Cycle question

deadliftqueen

deadliftqueen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Hi y’all I need some advice!!!
Background: training for 7yrs, 3 cycles ran in the past, nutrition and training is 100%

I am having issues growing tissue on my lower half. Training is intense and recovery is great and I’m eating between 2800-3400 calories daily. I have a coach and would like to run a cycle and I’m thinking of just doing it anyways, as I keep getting the “you’re making good progress”. The progress being made has been very slow and I would like to compete beginning of next year.
I’m trying to get the least amount of sides (of course) but build some good tissue.
looking for cycle advice, I’d like to just run one thing and not pin. But open to ideas😊

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
A lot of females do very good on just clen and GH without anabolics. I do have a hard time believing you're eating what you say you are because that's what I'm eating and I work construction, boxing and grappling and lift weights and I'm about 200lbs

deadliftqueen

deadliftqueen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
A lot of females do very good on just clen and GH without anabolics. I do have a hard time believing you're eating what you say you are because that's what I'm eating and I work construction, boxing and grappling and lift weights and I'm about 200lbs
I weighed 109 3 months ago, and have been barely gaining weight (I am 111 currently). Since I had my kid 10 months ago I worked my metabolism slowly and now it’s crazy. I’m eating around 400g of carbs per day and 170-180g of protein per day depending on digestion. With a refeed of 1200-1600 on leg days. So yes I am eating that. I’m also not doing any cardio, just lifting 3days per week.

(I was at 168 after my son so i lost the weight slowly and increased my food as I plateaued)

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I'm stumped lol, I'm almost 100lbs heavier then you, a man, boxing and grappling and bodybuilding stuff too, so what I'm doing cardio I'm like drenched in sweat barely can breathe type cardio. 5-6 days a week twice a day training some times and somehow we have the same maintenance calories? I'm not huge but I'm not a small person either.
IMG_20220627_211843626~3.jpg

I'm wondering if maybe you have a overactive thyroid or something medical that's stopping you from gaining weight. I've got some guys who are 220 on 3000 calories for maintenance.

Sorry for all the rambling I'm just trying to wrap my head around the calories vs. your bodyweight.

deadliftqueen

deadliftqueen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I'm stumped lol, I'm almost 100lbs heavier then you, a man, boxing and grappling and bodybuilding stuff too, so what I'm doing cardio I'm like drenched in sweat barely can breathe type cardio. 5-6 days a week twice a day training some times and somehow we have the same maintenance calories? I'm not huge but I'm not a small person either. View attachment 218464

I'm wondering if maybe you have a overactive thyroid or something medical that's stopping you from gaining weight. I've got some guys who are 220 on 3000 calories for maintenance.

Sorry for all the rambling I'm just trying to wrap my head around the calories vs. your bodyweight.
I am too, I’ve never had this issue I usually sit around 120-130lbs eating 2000k maintenance. I have gotten bloodwork done (first thing I did) and they said nothing was wrong. I am anemic but doesn’t have too much to do with losing weight. I’ve never eaten this much and truly I’m frustrated with the amount I have to eat. My husband is 230lbs and I’m eating more than him and he trains more than me. I don’t have enough time with work to train more than 3 days, and I’m also “supposed” to be hitting 10k steps daily as my coach requested (but not trying to burn any extra).

klbsa

klbsa

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I was gifted a pair of chicken legs by the lor......and when I really started to try and grow them I had minimal success. I found out after about two years that I was overtraining.

Now I do my leg workouts never more than once a week, and I get growth. My upper body grows just looking at weights, my chickens require twice as much recovery.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I am too, I’ve never had this issue I usually sit around 120-130lbs eating 2000k maintenance. I have gotten bloodwork done (first thing I did) and they said nothing was wrong. I am anemic but doesn’t have too much to do with losing weight. I’ve never eaten this much and truly I’m frustrated with the amount I have to eat. My husband is 230lbs and I’m eating more than him and he trains more than me. I don’t have enough time with work to train more than 3 days, and I’m also “supposed” to be hitting 10k steps daily as my coach requested (but not trying to burn any extra).
I wish I had a answer but I truly don't. I'm actually going to run this by someone else just to get there opinion.

Just out of curiosity when was the last time you had bloodwork, mainly concerned with thyroid and glucose levels. Hyperthyroidism can make this happen, type 1 diabetes can also make it so that you can't store glucose making it hard to gain weight and females with this tend to be a little top heavy. Not meaning fat on top, I mean the lower body, glutes and thighs just seem to be smaller.

I'm definitely not a expert on this, those are just 2 things that crossed my mind

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I was gifted a pair of chicken legs by the lor......and when I really started to try and grow them I had minimal success. I found out after about two years that I was overtraining.

Now I do my leg workouts never more than once a week, and I get growth. My upper body grows just looking at weights, my chickens require twice as much recovery.
She's only training 3 days a week and doing no cardio while eating 3000cal, I don't think she's overtraining

deadliftqueen

deadliftqueen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I wish I had a answer but I truly don't. I'm actually going to run this by someone else just to get there opinion.

Just out of curiosity when was the last time you had bloodwork, mainly concerned with thyroid and glucose levels. Hyperthyroidism can make this happen, type 1 diabetes can also make it so that you can't store glucose making it hard to gain weight and females with this tend to be a little too heavy. Not meaning fat on top, I mean the lower body, glutes and thighs just seem to be smaller.

I'm definitely not a expert on this, those are just 2 things that crossed my mind
I have a glucose monitor at home as well and my levels for my age (23) are normal. Last time I got bloodwork was about a month ago. I’ll take all the advice / intel you have!!

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I have a glucose monitor at home as well and my levels for my age (23) are normal. Last time I got bloodwork was about a month ago. I’ll take all the advice / intel you have!!
I'm super interested in finding out what's going on so I'm gonna ask around and get back to you, see if anyone has any ideas

deadliftqueen

deadliftqueen

Awards
  • First Up Vote

Just out of curiosity when was the last time you had bloodwork, mainly concerned with thyroid and glucose levels. Hyperthyroidism can make this happen, type 1 diabetes can also make it so that you can't store glucose making it hard to gain weight and females with this tend to be a little too heavy. Not meaning fat on top, I mean the lower body, glutes and thighs just seem to be smaller.

I'm super interested in finding out what's going on so I'm gonna ask around and get back to you, see if anyone has any ideas
Awesome thank you I’m open to anything. I am gaining VERY SLOWLY (3lbs over 3 months on these macros) but shouldn’t be this hard.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I'm following this.
I would've guessed thyroid, as well.
Why are you Anemic?

deadliftqueen

deadliftqueen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I'm following this.
Why are you Anemic?
Mainly genetic, but a lot of women are unknowingly. I took iron supplements for awhile but they made me sick so I just have a high iron diet.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I'm following this.
Why are you Anemic?
Il tell you something odd, in highschool I was always borderline anemic. I wasn't allowed to donate blood when they would do the blood drives each year. But I always wrestle and boxed and you would think I'd pass out but never did. Then in my early 20's I had to get bloodwork and poof, no more anemic and never had a issue since. No1 had a answer for this either. Dr. Just shrugged it off like it was normal when I had it and same when I was back to normal lol

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I apologize for this question. I know the answer seems obvious.
Your Thyroid showed normal, a month ago?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Couple good lower body mass builders that I think are underrated.

Lunges with a very wide step so that it's really targeting the glutes and hams.

Leg press with your feet high and wide on the platform.

The addiction abduction machine that no1 seems to ever use.

And a old school ass to grass squat with your feet slightly wider then your shoulders and toes pointing straight forward. (Mobility is a big limiting factor on this one)

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Also curious on what your coach says about the 3000 cal and you not gaining weight

deadliftqueen

deadliftqueen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
What's your leg day look like
Every week: most training sets includes till failure/ heavy sets
Leg curl
Leg extension
Hack squat
BSS
Hip thrusts
BB RDL
Hyperextensions
Cable Abductors[/QUOTE]

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
@Hyde might be a good resource here. He's knowledgeable, and his wife lifts.

No offense to @Smont , he's a great resource, but he and I are already here.
(y):)💪

deadliftqueen

deadliftqueen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Also curious on what your coach says about the 3000 cal and you not gaining weight
My coach is saying I’m making progress, and threw in a refeed. Body composition wise, my body is changing yes but scale is barely moving.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
My coach is saying I’m making progress, and threw in a refeed. Body composition wise, my body is changing yes but scale is barely moving.
On the bright side, 2000 calories is still a lot of food for you and that will be a 1000 calorie deficit going by what your eating now. Cutting is going to be a cakewalk for you

deadliftqueen

deadliftqueen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
On the bright side, 2000 calories is still a lot of food for you and that will be a 1000 calorie deficit going by what your eating now. Cutting is going to be a cakewalk for you
I’ve ran var 3x previously and thinking of switching it up. I’m trying to figure out what I should run, I’m thinking maybe just clen by itself. I’m having a hard time finding it in a small enough dose. Never done anything besides orals so I’m scared to do pinning hahaha

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I’ve ran var 3x previously and thinking of switching it up. I’m trying to figure out what I should run, I’m thinking maybe just clen by itself. I’m having a hard time finding it in a small enough dose. Never done anything besides orals so I’m scared to do pinning hahaha
I don't know where you live but if in the US, I'm a rep for maresearchchems, we have clen in liquid form. So you can get a 1ml dropper and micromanage your dose. If you need a discount code or questions pm me

CasperKValentine

CasperKValentine

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'm stumped to as far as root cause. Maybe @Smont will figure it out. He's knows his stuff and loves helping people. Are you eating really clean? If you are just burning though everything have you tried loosening up on diet? I'm not saying dirty bulk eat all kinds of junk but one can only eat so much and I know some hard gainers that just can't take in enough clean food to grow. Like he said with you metabolism cuttings should be cake. You look awesome by the way! Your defiantly putting in some work!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
My son is a year & a half old, so I understand how you may have very fixed training times, but do you feel the total weekly volume you’re accomplishing now is similar to back when your legs were larger? The movements I use and weekly volume are much more relevant to how my legs look than how strong I am on things.

Clen at 20mcg is a solid anabolic for a woman for sure, but it will absolutely increase your caloric demands and will be less anabolic than anything that directly modulates the androgen receptor. It will be underwhelming after using Var, and better as something in between steroids while you recover from those. As mentioned, get liquid so you can manage the tiny doses accurately.

My wife never noticed anything worthwhile with oral primo acetate tabs. They’re expensive and hard to find too.

LGD at LOW doses, like 3mg most days of the week, could be a good bulking option. It can have some sides that are user-dependent; my wife gets pretty moody on it. Not shorter-fused the way AAS can make you, more like PMS. I realize I’m not selling it here, but it is something we’ve found to add some size without serious side effects. It has a long half-life, so it’s great to just take a little liquid each morning once.

Anadrol at micro doses can work well, but it’s really hard to get it in a small enough dose. Smallest I have found was 25mg tabs, but 6.25mg once or twice a day is plenty from what I’ve read. My wife was getting strong AF on 12.5mg a day, and she has years of use experience. She did really like it, but you will hold some water weight both in and above the muscle for sure.

deadliftqueen

deadliftqueen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I don't know where you live but if in the US, I'm a rep for maresearchchems, we have clen in liquid form. So you can get a 1ml dropper and micromanage your dose. If you need a discount code or questions pm me
Yea definitely will take you up on that. I’m thinking clen as well. My coach is saying var (at 5 daily) I’ve ran it at 5 and 10 but I’m trying to gain lean mass and I’ve never ran clen but I think it might be my better option on this one. How about sides with clen? Any dosage tips? I’m 112 as of today and 5’1

deadliftqueen

deadliftqueen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I'm stumped to as far as root cause. Maybe @Smont will figure it out. He's knows his stuff and loves helping people. Are you eating really clean? If you are just burning though everything have you tried loosening up on diet? I'm not saying dirty bulk eat all kinds of junk but one can only eat so much and I know some hard gainers that just can't take in enough clean food to grow. Like he said with you metabolism cuttings should be cake. You look awesome by the way! Your defiantly putting in some work!
Yeah pretty much make all foods from scratch except turkey sausage in my diet. If I eat more junk it’ll just suck all my daily calories away so that’s why I haven’t tried it yet. Thank you though I really appreciate it :)

deadliftqueen

deadliftqueen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
My son is a year & a half old, so I understand how you may have very fixed training times, but do you feel the total weekly volume you’re accomplishing now is similar to back when your legs were larger? The movements I use and weekly volume are much more relevant to how my legs look than how strong I am on things.

Clen at 20mcg is a solid anabolic for a woman for sure, but it will absolutely increase your caloric demands and will be less anabolic than anything that directly modulates the androgen receptor. It will be underwhelming after using Var, and better as something in between steroids while you recover from those. As mentioned, get liquid so you can manage the tiny doses accurately.

My wife never noticed anything worthwhile with oral primo acetate tabs. They’re expensive and hard to find too.

LGD at LOW doses, like 3mg most days of the week, could be a good bulking option. It can have some sides that are user-dependent; my wife gets pretty moody on it. Not shorter-fused the way AAS can make you, more like PMS. I realize I’m not selling it here, but it is something we’ve found to add some size without serious side effects. It has a long half-life, so it’s great to just take a little liquid each morning once.

Anadrol at micro doses can work well, but it’s really hard to get it in a small enough dose. Smallest I have found was 25mg tabs, but 6.25mg once or twice a day is plenty from what I’ve read. My wife was getting strong AF on 12.5mg a day, and she has years of use experience. She did really like it, but you will hold some water weight both in and above the muscle for sure.
I feel like to volume is a lot slower and my glutes are almost impossible to grow which previously I didn’t have that issue. I’ve been having good contractions lifting as well just growth is different. What would you suggest for lean mass? I know water and probably fat will add as well which I’m fine with I just would like to compete next year. I’m thinking clen my coach is saying var. if so what dosage and daily or every other day? I loved var to be honest just don’t know which would be better.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
On a side note, I just got a email from my buddy, he coaches mostly men but a couple females too.

So I said..... question, 105-110lb female training with weights 3 days a week and doing no cardio, eats 2800 to 3,000 calories per day and is only gained 3 lb in 3 months.

He emailed me back a one word answer.

Tapeworm lol.

I talked to him on the phone like 10min later and he's got no clue, he was like aren't you eating 3,000 calories right now and I was like yes LOL. So I wish I had an answer but I'm still completely answerless on how it's possible.

Without a overactive thyroid or something crazy going on I still can't make sense of it.

It's actually driving my nuts lol

klbsa

klbsa

Awards
  • First Up Vote
She's only training 3 days a week and doing no cardio while eating 3000cal, I don't think she's overtraining
Could be UNDER training maybe?.... Even though most people do just fine at 3 days a week.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Could be UNDER training maybe?.... Even though most people do just fine at 3 days a week.
I think you're missing the point, she can't gain weight as a 105 lb female eating 3,000 calories a day and only training 3 days a week.

I'm a 200 lb man and I do nine workouts a week, three to four weight training and four to five boxing and I work construction and I'm eating 3000 calories per day.

Did you get where I'm going with this. It's not about overtraining or under training it's about where are all the calories going lol

deadliftqueen

deadliftqueen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I’m training this way mainly because I don’t have time with work and a kid. But also don’t wanna burn extra then I won’t gain weight at all hahaha

deadliftqueen

deadliftqueen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
It's very confusing to say the least
I’ll Keep you updated, going to see if I get can get tests re run (keep in mind I go to the VA for my bloodwork so might have to find somewhere different bc the VA isn’t the greatest)

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I feel like to volume is a lot slower and my glutes are almost impossible to grow which previously I didn’t have that issue. I’ve been having good contractions lifting as well just growth is different. What would you suggest for lean mass? I know water and probably fat will add as well which I’m fine with I just would like to compete next year. I’m thinking clen my coach is saying var. if so what dosage and daily or every other day? I loved var to be honest just don’t know which would be better.
I think you should re-read my post. Clen is not nearly as potent an anabolic as AAS/SARMs. You are going to want to use something like Var or LGD. You probably aren’t ready for Anadrol but it works very well.

Just because you’ve used Var before doesn’t mean it’s a bad option. 75% of what my wife uses over the year is still Var.

You always want to dose daily/more frequently with smaller doses, if you can get small enough doses. Skipping days is only if you have to use larger serving size capsules- you need to think about it in terms of mg/wk, not just daily.

deadliftqueen

deadliftqueen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I think you should re-read my post. Clen is not nearly as potent an anabolic as AAS/SARMs. You are going to want to use something like Var or LGD. You probably aren’t ready for Anadrol but it works very well.

Just because you’ve used Var before doesn’t mean it’s a bad option. 75% of what my wife uses over the year is still Var.

You always want to dose daily/more frequently with smaller doses, if you can get small enough doses. Skipping days is only if you have to use larger serving size capsules- you need to think about it in terms of mg/wk, not just daily.
Would LGD have less side effects? I’ve never used it, but l used var 5mg 7 days a week and had good results.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Would LGD have less side effects? I’ve never used it, but l used var 5mg 7 days a week and had good results.
Probably, but it’s always individual. It is stronger per mg than Var for sure, so if you try it get a liquid from MA Research or the like so you can dose it low, something like 2mg a day. My wife was seeing some obvious results at that dosage and she’s pretty experienced.

I have heard of women getting libido increases, mood changes, some water retention. Things like hair growth or shedding are probably less likely.

deadliftqueen

deadliftqueen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Probably, but it’s always individual. It is stronger per mg than Var for sure, so if you try it get a liquid from MA Research or the like so you can dose it low, something like 2mg a day. My wife was seeing some obvious results at that dosage and she’s pretty experienced.

I have heard of women getting libido increases, mood changes, some water retention. Things like hair growth or shedding are probably less likely.
I messaged you!!

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
On a side note, I just got a email from my buddy, he coaches mostly men but a couple females too.

So I said..... question, 105-110lb female training with weights 3 days a week and doing no cardio, eats 2800 to 3,000 calories per day and is only gained 3 lb in 3 months.

He emailed me back a one word answer.

Tapeworm lol.

I talked to him on the phone like 10min later and he's got no clue, he was like aren't you eating 3,000 calories right now and I was like yes LOL. So I wish I had an answer but I'm still completely answerless on how it's possible.

Without a overactive thyroid or something crazy going on I still can't make sense of it.

It's actually driving my nuts lol
I’m truly not trying to be funny here, but totally agree with everyone on at your low body weight you are eating a very large daily calorie diet. With that being said, Hyperthyroidism does make sense, but seeing that you’re anemic and having such a hard time gaining, it really could be parasites. It’s not as uncommon as people think. You can get them from under cooked food, Sushi, especially pork, actually any meat, and people have actually picked up hook worms from walking barefoot on the ground, especially in warmer climates.
Again not trying to be funny, but anemia and not being able to gain weight are symptoms, also if you have any digestion issues. Might be a good idea to ask your Doctor to run some test. The good news is that most parasites are fairly easy to treat.