etc....why aren't people taking them all the time?

I'd like to hear both sides of the coin on this. I know there are peeps out there who have run oral cycles and been fine without all these support supps.
Heart health - vitamin k2, Ubiquinol (CoQ10)
Liver- TUDCA & NAC
Cholesterol - better eating

There’s saftey data and studies showing them effective, so why wouldn’t you use them?

Turmeric/curcumin I take year around and will start the vitamin K2 soon (Jarrow labs mk7). It’s odd that we want to LOOK healthy through lifting and dieting but to feel healthy through supplementing what we’re missing through diet is a concept we don’t want to believe?

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Heart health - vitamin k2, Ubiquinol (CoQ10)
Liver- TUDCA & NAC
Cholesterol - better eating

There’s saftey data and studies showing them effective, so why wouldn’t you use them?

Turmeric/curcumin I take year around and will start the vitamin K2 soon (Jarrow labs mk7). It’s odd that we want to LOOK healthy through lifting and dieting but to feel healthy through supplementing what we’re missing through diet is a concept we don’t want to believe?
I just bought a bunch of turmeric/curcumin I need to go cap up. How much are you taking? 1.5g / day?

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Good info in here. Thanks guys

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Ive dont plenty of cycle when I was young with no support. I wouldn’t run any without cel assist + tudca nowadays though. Especially since it’s so cheap

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
On a side note, why is it recommended to separate your support supp dosage from the steroid/prohormone?

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

Hae you ever met an older person without a giant pill container... they all take them as their organs are beginning to slow down... Cycles put unnatural stress on those same organs and speed that degeneration.

So, are they necessary?... maybe not in the short term, but long term, they absolutely will help prevent early onset issues from unnatural stresses.

Also, many people do actually use either single ingredients or combos year round for general health. I personally do.

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Hae you ever met an older person without a giant pill container... they all take them as their organs are beginning to slow down... Cycles put unnatural stress on those same organs and speed that degeneration.

So, are they necessary?... maybe not in the short term, but long term, they absolutely will help prevent early onset issues from unnatural stresses.

Also, many people do actually use either single ingredients or combos year round for general health. I personally do.
Why not? Especially if you take the time to source the components you need vs buying brand name blends....costs very little to keep the basics going

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Why not? Especially if you take the time to source the components you need vs buying brand name blends....costs very little to keep the basics going
exactly... and for those that dont want to have to pick and choose, theres comprehensives like CEL Cycle assist that are cheap enough (and can even be half dosed for most people) to make it worthwhile.

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Necessary? No. Smart? Yes. Everyone else already made some pretty good points. And +1 for cel cycle assist; that stuff is great.

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Necessary? No. Smart? Yes. Everyone else already made some pretty good points. And +1 for cel cycle assist; that stuff is great.
I've become a big fan of Piana's liver and organ defender. Just liked the ingredients and doses better than CEL. However CEL has some better selling points too. I've got bloods showing decent improvement while using the 5% product....not that something else wouldnt have done the same, but good stuff.

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I've become a big fan of Piana's liver and organ defender. Just liked the ingredients and doses better than CEL. However CEL has some better selling points too. I've got bloods showing decent improvement while using the 5% product....not that something else wouldnt have done the same, but good stuff.
Yea, I remember comparing the two of them and they both had great dosages. They both looked great overall.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
I picked up some Iron Labs Cycle Support (Advanced formula) for an Epistane cycle.

Does it need to be dosed separate from the EPI, or does it not matter?

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I picked up some Iron Labs Cycle Support (Advanced formula) for an Epistane cycle.

Does it need to be dosed separate from the EPI, or does it not matter?
Generally you want to keep tudca dosing at least a couple hours from dosing bc it may decrease absorption. But if it doesnt contain tudca (highly doubt it does) there shouldnt be any negative consequences afaik

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

If you plan on using steroids for the long run (20+ years) then yes, they’re extremely important.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
So, TUDCA is the only support supp that decreases absorption?

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Tudca isn’t going to affect the absorption of oral steroids.
I said *may* bc I'm not sure where I read that. Very well could have been someone on another board. Guess my question is (and I'm not questioning you - genuinely asking) do you know this to be absolutely true?

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Generally you want to keep tudca dosing at least a couple hours from dosing bc it may decrease absorption. But if it doesnt contain tudca (highly doubt it does) there shouldnt be any negative consequences afaik
TUDCA was shown to make alcohol damage to the liver worse, when taken BEFORE drinking. So some people were theorizing that if TUDCA was taken BEFORE steroids, rather than after, that it might actually increase the damage of the steroids to the liver. (I have no idea if this is true or not).

Maybe that's what you were thinking of?

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
TUDCA was shown to make alcohol damage to the liver worse, when taken BEFORE drinking. So some people were theorizing that if TUDCA was taken BEFORE steroids, rather than after, that it might actually increase the damage of the steroids to the liver. (I have no idea if this is true or not).

Possibly where the idea originated.

Sorry for the bad info guys - appreciate the correction tho

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

This is what I figured when I read his initial post, or whoever, about it. I decided to comment when I saw someone repost the absorption thing.

Another thought process is taking supps to help your liver get rid of hepatotoxic compounds can decrease the life of the compounds and not maximizing results.

But this also doesn’t (really) have to do with absorption . Just mostly half life.

But I’m all for using support supps. Especially liver support supps. The insignificant reward isn’t worth the damage done.